03-29-2017 04:51 AM
610 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    Why doesn't battery saver on 1020 dims the screen brightness and puts the capacative buttons light off? (8.1 with cyan) any solution
    I have the same problem and from a bit of searching it seems we are not alone and it affects other devices too.
    No solution yet..
    Really annoying while trying to read at night, wish MS would just add an option to turn off the lights altogether..
    09-08-2014 06:33 PM
    These small things do make me wonder if the os is good enough to make others shift from ios and android
    09-08-2014 07:54 PM
    Thanks to the Post I think I've mostly solved my issues. I was getting the 3 or 4 times a day reboots when the phone was just sitting there and I was not interacting with it, now I think its only happened once since yesterday. Then a soft reset and all seems fine. I think my battery life even went up a bit longer.

For me, all that is allowed to run in Background is:
    Awesome Lock, Cortana, Vieather (weather app with transparent tiles), Endomondo Sports Tracker, Music, and Timer

I did have Skype in that list, thinking maybe someone might try to IM me thru there, but I think that might have been what was rebooting my phone for no reason. I checked Battery Saver, and even thou it did not register much usage, it had some, and I never use it, so something was running so not any more Skype.

I do still get the occasional not connecting to bluetooth or wifi, but that does not seem to have a pattern.

The biggest headache I use to have with WP8 was bluetooth syncing with car or headphones. So I would turn it off when not using it and back on when I needed to connect. If I was using headphones for instance, and I got in car, car would not take over. So I would have to shutoff headphones, connect with car, and about 90% of the time I would have to shutdown podcast app, and go over to xbox music and play 1 second of a song, and this seemed to force audio down the bluetooth pipe. Then I would stop and close down xbox music and reopen podcast and it would now start playing like normal. When I switched to 8.1 most of this went away, in fact BT is so much more reliable, that I leave it on all the time. Only issue I have when going from headphones to car is I have to pause audio, disconnect headphones and hit play in car a couple times and it will force pair and start playing audio again, but now in car instead of built in speaker or Headphones.

Once last thing I have noticed, and I submitted it to MS via the Rate Us in Settings on phone. (don't know if that goes to the proper group within MS, but it made since to me). And that is the default Calendar does not shutdown when you hit back button while in app till it closes. I would open up processes and its still there. The only way to close it, is to open running processes and kill it that way.
    09-10-2014 03:29 PM
    I had my first big "BSOD" bug on the lumia 1020. Not a BSOD...but almost like it. I received a call.. talked and was about to hang up...and when I removed the phone from the side of my face, the screen came on as white with black dots. Almost the same look as a TV screen that is not receiving any signal.

I had to press the power and vol down button to reboot it and then it was fine. Very random. Don't know why. Anyone had this happen before?
    09-16-2014 11:14 PM
    I had that happen once to me. I was surfing the internet then all of a sudden a static image of tv snow.
    09-17-2014 11:32 AM
    So after my 1020 bricked I sent it to Nokia for repair, they refused to repair it as there is damage to the screen. Which is completely unrelated. Been using my Lumia 710 in the meantime, 7.8 just doesn't cut it. Just got my 1020 back about 20 minutes ago, tried turning it on, of course it didn't work. So I tried the reset options, volume down and power, volume down, power and camera. No luck. Didn't expect there to be since I tried all these before I sent it away. However, I have plugged it in to charge and the Windows key flashes, so it seems there is some signs of life, just don't know how I am supposed to get it working again. Still have a year to run on my contract and really don't want to be paying for an expensive contract to use a 710.
    09-17-2014 11:50 AM
    I had that happen once to me. I was surfing the internet then all of a sudden a static image of tv snow.
    Yeah. It has been a week since then, haven't had it occur again. I have only 2 months left on warranty, so if I get it again, I am going to send it in for repair.
    09-17-2014 02:49 PM
    Mine never did it again either but it would shutdown randomly and not turn on. Nokia repaired it a few times and then gave me a new one. No issues so far after a month.
    09-17-2014 06:59 PM
    Hello friends.
    2 week old Elvis, here are my problems.
    1. And most crucial. Battery issues. Have 4-5% discharge per hour.
    12am -8am = 100% - 60%.
    Yes. Even on On Airplane mode with Battery Saver.

2. Lock screen has changed back to it's default thrice.

3. Settings under 'Apps to run in background' resets, has happened almost on a daily basis.

Are all Windows phone this buggy?
    My first Windows phone.
    Sadly. Heartbroken. It isn't cheap.
    09-18-2014 03:57 AM
    If I'm on battery saver and airplane mode and not using the phone it drains maybe 1% per hour. Your results are not typical. Something is wrong with the phone. Unless you are playing games on it or something, the phone should not drain like that when on battery saver and airplane. Try rebooting and closing apps.
    09-18-2014 07:44 AM
    Anyone else experience these dark bars (not just lines) across photos? I've been experiencing this at random (out of the 2000+ photos I've taken, only 5 had this bug). I was trying to document a late 19th century (~1880s) barometer by taking some photos of it - this was the first test shot. Beside the barometer is a 1910 Elgin Open-Face Pocket Watch.
    wp_20140914_22_19_35_pro.jpg
    09-19-2014 01:24 PM
    If I'm on battery saver and airplane mode and not using the phone it drains maybe 1% per hour. Your results are not typical. Something is wrong with the phone. Unless you are playing games on it or something, the phone should not drain like that when on battery saver and airplane. Try rebooting and closing apps.
    So I did a hard reset, been 2 days.
    Airplane mode off, battery saver to only activate when 30 percent and almost everything running on background.
    Have only preinstalled apps.

That being sad, now discharge near 3% per hour.
    And yes there has been a pretty big improvement, before reset, it showed 19 hours remaining in Battery Saver.
    Now it's 1 day 18 hours, though for some reason after a day, it dropped to 1 day 7 hours.

Have I hit the normal mode? or?

09-20-2014 12:52 PM
    Mine does not charges to full 100%. Maximum charge it gets is 95%, and I need to have soft reset or switch off the phone to get it charged.
    Another problem I have is that the battery saver does not dim the screen brightness nor it lights off capacative buttons. (Lumia 1020)
    09-20-2014 10:02 PM
    Mine does not charges to full 100%. Maximum charge it gets is 95%, and I need to have soft reset or switch off the phone to get it charged.
    Another problem I have is that the battery saver does not dim the screen brightness nor it lights off capacative buttons. (Lumia 1020)
    Dear good sir, I'd recommend a hard reset.
    jagdeep chohan likes this.
    09-21-2014 12:04 AM
    Every now and then, after opening the camera and pressing the camera button, the 1020's camera gets stuck (mechanical shutter doesn't close, camera apps don't work) and requires a restart. This is annoying. Any solution? This started to happen after black, now on 8.1 DP
    Did anyone ever find a fix for this?
    09-21-2014 05:33 AM
    The second issue is related to the Cyan update, and people report having it on other devices as well, not just Lumia 1020. It's most likely caused by one of the recent updates to Display or Battery Saver.
    jagdeep chohan likes this.
    09-21-2014 05:44 AM
    Hello,

After updating to Cyan my Lumia 1020 cannot hold on to a WiFi connection for more than a few minutes before switching to Limited and then to no WiFi at all . Sometimes it just reboots by itself after that, some times it doesn't. Any attempt to turn it on gives me the dreaded messages "Can't do this right now... blah blah blah". To power it off I usually have to do a soft reset or it will just boot by itself.
    I have tried all kinds of resets, but the end result is the same...

Anybody else experiencing the same problem?
    09-22-2014 04:51 AM
    My Nokia Lumia 1020 is nearly 1 year old and has been great, but since Cyan update it turns itself off at least once a day, and needs soft reset to restart. Very frustrating. I can't use the nokia software tool as my computer is a MAC and it doesn't work on there. When are Nokia/microsoft going to do something about this?
    09-23-2014 03:35 AM
    My Nokia Lumia 1020 is nearly 1 year old and has been great, but since Cyan update it turns itself off at least once a day, and needs soft reset to restart. Very frustrating. I can't use the nokia software tool as my computer is a MAC and it doesn't work on there. When are Nokia/microsoft going to do something about this?
    I would recommend a Hard Reset? Sorry. Last resort.

And dear friend if you don't mind me asking. I've a 2 week old 1020.
    Could you or anybody else here, share with me what's the estimated time shown in full charge under Battery Saver?

Thank you so much.
    09-23-2014 07:13 AM
    Hey guys, today I dropped my Lumia 1020 from about half a meter within a case. So it's shouldn't be a big deal. But now, when I turn on the screen it become immediately black again. The screen is on for half a second. Glance works fine, too. So the screen isn't broken. But when it's not the screen, what is broken?
    09-23-2014 11:28 AM
    Hi, I have a Lumia 1020 and I have problems with my camera. I download the app Nokia Camera (pro camera) and when I take photos with the external button, the phone starts to take them but never ends, only when a leave the app the camera stops, like a sequence of photos. So I cant take a single one with the external button. Only if I use the screen, I can do it. How can I configure this buttom?
    09-25-2014 10:56 AM
    Please help! I have a background noise with my 1020: a terrible noise while I am recording with the camera. Can anyone help please? Tkyou!
    09-28-2014 05:53 AM
    I am very frustrated with this situation: I have a 1020 and wanted to use my pc to manage text messages, as I send a lot of bulk messages (3.000 at a time) with my business. How to do it with the 1020? tkyou
    09-28-2014 06:12 AM
    Did anyone ever find a fix for this?

I have the same Problem. 😣 The Camera often don't work till a softreset.
    09-28-2014 07:06 AM
    for about a month im having this issue with My L1020s Camera. when I lunch the app by presing the camera buttoms and when I try to take a pic the camera is processing the image and it wont stop and the camera remains open, Drawning the Batery SMH,
    The camera Does not close even if I turn off the phone, launch the camera app again and NADA. so what i do is to lunch 6tag to try to take a picture and then the camera Close the lens. its really bad .
    Does anyody has the same problem??

plus, this xbox Music app Sucks!, When im on Vine/6tag or Youtube and when I try to play some music, The app doesnt load well, so i have to close EVERY app and then play music...

Its the only 2 things i hate on my 1020
    09-28-2014 10:18 PM
610 ... 1718192021 ...