03-29-2017 04:51 AM
610 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    Opticon, Thanks for the hint, i'll do a monitoring, but WiFi works fast and there's no channel overlapping seen. I can watch online video on other sites with my lumia. Issue is just with fb and ytube apps. I was wondering if there's some specific issues with those app's on WP8. I'll test another wifi router with my ISP.
    11-07-2013 09:50 AM
    did someone has a problem with sim card reader in lumia 1020, because i broke my slot when I changed sim card?
    11-08-2013 01:21 PM
    Just updating with my latest trials and tribulations with my 1020. I'm on my third - first one faulty audio jack. Second one, constant lockups then it got stuck in headset mode (likely due to faulty audio jack). The third one constantly reboots by itself. As I learned with all the lockups that occurred with my second phone - kill all background tasks, use back button to back out of apps. This doesn't seem to help like it did with my 2nd phone. The behavior is different also. The second one would lock up on black screen requiring soft reset. This one just reboots. The phone will be sitting on my desk then all of a sudden restart. Happens at least once a day, probably more. Aside from all the times I see it happen, I often listen to playlists and when I get back in my car I try to pick up the playlist where it left off. Well often the music player has no current playlist active because the phone has rebooted itself.

Very frustrating and nobody from Nokia or AT&T seem interested in helping. And for the record - I don't use very many apps other than what the phone comes installed with.
    11-11-2013 12:49 PM
    Lumia 1020 is beautiful but flawed. Just returning the second of two Lumia 1020's. Both have a "gray screen of death" that appears spontaneously and requires a soft-reset (vol-down and power button) to recover from. Can't deal with spontaneous failures. Nokia support was worthless. You would think they would bend over backwards to make sure reliability is never a problem. Too bad, we need another viable competitor. I hope they get their act in gear. In the meantime its back to the iPhone.
    11-11-2013 01:53 PM
    I am beginning to wonder if some of the "defects", especially those that are software related, might be coming from carrier channels, as opposed to unlocked/international variants...
    11-13-2013 06:56 AM
    Hi,

I recently purchased Nokia's new flagship 1020 phone and have discovered what appears to be a problem with their OLED screens (used on the 1020 and 928) - just wondered if anyone else has?

It appears that the red pixels are not refreshing as quickly as their blue and green counterparts, resulting in ghosting when scrolling areas of certain colours (ie purple blocks/tiles, bold purple text such as 'used' links in Google) on a white background. Thick black text can also be affected.

The quickest way to test if your screen is the same is to change the theme to light/indigo and scroll around the home screen. The effect varies depending on the tiles in use but can easily be seen as colour smudges over the white phone icon. As it's red, it also happens on the Office icon. I find it actually more annoying when scrolling Google search pages after having used a couple of links.

I have explained the situation to Nokia care who have been very helpful and have both swapped out my screen - claiming to have seen the issue when they received my handset - and then swapped my handset completely when the new screen had the same problem. This still hasn't cured it and I have seen the issue on every 1020 I've used in stores (7) and also on a 928.

I am assuming the problem has been missed by many as most likely use the default dark theme (looks best) and reviewers have likely concentrated on new features like the camera having seen Windows Phone 8 before.

I am hoping this is some kind of driver issue as it would clearly go against the claims of Puremotion HD+ in this video
    11-14-2013 07:28 AM
    Hi there,

I noticed the same problem with ghosting when I set my tiles to 'Crimson' This is with a black background too.

James.
    11-14-2013 12:48 PM
    Has anyone noticed issues when recording a video it tends to almost overcompensate with the OIS. By that I mean the centre focus is fine but parts by the side seem to be almost having a mirage effect or a 'throbbing' motion of forwards and back. If no ones knows what I'm talking about I'll upload a video sample to show you what I mean!

Cheers,

JK
    11-14-2013 09:22 PM
    Yep, does it on crimson on mine. Definitely a problem with red pixels. How can this have gone unnoticed? If it didn't and they spotted it, that's even worse. I really hope this is a screen driver thing that can be fixed.
    11-15-2013 01:24 PM
    I have the same ghosting dragging issue. Kinda got used to it, so it doesn't annoy me as much anymore.

Plus my three system keys do not always light up, they seem to live their own random life.
    11-15-2013 05:57 PM
    ...Plus my three system keys do not always light up, they seem to live their own random life.
    Yep, have the same problem.
    11-16-2013 02:20 AM
    When you've just spent 549 on a phone, it's difficult to get used to it. I notice they've gone back to IPS for the new products.
    11-16-2013 03:35 AM
    Geo location is not saved to hires images unless you go to photos, open in Nokia camera, reframe (don't need to actually adjust), and then save. You can also turn on review after taking and do the reframe trick.
    11-17-2013 09:01 PM
    My Lumia 1020 also suffered from constant restarts. So I started blocking background tasks, one app at a time, but the restarts continued nevertheless. This morning however, I decided to delete an app I installed last week called MyTileMaker. Since doing so, I haven't experienced one restart or any strange behaviour from my 1020, so I'm cautiously confident that I've solved the problem. Hold thumbs!
    11-18-2013 10:54 AM
    Synced vids have random frozen screen. Audio plays but you must either ffw then rew or home & fast resume.
    11-18-2013 11:59 PM
    Just today i got a problem with the shutter key. It responds to opening nokia pro cam but the two stage shutter does not function. Once you pressed it to take a shot it constantly taking shots. But if i use the touchscreen to take a picture it works fine. Does anybody experience the same problem? Is it a hardware problem? I tried doing a soft reset and it's still the same.
    11-20-2013 07:05 AM
    HI, My 1020 wont allow me to turn on "Internet Sharing", also, i know of 3 numbers that it wont receive sms/text messages from. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix, its doing my head in!
    11-20-2013 04:35 PM
    Maybe you accidentally block their number.

Hi, how can i zoom while making a video?
    11-20-2013 05:00 PM
    HI, My 1020 wont allow me to turn on "Internet Sharing", also, i know of 3 numbers that it wont receive sms/text messages from. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix, its doing my head in!
    maybe just needs a reboot for the internet sharing.

Are the 3 people you're not getting texts from using iPhones? I ask because maybe they're trying to send you texts as "iMessages". (this was a problem for me as well since my old phone was an iPhone, and now use a windows 8 phone with the same phone number)
    11-20-2013 05:36 PM
    Maybe you accidentally block their number.

Hi, how can i zoom while making a video?
    drag your finger up on the screen to zoom. Same as when zooming in for a picture.
    11-20-2013 05:37 PM
    did someone has a problem with sim card reader in lumia 1020, because i broke my slot when I changed sim card?
    Yup
    11-21-2013 05:46 AM
    I've had the phone for just under 90 days and thought it was just me until recently...
    A few issues. Any advice would be appreciated.
    1. Can't scan barcodes with apps (specifically myfitnesspal). It works with the Bing QR scanner, but myfitnesspal will not recognize bar code from the distance needed for focus. Have reset camera to no avail.
    2. My camera gets HOT! I don't even need to use the camera. It gets hot just from using the phone.
    3. The camera also vibrates when focusing and seems noisy.
    are these normal things with the 1020, or should I be looking into using the warranty?
    Tia!
    Last edited by NatashaJ83; 11-23-2013 at 08:05 AM.
    11-23-2013 07:37 AM
    a) I can see no obvious way to create a new post here. I only see options to reply, reply with a quote, thank or like. Please consider something like a "Create new post" button, like one sees on countless other forums. It's surprising there is not one here.
    b) I just got a camera grip for my Nokia Lumia 1020. When it is attached, the camera will not turn off. I try by following the normal process, i.e. I press the center button; slide down to power off when prompted; I then see the "goodbye" message; after which the screen goes dark for a moment, and then the phone switches itself back on. Is this normal? If not, what could be the problem? The phone? The grip? Help much appreciated.
    11-23-2013 12:22 PM
    i think the new update is the problem. My shutter keeps on taking shots once i used it. But if i use the touchscreen interface it works well. To ensure its not a hardware problem i use Nokia care suite to use it test software all okay so i think its a software problem. My problem i have now is that my 1020 is an engineering sample. =( I can;t flash any retail roms. Does anybody knows what is PWBASSY Light swap engine rom?
    11-23-2013 11:59 PM
    is it only me or camera unit seems bit noisy, I mean if you shake the phone, there is audible click coming from camera unit, just try to hit the phone on your hand, there is audible clicky noise, is this thing normal.
    11-24-2013 10:30 PM
610 ... 910111213 ...