Win Phone Lover Disappointed

AnonymousRider

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
I now only use my Lumia devices as backups to my iPhone but deep inside i am pissed at Satya Nadella for killing what could have been a revolutionary platform full of diverse devices of many form-factors. Each time I power them on for battery management I stare in utter despair at a beautiful UI that had everything necessary to succeed except a true believer in charge.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
I now only use my Lumia devices as backups to my iPhone but deep inside i am pissed at Satya Nadella for killing what could have been a revolutionary platform full of diverse devices of many form-factors. Each time I power them on for battery management I stare in utter despair at a beautiful UI that had everything necessary to succeed except a true believer in charge.

Sadly you are far from being alone :unhappy:

Last edited:

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site

Just enjoy your iPhone. No sense in stressing over what might have been.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Why blame Nadella? Ballmer screwed up Windows on Phones and left a dying system.

Why not just simplify and say Microsoft as I'm pretty certain there is more than one individual to blame here. You know the old saying "It takes two to tango".

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

It's a combination of factors, not just one out of the blue decision by one person

This issue has been discussed in length but basically

• Developers weren't developing at the same rate and quality as on other mobile platforms
  • Microsoft was losing money even if sales had picked up
  • There were many features that were missing according to the general public and trying to catch up meant buggy releases
  • Windows 10 mobile releases couldn't work on all phones with the same reliability and many people still had the older phones like 520 and 920
  • Microsoft made the mistake of trying to capture iphone and android users in developed markets instead of focusing on selling to new customers of smartphones in developing markets
  • Limited advertising in most markets
  • Not pushing more focus and development for windows mobile 10

And the list goes on

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Get an Android phone, and use Launcher 10; you can at least set up your start screen to look like our old beloved Windows phones....View attachment 138722

Looks cool and all but I definitely don't need a constant reminder of Windows Phone on my Droids LOL. Nor do I want to make my phone into something it isn't. But will admit, in my honest opinion, WP's Start Screen is one of the most eye-catching features to adorn a smartphone.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.

I still use my W10M phone. I am sure people will think that is a stupid thing to do in 2018 but I have all the apps I need to do what I want and everything works for me. So right now I don't need to change. If, some way down the line, MS doesn't release any more phone or phone based devices, then chances are I'd pick Nokia for an Android phone (tried Samsung and didn't like it) and use something like Launcher 10 that @darrell reimer showed above.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes