03-29-2017 04:51 AM
610 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    I have the same problem and it was temporary. It appeared after update... my camera app turned me back to start screen anytime I've tried to open it and in some 2 weeks may be the phone fixed by itself, I did not had time to bring it to service for third time and I think it was something software. But even if it fixitself the low ear speaker remains low which keeps the phone rank "brick".
    08-12-2014 03:34 AM
    8.1 has fried my camera apps - they just go into limbo trying to save, or blank out completely. I used the recovery tool to rebuild the OS and Nokia Camera worked for all of two shots, then reverted back to not working. I'm not going to use them until there's an update/bug-fix to 8.1.....
    08-13-2014 06:45 AM
    I have two big problems in my Lumia 1020 with DP 8.1:

1. USB connection. It keeps looping connecting and disconnecting the phone in the computer. The charger works well. (tested with a lot of cables and computers). I can't downgrade my phone because of it (last time I tried, my phone bricked)

2. Camera. The camera is unusable, it crashes / freezes when it tries to focus or turn on the Flash. It was not this way in 8.0, I hope Cyan will fix it.
    Tive um problema idntico, tenta ligar noutra porta usb, ou noutro computador. No meu caso resolveu.
    tenho 8.1 cyan vodafone PT portugal.
    08-14-2014 06:02 AM
    I too have a now broken camera on my 1020 two months after purchasing online. Since I live in Canada and bought it from the U.S, warranty isn't covered. I did a live chat the other day to Nokia and they said they had never heard of this problem. Smells fishy.

Hopefully enough noise will be made so MS and Nokia actually address this issue.
    08-14-2014 12:01 PM
    Tive um problema idntico, tenta ligar noutra porta usb, ou noutro computador. No meu caso resolveu.
    tenho 8.1 cyan vodafone PT portugal.
    Post in English please.
    08-15-2014 03:58 PM
    I have been a longtime fan and supporter of Windows Phone and Nokia. I have urged others to try the OS and Nokia devices a and been mocked for my trying an enthusiasm. Today I am starting to understand why others laugh at the struggling platform and it's Nokia "smartphones".
    I spent some time on Android devices and really didn't care for it much, mainly the lag that sets in a few months after its new... But Windows Phone is becoming the same way.
    Last December I came back, with a phone I swore I would love (and did) the Lumia 1020. It wasn't long,a couple of weeks, before I noticed the update I had got shortly after had screwed up the phones main selling point: the camera.
    After some research I realized I wasn't the only one, and it took alot of arguing, countless resets (Prompted by Nokia,Microsoft and Att) before I got another phone reissued to me. All, originally offered refurbished devices, but I adamantly declined due to the device being less then a month old. Needless to say, the one they replaced it with was just the same.. Virtually broken out of the box.
    So, I had to do the same spiels all over again and eventually got another new device. This one perfect, but that sweet victory didn't last long. Soon the camera began to squeal and whine while shooting video and pics.... But then it quit whining like a pup who was about to get spanked for going in the house... It came and it went and I decided to live with it because thinking of going through what I had been through twice before, made my head hurt stomach nauseous. I mean its fine almost 90% of the time... I chalked it up to poor hardware and hoped the successor would be better.
    Alas, the Cyan update!!! (Sarcasm) .. We all anxiously awaited this monster update that had been touted for months on end at every turn. I finally read the good news via WpCentral app yesterday but was apprehensive because of the other horror stories I'd read in forums.... I had heard ATT was slow to release the update due to bugs.. Guess what??? Yup, I got my update and now the camera is getting worse,and the bonus of a completely broken store. Its asking me to purchases apps I have already purchased... And when I go into the store under "my apps", the list is completely empty. So I logged in via a PC and it shows I have 2 phones, but most of my purchased apps are there... With an exception of some that that I am being shed to purchase again...weird!
    I'm not new, I know what's going to asked of me before I contact support... And yes I have all my email purchase receipts...I rebooted, no help, I restarted... Nothing... I reverted back to factory using the Nokia Software Recovery tool.. And then updated, now I'm pissed and armed. ..
    So I reach out to support via chat.... And they said they have others experiencing the same issues and they have no answers or fixes... They prompt me to reboot and if that doesn't work to revert back to 8.0 and then update.... Once I said these were not options because I have already tried them all... That chat turned nasty.... For lack if a better word or description the guy became a **** and refused to let me speak to or give me the info of someone I could call or call me ... Then he just disconnected me...
    Long story , but the motto is DO NOT BUY WINDOWS/NOKIA... There is a reason they are losing the smartphone race... Poor build and horrible customer service... Once the check has cleared , so does their conscience!
    gowcoizer likes this.
    08-15-2014 08:50 PM
    When using facebook mobile site, any photos posted are too big to view on screen. When I click on them they remain oversized, when the screen rotates they do the same thing and I can't scroll across, only way to see the photo is to download the photo. Is there a setting I can change to fix this?
    08-15-2014 11:18 PM
    I like the moto mickydale. I really really really really really really tried to give them chance too but they refuse to do the right thing. I even didn't get my defective device replaced with new. But I'm afraid It would be the same. DO NOT BUY NOKIA or Windows PHONE GUYS. You'll end up eventually with problems you can't solve or worst. You'll be ignored
    mickydale likes this.
    08-16-2014 06:31 PM
    I have noticed a problem with Lumia 1020 Camera while capturing video.

At night and indoor light, I started to take video (for 70min) and I faced 3 problems:

1- My battery was arround 87% and in 70min it went to 5.

Is that normal? I think 70min is short time for draining 87% charge.

2- The phone was much hot that you could fry eggs.

This is very bad. at the same time I was capturing with a Galaxy Note 3 too, but that didn't feel warm.

3- The worst thing. The video is very very noisy. compaired to Note 3's quality in 13MP, the 41MP of 1020 is 0 in the video i captured.

Some screenshot from the videos of both phones are attached from the same location. I wanted to post the videos but I can't.

I don't know is that a hardware problem or software, but it is really bad. It doesn't look like 41MP phone has captured the video.

Let me know something about those problem
    08-20-2014 06:18 AM
    Just got the new update for the OS yesterday, and now almost nothing works! You click on a tile or an app, and it acts like it's going to open, but then it opens right back to where you were. Internet explorer and phone calls still work, but NOTHING else., pandora, breaking news, nbc news, weather radar, none of these work! Help!!!
    gasema812 likes this.
    08-21-2014 02:29 PM
    Just got the new update for the OS yesterday, and now almost nothing works! You click on a tile or an app, and it acts like it's going to open, but then it opens right back to where you were. Internet explorer and phone calls still work, but NOTHING else., pandora, breaking news, nbc news, weather radar, none of these work! Help!!!
    Yep me too!! This is a mess. Constantly showing can't connect to network for apps too. What gives???
    Heather Gelabert likes this.
    08-21-2014 02:33 PM
    Any word on this? each day that passes, the fewer apps that work, my phone is like a brick right now!!
    08-22-2014 02:39 PM
    Any word on this? each day that passes, the fewer apps that work, my phone is like a brick right now!!
    Sux but if you soft reset it will work well for a while. Crummy solution
    08-23-2014 06:57 AM
    Did that... Not so much... But thanks for trying!
    08-23-2014 10:55 PM
    UPDATE

The full cyan update with cortana came through today and it fixed everything and more! Yay!
    08-24-2014 05:19 PM
    My mom just got the 8.1 update pushed to her 1020 and her microphone doesn't seem to be working. Voice to text, speakerphone, etc. are all not responding. I looked around and saw some mentions of this from the developer preview with no obvious fixes, but this was the official release. Anyone else having this issue?
    08-27-2014 08:21 AM
    Multiple soft resets fixed that issue and my voicemail not playing..
    08-29-2014 11:45 AM
    Since 8.1 been having a few issues with my 1020. Woke up this morning and it had frozen again, this has now happened 3 times in the last few weeks. I've just done a soft reset but now the battery is dead. DIdn't know the command for it before and had to wait until the battery died to get to use it again.

Phone has been really slow since 8.1, lots of 'Resuming...' Not happy at all. Only 9 months into a 2 year contract, not sure what to do. Can't deal with it for the remainder of the contract that's for sure. Hoping the full version of 8.1 and Lumia Cyan cure it. I love WP, but not sure I'd go for another high end model on an expensive contract to have it be constantly slow. Previously had a 720 and it only slowed when the memory was almost full, by which time I had 7.8 on it.

So do people think this is and 8.1 dev preview issue, the 1020 is just slow or a bit of both?
    So, further to my issues with my 1020. It had only gotten slower and slower to the point of standstill, continually bringing up the 'Loading...' message when trying to open apps, or do almost anything. It was failing to even open text messages and you had to hit the icon and wait for it to fail about times before it would eventually open.

I had only about 2GB free on the phone, it's the standard 32GB model. I sat and deleted all my photos, backing up the ones I wanted to keep to my computer. Deleted a few apps and the like. Ended up with 5 or 6GB free. Phone was working fine, still a touch slow to do some things, but a lot better than the total failure to load things that I was experiencing last week.

So for the last 3 or 4 days my phone hasn't been showing me that I had emails, only when I went into the email app did they show. Live tiles not working. Then last night I went to send a text, opened messages and there I had messages from a few people that the phone didn't even notify me about. I was getting What's App's fine but text's just not making the phone ring. Then today, phone has been working alright. Go to lift it this evening and it's turned off. I think, what's going on here? I had taken a call about an hour previous and it was fine. I plugged it into my computer to see if the battery was flat as the mains charger was in a different room and it said something about installing my device. Phone didn't respond, so I went and plugged it into the wall charger, left it for over an hour and come back, still nothing.

Went to the Nokia site looking for troubleshooting methods, tried the volume down and power button, nothing. Then downloaded the Nokia Software Recovery Tool, still nothing. So I hit the 'My phone does not start up or respond' button, follow the directions and it says 'Phone is not supported' Sorry, what?

So in all I am really fed up, the screen has been cracked on the phone for a while so I'm glad I didn't bother to get it repaired. The problems began long before that and have continued. Even with the software updates.

Really sick of the phone now.
    08-29-2014 06:27 PM
    Good morning, my lumia In 1020 the sound in conversation is very low I can barely hear. I have the 8.1 preview does anyone have the same problem.
    Same happens to me,I m waiting for a new update and hope it resolves the problem...
    08-31-2014 08:12 AM
    Hi Guys here are some of my findings with Lumia 1020 cyan+update1 dp hope it will be helpful, to improved ms os.

WP8.1 Update 1 Findings
    App Corner
    Don't bother to organized your tile at the app corner because you are just wasting your time and effort, after all, the sweat you have done to make your app corner look pleasant to your borrower is useless, the next time you launch it to impress your friends,it will return into its messy and clutter arrangement.$ frustrated man 👨"

Wi-Fi
    Wi-Fi means so much in every smartphones, how come it is connected to the Wi-Fi but says no internet connection(sucks), while upon checking with my other devices they are sound and well connected. You have to manually off and on your Wi-Fi to connect again and again and again....😠 in addition to that, Wi-Fi connection turned weaker than the previous os version.

What the he'll once you wake up and scroll your start screen after a long sleep(meaning phone is lock for a couple of hour) it lag like a he'll. what happened with its smooth and water like touch screen sensitivity. Seriously! bring back the joy of soft/smooth touch and scrolling.(happened for second time)

Bluetooth
    Once you've start sharing files over Bluetooth you should expect the following:
    *Unable to connect with the internet
    *Can't used your app properly
    * app that requires internet connection will turn useless until sharing is complete or until you soft reset your phone.

Found a bug on my start screen jeez... Bug bug bug hate it.. Pining lots of tiles on your start screen will give you so much of bug.

Wifi connectivity not so stable.
    While i was surfing over my Lumia IE11, i received a notification, so i immediately swipe down my lovely notification center, then i noticed that the Wifi icon says no internet connection while i keep receiving new notifications from fb, tweeter and other app. Will i say my Wifi indicator is a liar.?
    09-03-2014 07:53 AM
    I've had a lot of problems with WiFi and Bluetooth (I use BT headsets and Nokia 360 speaker) on Black, constantly requiring soft reset. But with Cyan there are no more connectivity problems for me. Happy about that!
    09-03-2014 08:02 AM
    After my phone got updated to Cyan there's a couple of noticeable issues.

1. Sometimes the camera lags and won't capture the image from camera mode and video mode. I need to restart the phone.
    2. I can't open extras+info from the 'System' menu.
    09-05-2014 11:20 AM
    Have a brand new 1020 that shuts down once in a while and won't turn on unless I do a soft reset. Last night I charged it to 100% and then went to bed. Woke up and it wouldn't turn on, did a soft reset and the battery was at 50% + the date and time was wrong. Anyone else have a problem like that + any solutions would be helpful. Thanks!!!!
    09-06-2014 12:53 AM
    If it's brand new, then return it to the point of purchase. If it can't be returned then send it to Nokia for repair. I had similar problems. Sounds like it is defective. Don't waste your time trying to diagnose it yourself. It's probably a hardware defect and nothing you can do.
    kam77 likes this.
    09-06-2014 06:37 AM
    Why doesn't battery saver on 1020 dims the screen brightness and puts the capacative buttons light off? (8.1 with cyan) any solution
    09-08-2014 09:09 AM
610 ... 1617181920 ...