Nokia Lumia 1020 Bugs and Defects

Status
Not open for further replies.

morete908

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Two 1020 phones.
Phone 1. Camera won't turn on when on start screen. When pushing the camera button, the screen goes black and freezes. Camera only turns on when on lock screen. Once activated, no camera issues. Edit* Small flash on bottom always stays on, even when phone is powered off, draining the battery.
Phone 2. Yellowish hue on camera screen image. Edit* Only when using front facing camera.

Last edited:

bcolton

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm noticing black lines and spots on this AMOLED screen with a dark background. Take a look at the screen against a gray or dark picture. This is stuff that I encountered on the Galaxy S2 but Samsung seemed to fix on the S3 going forward. Wonder where Nokia is getting these screens because its not the best quality.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

Gio Lopez

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi, a newbie here. Got my Lumia 1020 yesterday. Acquired it from someone who bought it in a Nokia Event in Melbourne. Still testing it but i have an issue with the camera, the auto focus is not locking in my subject in both regular distant shots and even in macro shots, thus my pictures are blurry and poor in details. Its all the same in Nokia Pro Cam and the Camera App and Nokia Smart Cam. Even the settings are all automatic. Is my unit defective or its software is not the final one? I have a Lumia 920 and after installing it with Pro Cam its auto focus easily locks in distant and macro shots.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
weird glitch where my data connection wont work when it comes to browsing, but i have 4 or 5 LTE bars all the time.

So reset my phone and been on the gears of death for about 6 hours now.

nokia needs to get their QC straight, 5 920 swaps and now my 1020 doesnt even last a month before having issues.

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
All the qc problems concern me had a few with my 920 and have placed an order for a 1020 not sure I should follow through with the purchase.
My 920 still has battery drain issues every now and then. A few friends have decided to leave the platform because of the constant problems.

iRS73

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Had a couple of bad 920's... and have placed an order for a 1020 but not sure I should follow through with the purchase.

All the qc problems concern me had a few with my 920 and have placed an order for a 1020 not sure I should follow through with the purchase.
My 920 still has battery drain issues every now and then. A few friends have decided to leave the platform because of the constant problems.

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Had a couple of bad 920's... and have placed an order for a 1020 but not sure I should follow through with the purchase.

If Thailand had the same replacement warranty as the USA I would not be as concerned, here we have a 7 day replacement warranty after that your lose your phone for up to 2 weeks. Had issues with my 900 as well.

tebling

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Still testing it but i have an issue with the camera, the auto focus is not locking in my subject in both regular distant shots and even in macro shots, thus my pictures are blurry and poor in details.

I have exactly the same problem. It's particularly bad with video, where the only way I can make it focus distant objects is if I manually tap to focus several times. It's enough to make video almost unusable. Does everyone else's video lock on accurately on the first try?

jlekssp

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
i was playing with my bluetooth headset and i realise that whenever I'm connected to my bluetooth headset, the last song which i was playing just resume playing. Anyway to stop the resume of songs whenever I'm connected to the bluetooth headset?

sakendrick

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm having problems with the headphone jack on my Lumia 1020.

I just got a lumia 1020 and had the same issue. I returned mine assuming it had to be faulty wiring. Other than that it worked great for 3 days.

My new phone that I just got forced me to soft reset. I charged it over night, and in the morning went to check email. Phone would not come on through normal means. Had to soft reset, then it came on fine. no problems since.

is this common and an intermittent bug or is there something faulty with this phone too? I will see if it happens again tonight.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
So update on my bug not sure anybody else experienced.

So last week for a few days, my 1020 on ATT would have 4 or 5 bars on LTE, but the internet didn't work. I couldn't browse or use apps at all, not sure what caused it. I thought it was ATT so i called up ATT and they went through all the trouble shooting and told me to change sims, so i did, didn't work. The odd thing was, if the phone was on 4g, it worked, if it was on LTE, it didnt. So they went and refreshed my profile and all this stuff on their end and still nothing. Yes, my data connection option under cellular was on.

So i reset my phone and went into the spinning gears of death, for 8 hours straight, yes, 8 hours! I had to recharge a few times though during the 8 hours it was spinning.

So eventually it booted up finally and now my phone works ok. I also had been going through battery drain issues after a few weeks with the phone. The first 2 weeks or so, the battery was great, then for about 1.5 weeks, it started draining really fast and eventually had the no data connection issue.

now its fine, wondering if anybody else has this issue. I just got this phone in august after goiong througha bunch of defective 920s and my 1020 didn't last a month with issues. Probably going to get nokia to replace again.

sakendrick

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
My new phone that I just got forced me to soft reset.

This happened again, second night in a row, second night I had the phone. This time it was not charging. Almost seems like at a certain time of night the phone just puts itself to sleep. Sent email to Nokia. three strikes and I guess I'll return to AT&T again unless I can find any cause.

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
My 920 is still going into battery drain mod some days. I gave up trying get it replace Nokia in Thailand told me there is nothing wrong with the phone.
Hope I do not have the same problems with my 1020 I just ordered. if it is like yours it might be the last time I get a Lumia phone. I started with the 800 it died one month after warranty, then I purchased the 900 microphone replaced 3 times, the 920 suffers from battery drain and is only charging to 80% now. I am questioning myself if I should give it one last go.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
My 920 is still going into battery drain mod some days. I gave up trying get it replace Nokia in Thailand told me there is nothing wrong with the phone.
Hope I do not have the same problems with my 1020 I just ordered. if it is like yours it might be the last time I get a Lumia phone. I started with the 800 it died one month after warranty, then I purchased the 900 microphone replaced 3 times, the 920 suffers from battery drain and is only charging to 80% now. I am questioning myself if I should give it one last go.
If ur phone only charges to 80% there is something wrong

rcballa12

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone noticed the blank lockscreen image (no text)? I can get it to occur after a call ends and pressing the back button. I've also gotten it to occur randomly by swiping when the screen is about to time out. Odd and annoying sometimes.

zabihjan

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
i am about to buy one Lumia 1020, could anyone please confirm that GPS signal performance on this phone. i sold my lumia 900 because it had the weakest gps signal ever compared to my nexus 4. does the gps from lumia 1020 work in the cities with tall buildings? if it does i am ready to make the switch once again. please reply

jlekssp

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Mine works just great....quicker fix than by 920.
i am about to buy one Lumia 1020, could anyone please confirm that GPS signal performance on this phone. i sold my lumia 900 because it had the weakest gps signal ever compared to my nexus 4. does the gps from lumia 1020 work in the cities with tall buildings? if it does i am ready to make the switch once again. please reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo