Nokia Lumia 1020 Bugs and Defects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodrigo Carvalho1

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I had a weird problem just some hours ago, the screen was working normally and I could even scroll through the screen and open an app but the physical buttons were not responding at all, so I would get stuck at apps and I would not be able to leave them. I could only fix it by doing a hard reset. It seemed like an OS thing, so weird.

ilhuns

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Mura effect on screen in dark area and black background only. i changed my device with new in service center but problem have got 2 device ? Anyone live this problem?

Sent from my RM-875_eu_turkey_966 using Tapatalk

saikiran12321

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys ,

I have found two issues with my Lumia 1020.
1.I cannot disable the vibration on the windows , back and search touch keys

2.I am unable to disable vibration on whatsapp when am using the app

Above issues are causing the battery drain to certain extent.
I have gone through the threads and found out that these problems already exist , the only thing i want to know is whether anyone is working on these issues ?If yes, what is the status ?If no,what should we do?

SlideWRX

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I haven't had any severe bugs, just some small ones.
Software:
-Only one random reboot since I got it about a month ago. I have rebooted it since then, maybe once a week, but otherwise stable. I'm not using many active tiles beside the base mail/text/phone/calender/photos; just a battery percentage tile. I don't check for reboots overnight.

-The MS Music player has bad sound quality, but that appears to be bad programming. I had been using mostly the nokia music app, and decided to try out the MS app. There is some effect that was causing the bass to fade in & out during specific parts of the song (repeatable). In the nokia player, The sound level is correct. (compared to other music devices in the house).

-Once I got some favorite photos for the photo tile, I deleted all the stock photos, like the 'number' pictures. They still exist in the phone, however. I noticed they are still part of the stream of photos on the photo tile. WTF?!? I've been trying out the apps that try to force the clearing of the 'Other' storage area, as my suspicion is that is where the photos are still. those apps haven't worked yet.

Hardware:
I didn't notice this at the store (>_<) but I had severe scratches on the gorilla glass. two spots specifically; over the nokia logo up top and the window icon at the bottom. Deep scratches. The good news is that as soon as I got a screen protector on it I can't see the scratches at all. ^_^ After seeing some articles about how nokia quality control isn't the best, I decided to keep my phone rather than risk getting some other defect.

Overall, I am very satisfied with the phone, coming from an iPhone 4.

Alex Boasman

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Mine has been more physical currently, the casing near the volume + power button creaking when slight pressure is placed, the entire left side creaks, and the top has shifted from the glass (There is the yellow gap of the casing behind the speaker grill that is showing out and when headphones are plugged it moves far more then when originally used, worst of all the power/ volume buttons seem to have been effected because of the creaking.

Seems to me that the screen has risen a bit more (The bottom is a lot more raised then the top).

Speaker sounds like it pops a lot too so hoping that it doesn't blow on me.

The vibrate on this particular 1020 seems weak to my previous 1020, 925 and 920.

Seems like I might just have to send it off as my Lumia 920 did this until I could feel the entire phone moving around internally, I know the 1020 is built differently for that purpose but the creaking shouldn't appear on a 2 week old phone IMO

Will wait for my defender case to arrive and see if that helps otherwise more messing about with warranty.

Software wise only real thing is the awaken from glance where the phone goes into a laggy 16 colour mode, suspecting that's due to the phone going to extreme power saving, seems like even the 920 has that issue though.

starting to dislike sending my handsets off for constant defects though.

Ike Dike

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
external microphone on my Lumia 1020 does not work when the phone is vertical. Right now it only works when I am making a video and have the camera vertical (when horizontal mic does not work). If an application that does not rotate horizontal, the mic will not work (all apps) . note: I already factory reset my phone

T1Cybernetic

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
So far so good, Luckily the soft reset on my Lumia 1020 has solved any problems I have come across ;)

It was only really WIFI and Location problems more than anything also seemed to solve (We can't send apps to your phone at the moment. Please try again later.)

edwaine

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi, my White Lumia 1020 has a random freezing/restarting issues in which I found a temporarily fix by plugging in a micro USB to the phone and charger even the phone is fully charged. Also this phone has some problems with the "open in Nokia Camera" (which was never tagged in the gallery). Will this reflashing can fix those problem? Because when I ask my Vendor about this issue, they told me that if the problem still occurs after they hard reset it, they will flash it with the other one (not a official nokia vendor though they import products and sell them at a much cheaper price than the official suggested retail price here at the philippines).

edwaine

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
a) I can see no obvious way to create a new post here. I only see options to reply, reply with a quote, thank or like. Please consider something like a "Create new post" button, like one sees on countless other forums. It's surprising there is not one here.
b) I just got a camera grip for my Nokia Lumia 1020. When it is attached, the camera will not turn off. I try by following the normal process, i.e. I press the center button; slide down to power off when prompted; I then see the "goodbye" message; after which the screen goes dark for a moment, and then the phone switches itself back on. Is this normal? If not, what could be the problem? The phone? The grip? Help much appreciated.

b) Its normal because the camera grip will act as a charger (it has a battery inside). Try to charge your phone without the camera grip and shut it down, the same thing will happen.

isicles

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I seem to have a very unusual issue.

When I make an outgoing call and during a call if I receive and incoming call (Call Waiting) Caller id always shows "unknown".

This is not the case when I receive an incoming call and during the call I receive another incoming call (call waiting) the caller id works just fine.

Does anyone else face this issue?

Can Someone try this and let me know if you have similar issues or is it just me?

Already tried Hard and Soft Resets.

Thanks

Azimuths

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Problem Focus unit not operation after open camera app. 5-10 mins.

Hi, I received Lumia 1020 a few days ago. Mainly for capture video on any events.
I found that while I capture video for about 5-10 mins, I heard "glug glug" sounds like
AF unit moving (like you switch between Camera mode and Video mode)
and then everything is blur. Video still recording (with blur), and focus unit not functioning.

I close camera app. and wait a few minutes. Then open camera app. again, everything seems to be OK,
but a few minutes ago, same thing happen again. I found that not only video mode, if I open camera app.
(any camera app.) at first everything is OK, auto focus functioning, in manual mode also. but after
5-10 mins ago, sound "glug glug" and everything is blur. focus unit not fucntion (both auto and manual)

I also update nokia app to latest ver 4.4.0.8 but it can't help.
I think, it like an focus unit overheat and reset itself, after close app and wait it cool down, it can use as normal
but in a short time. Is this normal for Lumia 1020's camera?

Anyone have same issues. Is this H/W or S/W problem?
What should I do?

Also hard reset, but same problem found.

see video : at 1:28 min

Nokia Lumia1020 focus not operate. - YouTube

Last edited:

vonskie

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Crash in camera on reframing and losing the picture.

I have the same problem even with the black update.

I have both an IPHONE and a 1020 because of this one bug I have not fully converted over to the 1020 yet.

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello!
I have downloaded zip file and I don't know where it is stored in the phone.
Can someone help me out???
Thanks.

As far as I know, zip-files aren't supported on Windows Phones. Also you can't find them due to MS restricting the access to deeper levels of the OS (same goes for downloaded videos via various YouTube apps).

sakendrick

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I had previously reported several problems with rebooting/lockups. now on my third 1020 due to audio jack issues it reboots more frequently than any of the others.I just got a windows phone update yesterday and was optimistic it would make life better. Unfortuantely it seems just the opposite. More reboots than ever. I don't have any background tasks running and always back out of apps.

Has anyone experienced the same since the update? Any recommendations?

gibaslam

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Mini rant warning

My 3 branded 1020 is having camera issues which have been present since day one. I switched from my launch day 4S to the 1020 as I wanted a phone with a decent camera but I'm starting to get rather ticked off with it.

White balance is all over the shop. Auto vs manual shows the silly level of difference. I expected to pick the right setting in Auto but it always seems to produce yellow shots. This is an example.

Auto-
ZondaAutoSettings_zps47fb88fa.jpg

Manual adjusted WB only -
ZondaManualWB_zps79f2dc2a.jpg

A lot of night photos seem to come out blurry regardless of what settings I tweak.

3 have been ridiculously slow in releasing any updates. According to the Nokia website the black update is now available for all networks in the UK but my phone claims there are no new updates. The official twitter and facebook apps are terrible, the twitter one takes lightyears to load a picture on a tweet despite my seemingly decent H+ connection. Facebook app has improved somewhat recently but is still slow at times and unresponsive. Spotify is dire and crashes a lot.

I have had a fair few dropped calls for some reason, something I didn't have with my 4S on the same network. Occasionaly when I go to unlock my phone the screen shows up with inverted colours. There seems to be an issue with the microphone on certain videos I have recorded and finally there are two chips on the corner of the gorilla glass, this is despite me not having dropped on a hard surface. It has taken a few light drops onto a carpeted floor but thats about it. the 4S in comparison took several drops onto concrete without any issues.

I've been a long time Nokia fan, owned everything from the 8110, 5210, 3210, 3310 etc all the way to a 8800 and a N97. Switched from my buggy N97 to a iPhone 4 and then the 4S before coming back to Nokia with the 1020. I had high expectations from it and annoyingly it has let me down.

carissa dobrowolski

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the typical "not receiving all my texts" problem. Previously had an iphone but have deleted all my apple accounts and deactivated all my imessages yet still am not receiving many messages. Ive tried turning off and on and even a cold start and restored factory settings, still nothing. Occassionally i will receive messages, but im being sent screen shots to prove 80% aren't coming through to me. Also sometimes my phone will send the same text up to 5 times in a row. Help!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb