Pictures / Video taken with your 1020

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Yeah.. you really need to pick up a cheap ND filter and a couple of rubberbands for this. I have yet to do so myself.

The ND on the 808 Pureview really spoiled me in that regard..

Just took the dog for a walk and managed much better results with long exposures and cars. Gonna try some more over the next few nights as there are better spots to go to.

Any idea on what filters to get please? I think I can sort the rubberbands out though :)

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
It is impossible to get good results on daylight with that 2.2f aperture. It collects just too much light and photo burns through. Needs to be something over 3.0f or more i guess. It is even harder on my 920 with 2.0f aperture. Needs to be really dark if it is some way doable. On day time impossible.

I'm not sure if the guy who took this photo used a filter or not but it's clearly daytime...mind you, he is a pro!:
20130913_163501_4773.jpg

May have to drop him a pm.

Edit: Two ND8 and one ND4 filters were used in that photo.

Last edited:

liin

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if the guy who took this photo used a filter or not but it's clearly daytime...mind you, he is a pro!:
http://www.nightanddayphoto.ca/misc/forumpics/beyond/Lumia1020/20130913_163501_4773.jpg
All clues point to it being a cloudy evening. You can still overexpose cloudy days by a bit to make it look brighter. There is a lack of not just blown highlights, but just lack of bright highlights in general. Shadows also indicate time is not close noon, that sun is closer to horizon. Plus, just like blurring any action, speed of motion also counts. Maybe that's a rapid.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the sun could be behind a mountain. So the sky looks bright in the background but the sunlight you get in the foreground are reflected sunlight from the atmosphere. So, choosing a spot where sun is behind tall terrains or citiscapes, or if you're deep in a valley, would also work.

I am going to vouch for Kissanviikset's comment that there's no way you can get these types of shots with f/2.2 in bright daylight.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99