Happy New Windows 10 Mobile User

Lou Sander

Feb 9, 2018
Visit site
I'm a retired tech person with three multi-screen Win 10 systems in my home office. I used flip phones for years, until about a year ago I bought a close-out smart phone for $20 at Target (BLU Advance 4.0L). It was nicer than the flip phone, but I really only used it for telephoning and very occasional texting. I might have taken a couple of pictures with it, but I preferred my simple point-and-shoot Canon PowerShot A810. I never liked having to learn about the Android OS, basically because I've climbed dozens of computer learning curves, and I don't want to climb any more of them. Whatever a smartphone could to for me, I didn't really need or want it. I never used as much as a megabyte of data (I'm usually in my office with wi-fi).

I stumbled across the Alcatel IDOL 4S for $99.99, and I did a little research on it. It looked way better than my existing phone, had an OS that I was at least somewhat familiar with. People raved about the audio quality through the speakers. (I exercise to music, and had been using a Kindle Fire to play it.)

So I bought the IDOL 4S, and I couldn't be happier. The People app is useful and friendly. The photo and camera capability are the same. The other built-in stuff is fairly familiar due to Windows, and the Microsoft Store has hundreds of apps, very few of which I will ever download. I can play my music, loud and clear, on my cell phone.

For a geezer like me, it doesn't get any better than this!

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Wow, welcome to Windows 10 Mobile and also to Windows Central! I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying your Idol 4S.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros