03-29-2017 04:51 AM
610 1234 ...
tools
    I know what Glance is, but what is "Peek"? I don't see that option anywhere, and my 1020 received some system app updates yesterday (including display+touch)
    It's part of Glance... if you go to the Glance section, pick it from the drop down of options (Off, Always on, Timed, Peek). Peek makes it so it will stay on screen for about a minute after display turns off and after that only if you wave your hand over it or some other event happens.
    chsoriano likes this.
    07-28-2013 02:10 PM
    Here's a question for the other anal ocd members in here. Anyone else notice the black on black splotches you can really only see when you are trying? My 900 had it horrible, my 1020 has it but only a few spots. Still annoys me. Best way to see it is download dead pixel checker and then put it on black in a dark room.
    07-28-2013 03:01 PM
    Yeah I noticed that too. It has to be just the right conditions to see it, but it is there.
    07-28-2013 03:24 PM
    My eyes must not be as sensitive, because I don't think I see what you're describing.
    07-28-2013 04:11 PM
    So dmfar I've had mines since noon on Friday and everything seems to be working fine. I do get frustrated when taking a picture using the pro cam since the app lags horribly. Even with the update. So does the oggl app as well. Hardware wise I love the device. Only thing that I want is the ability to control the vibration just like we control the screen touch within the settings. The vibration is really light and I can't even feel it when it rings. It's too soft.

Sent from my RM-877 Tapatalk
    07-28-2013 04:21 PM
    Agree about vibration... I have a feeling I won't be silencing my notifications anymore at work, which surprisingly will only really annoy ME, lol.
    07-28-2013 04:28 PM
    Here's a question for the other anal ocd members in here. Anyone else notice the black on black splotches you can really only see when you are trying? My 900 had it horrible, my 1020 has it but only a few spots. Still annoys me. Best way to see it is download dead pixel checker and then put it on black in a dark room.
    Mine has that too. Really only visible at night when the glance screen is on. Not much if annoyance, but it is there.
    07-28-2013 04:36 PM
    Returned the phone for an exchange and have had no problems, and the leds seem to work normally too
    p7ayfu77 likes this.
    07-28-2013 04:55 PM
    Returned the phone for an exchange and have had no problems, and the leds seem to work normally too
    what was the issue with the phone? I'm close to returning just on merit of all the little issues, lint under glass, pieces of dust under camera glass, misaligned speaker grill and the dark splotches...but one thing I've learned, sometimes you downgrade into bigger issues when you exchange.
    07-28-2013 05:39 PM
    I find rebooting the phone will get the apps to show up in the app store as needing an update
    07-28-2013 06:03 PM
    what was the issue with the phone? I'm close to returning just on merit of all the little issues, lint under glass, pieces of dust under camera glass, misaligned speaker grill and the dark splotches...but one thing I've learned, sometimes you downgrade into bigger issues when you exchange.
    Here's an idea... inspect it before leaving the store. :)
    07-28-2013 07:32 PM
    Crashed 10 minutes ago when using Groupon, the app was loading local deals then froze, even power button stopped responding, waited for about 10 minutes the phone rebooted.
    07-28-2013 07:32 PM
    Picked mine up Friday noon ... just before taking my boys to "Pacific Rim" IMAX 3D.

Some odd behavior ... the phone would should no cell signal even though I had one ... calls and data.

Sunday morning we went grocery shopping in the local Stop and Shop in Fall River, RI. As usual, the signal is very iffy there. However, this time, when the signal came back, it was only for voice: the cell data connection did not come back even though the phone indicated 4 bars of LTE. I can make calls, send text messages, but no data connection, no MMS. Everything works over WiFi.

Spent some time with ATT tech support. I excused myself as soon as they told me the 920 sim was incompatible with the 1020 (I had picked up the phone at the Microsoft Kiosk at Providence Place Mall.

Thinking a exchange is in my future.
    07-29-2013 05:50 AM
    Picked mine up Friday noon ... just before taking my boys to "Pacific Rim" IMAX 3D.

Some odd behavior ... the phone would should no cell signal even though I had one ... calls and data.

Sunday morning we went grocery shopping in the local Stop and Shop in Fall River, RI. As usual, the signal is very iffy there. However, this time, when the signal came back, it was only for voice: the cell data connection did not come back even though the phone indicated 4 bars of LTE. I can make calls, send text messages, but no data connection, no MMS. Everything works over WiFi.

Spent some time with ATT tech support. I excused myself as soon as they told me the 920 sim was incompatible with the 1020 (I had picked up the phone at the Microsoft Kiosk at Providence Place Mall.

Thinking a exchange is in my future.
    Download Access Point -- http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=...3-25c10463942d

Go to Settings, Access Point, and switch to an alternate profile and see if that helps. It could be that AT&T sucks in that area, but I've seen that help. :)
    Kreigz and textomatic like this.
    07-29-2013 06:14 AM
    Yellow 1020. Can't download YouTube upload. Says not available for my device.
    07-29-2013 07:36 PM
    Two oddities I've noticed so far.

1. The tap to wake is incredibly finicky. I have to double tap a few times to get it to work about 60% of the time.
    2. When I reboot, the volume defaults to 13/30. Every time.
    07-29-2013 08:55 PM
    I got my Lumia 1020 yesterday, it's frozen twice today. The first time I was listening to music I had on the phone and the music stopped, the screen stayed locked and I couldn't unlock it; it was just blank. After about 10 minutes it turned on. The second time it wasn't doing anything, I just unlocked the screen, went to my messages and the screen froze on my messages. This time I reset it with a soft reset which worked. In both cases my battery was getting to the point where it would switch to battery saver mode, could this effect it? I've turned off the battery saver option and will see if it happens again in the future.
    07-29-2013 09:45 PM
    A couple of things, probably software related, ie Nokia Procam..

Customer transferred photos from PC that were taken with a different device. In the thumbnail preview on the phone, the clarity was fine, open it and it was distorted unless you zoomed in a little. Also, none of the pictures taken with the phone or else where would rotate. Performed a soft reset, still prevalent.

Will see if a hard reset is needed, but I don't think it will.
    07-29-2013 09:49 PM
    A couple of things, probably software related, ie Nokia Procam..

Customer transferred photos from PC that were taken with a different device. In the thumbnail preview on the phone, the clarity was fine, open it and it was distorted unless you zoomed in a little. Also, none of the pictures taken with the phone or else where would rotate. Performed a soft reset, still prevalent.

Will see if a hard reset is needed, but I don't think it will.
    CAnt rotate where? On PC or phone? I didn't have any issues with rotation.
    07-29-2013 11:36 PM
    Two oddities I've noticed so far.

1. The tap to wake is incredibly finicky. I have to double tap a few times to get it to work about 60% of the time.
    I changed the setting from "High" to "Normal". Seems to work better for me.
    07-29-2013 11:43 PM
    U da man, GoodThings2Life!!!

There were 3 choices: ATT 3G, ATT - LTE 1 - Lumia, and ATT - LTE 2 - Lumia. It was set on the first (ATT 3G) ... I changed it to LTE 1 ...... boffo!!! Works like a champ. Thanks!

Download Access Point -- access point | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Go to Settings, Access Point, and switch to an alternate profile and see if that helps. It could be that AT&T sucks in that area, but I've seen that help. :)
    Bob Isaacs and textomatic like this.
    07-30-2013 05:32 AM
    CAnt rotate where? On PC or phone? I didn't have any issues with rotation.
    On the phone.
    07-30-2013 01:03 PM
    Has anyone else come across an issue while talking on the phone. Where in you hear a rustling or wind....Not sure if it's just mine or if it's something from the Lumia's. My last phone was the Titan II. Just curious if it's just me. If so I may try and take it back see what the MS store can do. Put that warranty to good use.
    Yes, I just noticed the same issue. Have you been able to find a fix?
    07-30-2013 03:22 PM
    Mine too, also people sound like they have lisps...lol. Not sure if it has to do with reception or what. Sometimes the quality is great and I don't notice it.
    07-30-2013 08:21 PM
    Mine too, also people sound like they have lisps...lol. Not sure if it has to do with reception or what. Sometimes the quality is great and I don't notice it.
    Quality can vary greatly based on coverage and service, for both you and the person on the other end of the line. So if you live in an area where the reception varies, the call quality likely will too.
    07-30-2013 08:54 PM
610 1234 ...