Nokia Lumia 1020 Bugs and Defects

Status
Not open for further replies.

clayfx2

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
My 1020 isn't showing in under Computer any more and the windows phone app doesn't see it either. I tried uinstall/reinstall the driver and rebooting. The drive does show in device manager and the device shows and it charges I just don't see it as a device.. uggh suggestions?

oh rebooted the phone.. that was weird.

Last edited:

ALpHa.Q.RoUgH

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Every now and then (happens at least once a day it seems) when I go to use the camera (either ProCam or regular Camera) I get the all green screen showing up and can't take a picture of anything. Usually have to turn the phone off and turn it back on again. Don't know what is causing this issue at least once a day.

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
For me, the LED lights turn off when I go into Battery Saver Mode (at 20%, I think). When I plug in they come back on, and when it recharges above Battery Saver it is on. Also, the ambient sensor must deactivate the LED in bright conditions, because mine don't turn on in direct light, but turn them off and they come on. Hope this helps!

I have noticed some weird behaviour with my LED lights for Back, Windows, and Search buttons; sometimes when I turn on the phone they turn on and stay on, and sometimes they just don't turn on and stay off even when I touch them.
I don't know how its suppose to work on WP8 or Lumia phones, but on my Samsung Focus it works that if I touch any button it lights up briefly and then turns off after few seconds, isn't that how its suppose to work?
I am trying to work out what is the normal behaviour for the LED button lights on WP8/Lumia to determine if there is an issue, because it definitely works differently then on my old WP7.

Update:
Tested the power saver setting, when power saver is on buttons LED is off, but when power saver is off the buttons LED is on all the time, even when watching videos which is a bit distracting, any way to make it behave like on WP7, so the button LED only turns on when a button is touched?

Last edited:

vtective

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Should I hear sound in the video when speaking in to the top mic? Or is it noise cancelling? I tried recording a video in portrait and speaking into the top mic, but can't hear my voice. It works when speaking into the bottom mic, though.

agion1

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
If you take a video clip (photos seem to vary) and then soft reset the phone, the video is gone. Lost my kid's batting practice today. Was on a call with BT and it locked. I soft reset the phone and went about my business. Went to show my wife the footage and it was gone. Since then, I taken other footage and then soft reset to see what would happen. In every instance it disappears. I took footage and then a picture following it to see if it was a list clip/photo thing. No dice. The video and the photo went away. I have some video still on the camera roll so it obviously does delete some stuff, but I am not sure if it is a time period thing or something else. As a side note, I also turned off the upload to SkyDrive settings thinking that maybe it was held in some limbo state while it was waiting for SkyDrive (I have settings for Wi-Fi best quality). No dice. When I soft reset and checked my settings, they were forgotten and back to on. Can anyone verify this on their phone for me? Take a video, make sure it is available via the camera roll and then soft reset and see if it has vanished? Thanks in advance.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Should I hear sound in the video when speaking in to the top mic? Or is it noise cancelling? I tried recording a video in portrait and speaking into the top mic, but can't hear my voice. It works when speaking into the bottom mic, though.

I think that it is a "noise cancellation" mic on the top ... just speak to the same area, as when you are speaking on a call (or from far enough) ...

GloriousGlory

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
-The volume of calls on the ear speaker is quite low even set at max (10)

-Camera cannot focus closely (Have to be about 4-5 inches away to focus). This basically stops all barcode scanner apps from working since you need to be very close to scan them.

Those are my two immediate experiences that I can think of as posting as a bug/defect.

Rebelatheart

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Noticed what appears to be two dead/stuck pixels on the Camera sensor (not the screen).

I was taking pictures in front of my house just now (at night) and noticed two green dots (looks almost like little crosses) that moved everywhere I moved. and showed up on every picture. Had the same thing on my lumia 920 (made a post about it). I wonder how many ppl have this same issue and havent noticed.

This 1020 is actually being returned b/c long story short, I paid full price, and then my upgrade showed up so I purchased one from the MS store. Definitely going to check that one. Brand new phone shouldnt have these issues.

Billy Sisco

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I am not able to scan barcodes in the search app. The image focuses for a moment but then blurs. The same thing is happening in the Bing translator. Is anyone else having this issue?

GloriousGlory

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I am not able to scan barcodes in the search app. The image focuses for a moment but then blurs. The same thing is happening in the Bing translator. Is anyone else having this issue?

Yes, read two posts above yours lol.. I've also started a thread on this. They need to allow zoom for those barcode scanners. Our camera can't get in focus unless it';s about 4" away, and that's too far for scanning barcodes. If zoom was allowed we could easily do it from a 1-2 feet away.

agion1

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site

I just tried scanning text off of a CD (bio) and the code off of an apple juice and had no problem. The apple juice scan was done at about 10 inches away.

clemgrad85

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Having an odd email issue with my POP email account. The email had worked flawlessly until I added my signature to the email. When I click the signature "On" and send a test email from the phone, the email stays in the Out Folder, and then the email account doesn't work (won't sync). The only way I seem be able to get it to work is to turn off the signature for the account. I have 2 POP email accounts on the phone and it does this with both of the accounts. Any suggestions or anyone else having a problem with the signature On for a POP email account?

Rebelatheart

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Any new products that are released are bound to have defective units. So this is nothing unusual

Yeah...I meant that a brand new phone (not a newly launched product) shouldn't have stuck pixels on the lens already..hence its being returned. This is a bugs and defects thread...so we're posting defects on our brand new phones. Nothing to do with it being usual or unusual, otherwise this whole thread is worthless since any item can have defects.

CheekyTaurus

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Issue updating ME tile profile pic

If you have a FB account and a MSFT configured on your Lumia 1020, you are unable to update the image when only posting to the MSFT account.

Anyone else have this issue?

ON YOUR PHONE:

1) Tap Me tile
2) Tap your profile image
3) Tap your profile image again
4) Select photo
5) Post new photo ONLY to your MSFT account, not Facebook.

Does your ME tile profile image update to the image you selected?

agion1

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Issue updating ME tile profile pic

If you have a FB account and a MSFT configured on your Lumia 1020, you are unable to update the image when only posting to the MSFT account.

Anyone else have this issue?

ON YOUR PHONE:

1) Tap Me tile
2) Tap your profile image
3) Tap your profile image again
4) Select photo
5) Post new photo ONLY to your MSFT account, not Facebook.

Does your ME tile profile image update to the image you selected?

Just tried it. No, it does not update the tile image. If you get a chance will you refer to my post above, take a quick video clip, make sure it's saved, soft reset your phone, and see if the clip is lost? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs