Nokia Lumia 1020 Bugs and Defects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pvsg Prasad

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Just reviewed 2 other separate 1020 devices and they both had the lag when scrolling between opened applications. I actually tried it on another lumia device (i think it was the 900) and it also suffered the same issue. Really makes the UI look flakey after using it on the Lumia 800, where it was flawless.

Hey dude same problem in my lumia 925 there is a slight refresh line when swiping up the opened applications using back key..
When i first bought my 925 it is like u know no refresh line and it is very smooth and flawless but after updating my 925..the issue came up..
I think latest update has triggered the issue..
Hope MS to fix this issue..
This is my version let us see whether others have the same issue.

chueyduey

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Nope, my 1020 swipes left and right nice and fluid through the open applications.
What apps do you have open?

What OS Version are you using? Mine says 8.0.10328.78

It doesn't seem to matter what apps i have open, I tried it with all sorts of different combinations to see if anything triggers it. I've even blocked all background tasks incase it was something there, but it didn't make any difference.

mrchampipi

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Didn't see this one before, apologies if I missed it.

If both the regular and high-res photos taken in Pro Cam are deleted from the phone, then both put back onto it from a backup, Pro Cam no longer detects the high res versions and the option to edit disappears. The last picture in the sequence still registers as "captured by Nokia Pro Cam" but the rest don't, regardless of the high res files being present.

Any clues? Also, first post, and best phone I've ever owned!

Just noticed that yesterday :(
I unloaded my phone from many pictures to the pc, then realised I wanted to reframe a couple of them: put them back on the 1020...bad surprise :(
Well, that forced me to learn to use IrfanView a bit...But it's a shame really. Hope Nokia will sort that out and/or release a pc suite that would allow us to play with the high res pictures on the computer just like we can on the phone.

Chinocop

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Anybody having any problems with video contrast adjusting itself? I have some videos where the contrast will brighten or darken periodically when I'm shooting.

talexe

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm noticing some minor but annoying lag unlocking the phone to the home screen. Like, the lock screen jitters as it swipes up. There's no such problem opening the phone to an app, which makes me think that it is an issue with the number of Live Apps I have pinned, but really, it's not that many. Besides, don't really want to compromise to get a lag-free UI on one of the smoothest OSes on its most powerful phone!

Any thoughts?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm noticing some minor but annoying lag unlocking the phone to the home screen. Like, the lock screen jitters as it swipes up. There's no such problem opening the phone to an app, which makes me think that it is an issue with the number of Live Apps I have pinned, but really, it's not that many. Besides, don't really want to compromise to get a lag-free UI on one of the smoothest OSes on its most powerful phone!

Any thoughts?

Are you rocking GDR2 or GDR3?

KnightOfAnfala

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

I got my 1020 last Monday but only got around to reading this thread today. As such, I just now noticed that my capacitive button LEDS are not lighting up either. How exactly should they behave? When do they turn on? When are they off?

Also, I recall that my 925's home button used to flash when I'm charging it while it's off. Tried to recreate that with my 1020 but I found out that I can't completely turn it off. The moment I plug a powered USB cable into it it turns itself on. Is this normal?

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
So I had something annoying happen for the first (and I hope only) last time. Took a couple of pics, then later went to photos; Nokia ProCam, framed and when I hit save, the program booted me back to the photo menu and the one I was working on had disappeared! So I opened another one that I didn't care about too much and same thing happened.
I reset the camera which also resets Photos and then takes you through the tutorial again.
Activated Camera, hit the 3 dots; hit "Settings" and at the bottom hit the "Find" button and thank God both pics from before showed up. I was able to open them and work on them fine afterwards - so at least the program didn't corrupt the files.

MarcoBug322

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I got an update but its not gdr 3.
OS 8.0.10328.0
firmware 3050.0000.1338.1001
hardware 1.0.0.0
software radio 3.2.04034.1

I have this Lumia 2 weeks and the Nokia site there no updates yet.

Having no clue where this update is about i miss zune a bit now.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

StephenWagner7

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Didn't see this one before, apologies if I missed it.

If both the regular and high-res photos taken in Pro Cam are deleted from the phone, then both put back onto it from a backup, Pro Cam no longer detects the high res versions and the option to edit disappears. The last picture in the sequence still registers as "captured by Nokia Pro Cam" but the rest don't, regardless of the high res files being present.

Any clues? Also, first post, and best phone I've ever owned!

This isn't a bug.

After you restore the pictures, go in to Pro Cam, go to Settings and hit the "find" button inside of settings. This will pair up the low res images with the high res images, and allow you to view them.

sakendrick

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Well... on my second 1020 and all of a sudden audio stopped functioning properly. The following symptoms:
- I can play music through the audio jack
- I can make calls through speaker phone only
- no sound for bluetooth on anything - not calls not music regardless of device (devices that use to work)
- no sound can be heard when using the phone normally with hand set to ear
- other than phone calls no sound can be heard through the speaker - no voice commands or prompts, no music
Seems like a common quality issue with the headphone jack with nokias. .A sales person at the AT&T store said he had the same issue with two different lumias. Here's a couple threads:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-925/243163-no-sound-coming-my-nokia-lumia-925-a.html
No audio - Nokia Support Discussions

I'm currently doing a hard reset. This is very frustrating in 3 months my wife and I are now on our 4th and 5th nokias. Seems quality of build is horrible and will really hurt windows phones.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Every now and then (happens at least once a day it seems) when I go to use the camera (either ProCam or regular Camera) I get the all green screen showing up and can't take a picture of anything. Usually have to turn the phone off and turn it back on again. Don't know what is causing this issue at least once a day.

I've only had this once, but it's super annoying. I also ended up having to reboot.

redeyss

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I had the green screen once. Also occasionally have the posterized effect and just the bottom 25% of the lock screen show until I hit power button on/off. Had the phone turn off and needed a soft reset to turn back on, once... My 820 turned itself of once every other day and sometimes twice or thrice a day:/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss