Nokia Lumia 1020 Bugs and Defects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I reckon we have a firmware update inbound. Mine do light up when charging now. Wonder if it is glance related. Anyway, now that I know they work, I will likely wait it out.

nighthikr24

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else come across an issue while talking on the phone. Where in you hear a rustling or wind....Not sure if it's just mine or if it's something from the Lumia's. My last phone was the Titan II. Just curious if it's just me. If so I may try and take it back see what the MS store can do. Put that warranty to good use.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm assuming that the LED lights for Back, Windows, and Search are the result of both charging and/or proximity/light/motion sensor detecting brightness in the room. In a dim lit environment, it may flicker as the result of it being brighter or dimmer at any given moment. I'd bet they're on in the dark, and off in bright areas.

And as others have noted on the 925, they definitely light up when charging.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else come across an issue while talking on the phone. Where in you hear a rustling or wind....Not sure if it's just mine or if it's something from the Lumia's. My last phone was the Titan II. Just curious if it's just me. If so I may try and take it back see what the MS store can do. Put that warranty to good use.

No, I've not... in fact, just the opposite... all of my calls have been crystal clear which is a dramatic improvement over the 920.

chsoriano

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I know what Glance is, but what is "Peek"? I don't see that option anywhere, and my 1020 received some system app updates yesterday (including display+touch)

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I know what Glance is, but what is "Peek"? I don't see that option anywhere, and my 1020 received some system app updates yesterday (including display+touch)

It's part of Glance... if you go to the Glance section, pick it from the drop down of options (Off, Always on, Timed, Peek). Peek makes it so it will stay on screen for about a minute after display turns off and after that only if you wave your hand over it or some other event happens.

shadyghost

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Here's a question for the other anal ocd members in here. Anyone else notice the black on black splotches you can really only see when you are trying? My 900 had it horrible, my 1020 has it but only a few spots. Still annoys me. Best way to see it is download dead pixel checker and then put it on black in a dark room.

lerimer

May 24, 2011
Visit site
So dmfar I've had mines since noon on Friday and everything seems to be working fine. I do get frustrated when taking a picture using the pro cam since the app lags horribly. Even with the update. So does the oggl app as well. Hardware wise I love the device. Only thing that I want is the ability to control the vibration just like we control the screen touch within the settings. The vibration is really light and I can't even feel it when it rings. It's too soft.

Sent from my RM-877 Tapatalk

vtective

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Here's a question for the other anal ocd members in here. Anyone else notice the black on black splotches you can really only see when you are trying? My 900 had it horrible, my 1020 has it but only a few spots. Still annoys me. Best way to see it is download dead pixel checker and then put it on black in a dark room.

Mine has that too. Really only visible at night when the glance screen is on. Not much if annoyance, but it is there.

shadyghost

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Returned the phone for an exchange and have had no problems, and the leds seem to work normally too
what was the issue with the phone? I'm close to returning just on merit of all the little issues, lint under glass, pieces of dust under camera glass, misaligned speaker grill and the dark splotches...but one thing I've learned, sometimes you downgrade into bigger issues when you exchange.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
what was the issue with the phone? I'm close to returning just on merit of all the little issues, lint under glass, pieces of dust under camera glass, misaligned speaker grill and the dark splotches...but one thing I've learned, sometimes you downgrade into bigger issues when you exchange.

Here's an idea... inspect it before leaving the store. :)

bkydcmpr

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Crashed 10 minutes ago when using Groupon, the app was loading local deals then froze, even power button stopped responding, waited for about 10 minutes the phone rebooted.

Kreigz

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Picked mine up Friday noon ... just before taking my boys to "Pacific Rim" IMAX 3D.

Some odd behavior ... the phone would should no cell signal even though I had one ... calls and data.

Sunday morning we went grocery shopping in the local Stop and Shop in Fall River, RI. As usual, the signal is very iffy there. However, this time, when the signal came back, it was only for voice: the cell data connection did not come back even though the phone indicated 4 bars of LTE. I can make calls, send text messages, but no data connection, no MMS. Everything works over WiFi.

Spent some time with ATT tech support. I excused myself as soon as they told me the 920 sim was incompatible with the 1020 (I had picked up the phone at the Microsoft Kiosk at Providence Place Mall.

Thinking a exchange is in my future.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Picked mine up Friday noon ... just before taking my boys to "Pacific Rim" IMAX 3D.

Some odd behavior ... the phone would should no cell signal even though I had one ... calls and data.

Sunday morning we went grocery shopping in the local Stop and Shop in Fall River, RI. As usual, the signal is very iffy there. However, this time, when the signal came back, it was only for voice: the cell data connection did not come back even though the phone indicated 4 bars of LTE. I can make calls, send text messages, but no data connection, no MMS. Everything works over WiFi.

Spent some time with ATT tech support. I excused myself as soon as they told me the 920 sim was incompatible with the 1020 (I had picked up the phone at the Microsoft Kiosk at Providence Place Mall.

Thinking a exchange is in my future.

Download Access Point -- http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=ce3895c7-01d0-4daf-a4c3-25c10463942d

Go to Settings, Access Point, and switch to an alternate profile and see if that helps. It could be that AT&T sucks in that area, but I've seen that help. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes