Nokia Lumia 1020 Bugs and Defects

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Two oddities I've noticed so far.

1. The tap to wake is incredibly finicky. I have to double tap a few times to get it to work about 60% of the time.
2. When I reboot, the volume defaults to 13/30. Every time.

Luke Teal

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I got my Lumia 1020 yesterday, it's frozen twice today. The first time I was listening to music I had on the phone and the music stopped, the screen stayed locked and I couldn't unlock it; it was just blank. After about 10 minutes it turned on. The second time it wasn't doing anything, I just unlocked the screen, went to my messages and the screen froze on my messages. This time I reset it with a soft reset which worked. In both cases my battery was getting to the point where it would switch to battery saver mode, could this effect it? I've turned off the battery saver option and will see if it happens again in the future.

dangish

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
A couple of things, probably software related, ie Nokia Procam..

Customer transferred photos from PC that were taken with a different device. In the thumbnail preview on the phone, the clarity was fine, open it and it was distorted unless you zoomed in a little. Also, none of the pictures taken with the phone or else where would rotate. Performed a soft reset, still prevalent.

Will see if a hard reset is needed, but I don't think it will.

Arsenic17

May 19, 2012
Visit site
A couple of things, probably software related, ie Nokia Procam..

Customer transferred photos from PC that were taken with a different device. In the thumbnail preview on the phone, the clarity was fine, open it and it was distorted unless you zoomed in a little. Also, none of the pictures taken with the phone or else where would rotate. Performed a soft reset, still prevalent.

Will see if a hard reset is needed, but I don't think it will.

CAnt rotate where? On PC or phone? I didn't have any issues with rotation.

Kreigz

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site

sklein382

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else come across an issue while talking on the phone. Where in you hear a rustling or wind....Not sure if it's just mine or if it's something from the Lumia's. My last phone was the Titan II. Just curious if it's just me. If so I may try and take it back see what the MS store can do. Put that warranty to good use.

Yes, I just noticed the same issue. Have you been able to find a fix?

shadyghost

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Mine too, also people sound like they have lisps...lol. Not sure if it has to do with reception or what. Sometimes the quality is great and I don't notice it.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Mine too, also people sound like they have lisps...lol. Not sure if it has to do with reception or what. Sometimes the quality is great and I don't notice it.

Quality can vary greatly based on coverage and service, for both you and the person on the other end of the line. So if you live in an area where the reception varies, the call quality likely will too.

Broomcorn

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone else come across an issue while talking on the phone. Where in you hear a rustling or wind....Not sure if it's just mine or if it's something from the Lumia's. My last phone was the Titan II. Just curious if it's just me. If so I may try and take it back see what the MS store can do. Put that warranty to good use.

Yes I definitely hear that! Do you hear it with every call? It's just annoying enough that it might make me replace it. Has anyone tried contacting Nokia or heard them address the issue at all?

dogfacedsoldier

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed that sometimes the other person sounds tinny or far away, but adjusting the position of my ear seems to help. Maybe it's a issue with the speaker?

nighthikr24

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I just noticed the same issue. Have you been able to find a fix?

I have not been able to fix it. I even did a hard reset and in doing so things have gone down hill. In the middle of the factory reset my 1020 froze at the "cog wheel" screen. An issue that was supposedly fixed with portico. Now my led lights only light up in a dark room. Not when charging like others have stated. I also have an issue that a poster stated where the double tap to wake up phone hardly even works. I just switched it to normal we will see what that does. I think I'm going back to the MS store on Friday to exchange. Again the noise sounds like static when talking on the phone. I hear it when I'm not on speakerphone and when I am. I have tried calling both cell phones and landline phones. Happens no matter what. I may contact Nokia about the issue but I doubt there will be anything they can do.

ALpHa.Q.RoUgH

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site

I have this same issue as well with this phone quality.

My issues are...

1. The charger that comes with the phone is (Painfully) slow and I mean after 4 hours of charging it's still not charged all the way!
2. I thought after taking a picture with Nokia Pro Cam you could go back to the picture and edit it like zoom it or open it back up in ProCam? I only get the option to crop, rotate & fix or open in Creative Studio.

bkydcmpr

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Annoying Bluetooth A2DP bug. I play music using the stereo system in my Toyota Prius through Bluetooth, it has been a couple of times, when it's playing I changed the song from 1020, it wouldn't play, it kept repeating 0 to 5 seconds on the Prius screen but no audio. The only way to fix it is reconnect the phone to the car. I have used Samsung Focus and Samsung Focus S the same way for years, never seen this before.

Broomcorn

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Ok after playing with it further I am noticing no rhyme or reason why the lights come on or do not come on. In a dark room it sometimes lights up right when I unlock, but other times it takes some time or doesn't light up at all. Weird. looks to be software though.

For me, the LED lights turn off when I go into Battery Saver Mode (at 20%, I think). When I plug in they come back on, and when it recharges above Battery Saver it is on. Also, the ambient sensor must deactivate the LED in bright conditions, because mine don't turn on in direct light, but turn them off and they come on. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

mehsdomi

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes my WiFi doesn't connect automatically. My screen sometimes randomly goes black and I have to hard reset it. Also the phone randomly reboots 2-3 times a day.

shadyghost

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else have dust/particles beneath the camera glass? Often you can only see it in bright situations but in my experience it only gets worse as time goes on. I'm going to have to drive back to Troy it looks like...great.

Moviefun

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
The black screen and reboot thing is a hub problem for me too. It seems that it's related to Bluetooth for me. Anyone confirm / deny and have a fix ?

Up to 2 times a day reboot and black screen issue.

Why ? Update ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)