Nokia Lumia 1020 Bugs and Defects

Status
Not open for further replies.

waltzik

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
If you yet to receive the update you should make sure what you have it meant for England because someother countries are yet to get the update. I use Lumia 1020 for Australian market and am yet to recieve the update in ukraine

waltzik

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I just got my phone yesterday and the only issue are seems to be having is the static sounds that affect voice call and video recording which is not really deal breaker for me. Also just a bit weird thing i noticed ,was told camera module might get hot from long use and i did skype call today for about 20 minutes using front facing camera but the back camera compartment was freaking hot like hell .......

But am totally loving the phone and migrating from 920 i can say they are in no way like leaving camera out of this comparison . the build is more elegant

Jerry Reyes

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I really did not have any reboot problems. It would require a soft reset about every 2 weeks.

I never updated my phone, untill 2 days ago!!!!

Now, it's freaking rebooting every 2-3 times i use the camera, go on facebook, or explore. I'm guessing 10-20 times a day!!! WTH

I need to revert it to original.

Mahuhu

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
After the Black update I have two issues:
- I cannot find glance in the settings anymore
- my bottom three buttons don't lit up

Any ideas?

sakendrick

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Now, it's freaking rebooting every 2-3 times i use the camera, go on facebook, or explore. I'm guessing 10-20 times a day!!! WTH

I need to revert it to original.

Same here - if there's a safe way to revert, i need to. Reboots are driving me nuts. I've uninstalled any extra apps, hard reset, shut off background tasks. I found this but uncertain if it works for a released version of Black. Downgrade your Nokia Lumia from GDR3 Preview Back to GDR2 Amber | BlinkThinks in Binaries.

naturalabellity

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I just received my Nokia Lumia 1020 January 8th or 9th. I upgraded the firmware to Lumia Black 3051.blahblahblah.

I am having trouble with the mic when I try to use speakerphone, voice command or video. It will not record any sound. When I use the phone regularly, people can hear me, but when I switch to speakerphone, no go. I also can't use Shazaam, any sound dependent apps.

I got the video through Nokia Camera app to work once or twice, but that was it and I've tried to take at least a hundred videos playing with different settings. I've tried it with the bass filter on the two different settings and without.

I've seen a few threads where people have had this issue, but not many and none offer any insight?

Hardware issue? Would a scratched SIM card cause this? My model is a refurbished AT&T model.

(I also had big problems with battery drain and random reboots, but I deleted all the apps I'd downloaded (Skype, and a few games I can't remember what they were) and turned off all the background tasks and now I'm only having a random reboot every couple days)

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Wifi button is grayed out, the settings screen shows it is on, but it is not!
Bluetooth when turned on, turns itself off.

AT&T 1020 with developer preview on.

Anyone offer solution?

thisismmb

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi. I'm having a very weird problem with my Nokia Lumia 1020... So, I got it several months ago, and it's been working fine.
But yesterday, I was texting someone and then all of a sudden my keyboard on my phone started pressing the space button and typing random things by itself!! It was very creepy, and then I hurried and pushed the power button. I waited a few seconds, turned it back on, and couldn't slide my lock screen up. I had to turn off the screen again, and try a few more times before I could log in.
I was again on the text messages screen, and then my phone started selecting things all by itself...
I went online and searched for ways to solve it, but no one had anything. I found the soft reset information, and I did that, which solved it for a few minutes, before it started doing it again!!
I did this reset maybe 10 times!

Then, this morning, i was trying to go to my phone's information, under extras and phone information, and when i clicked on it the screen acted like it was switching to it, but then was still on the setting screen!

I'm not sure what is going on with my phone, and like I said, it's still quite new, so I have no clue why it is acting like this!!! PLEASE someone HELP ME!

thisismmb

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone knows how to set the screen a little bit less brighter? I'm thinking it is too bright, even when inside....the auto mode should go lower, like when you have the battery economy ON

So, Go to setting, brightness, and don't pick the automatic one. turn that off. Go ahead and manually select the brightness that you want. I usually do Medium because it seems right for all the time.

Crystal 2

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I was able to fix mine:

Ok, so I had this same issue, but the voice command, speaker phone audio, and video audio never worked for me. I had to replace the AV Assembly for the top speaker and mic (all in one part). This fixed my audio issue and now all my videos record audio, speaker phone works (people on the other side can hear me) and voice command functions. I am not sure where you would find one, a friend of mine had a broken one that would not read SIM cards (but everything else was functional) and sold me that part. Prior to replacement, I tried soft resets and factory reset but they didn't fix the problem. This was the only thing I could to to fix the audio problem. Just for giggles I installed the AV Assembly from my phone in my friends and it did not work in that phone either, so it was a faulty part. Bonus the in call volume is much better now as well.

ayejay0601

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I just received my Nokia Lumia 1020 January 8th or 9th. I upgraded the firmware to Lumia Black 3051.blahblahblah.

I am having trouble with the mic when I try to use speakerphone, voice command or video. It will not record any sound. When I use the phone regularly, people can hear me, but when I switch to speakerphone, no go. I also can't use Shazaam, any sound dependent apps.

I got the video through Nokia Camera app to work once or twice, but that was it and I've tried to take at least a hundred videos playing with different settings. I've tried it with the bass filter on the two different settings and without.

I've seen a few threads where people have had this issue, but not many and none offer any insight?

Hardware issue? Would a scratched SIM card cause this? My model is a refurbished AT&T model.

(I also had big problems with battery drain and random reboots, but I deleted all the apps I'd downloaded (Skype, and a few games I can't remember what they were) and turned off all the background tasks and now I'm only having a random reboot every couple days)

I had this same problem. My "solution" was to exchange it. The speaker/mic stopped working.

ayejay0601

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi. I'm having a very weird problem with my Nokia Lumia 1020... So, I got it several months ago, and it's been working fine.
But yesterday, I was texting someone and then all of a sudden my keyboard on my phone started pressing the space button and typing random things by itself!! It was very creepy, and then I hurried and pushed the power button. I waited a few seconds, turned it back on, and couldn't slide my lock screen up. I had to turn off the screen again, and try a few more times before I could log in.
I was again on the text messages screen, and then my phone started selecting things all by itself...
I went online and searched for ways to solve it, but no one had anything. I found the soft reset information, and I did that, which solved it for a few minutes, before it started doing it again!!
I did this reset maybe 10 times!

Then, this morning, i was trying to go to my phone's information, under extras and phone information, and when i clicked on it the screen acted like it was switching to it, but then was still on the setting screen!

I'm not sure what is going on with my phone, and like I said, it's still quite new, so I have no clue why it is acting like this!!! PLEASE someone HELP ME!

Sounds like an issue with the touch screen. Is the screen wet or dirty? Try cleaning it thoroughly when it is off.

NicoleOfTheDead

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
So I picked the phone up on Friday at the MS Store in Natick, MA.

I haven't stopped futzing around with it since. One of the new features (for me) on a phone was the front-facing camera. Went to try it out and it just black screened and sat there. Nothingness. I could hit the home button. I could get back into the camera app again. But it happened again and again. Regular camera app(s) worked just fine.

So plugged it in overnight. After it was fully charged, I unplugged it and tried it again in the morning. Worked just fine! How??? Was it something to do with battery?
Later on in the day, I checked it again and it froze on the image capture (front camera). Damn. Then it started to freeze upon even opening the Nokia Pro Camera up. WTF!
Later I notice it had an update for a whole bunch of Nokia apps, so I let them download and install. From what I remember it still didn't work right. So I took it back to the MS Store to have them look at it and hopefully get a replacement unit. As my luck has it, I went to demonstrate and replicate my issue..... It. Worked. Perfectly. Walked around the mall the rest of the time doing anything I could to replicate it. It would do no wrong. OK, maybe I rebooted it after the updates and that's all it needed?

Now (the next day), I checked it again... it's having the same issues. The first time the front facing camera displayed its preview, but froze on capture. Now it just black screens whenever I try to use it.

Any ideas? Has anyone had similar issues?
I'm heading home tomorrow and the closest MS Store is 45 minutes away. Would I be able to take it to an AT&T store and see if they can help?

I'm actually having this exact problem. Any fixes for this? I've been searching but have not seen an answer

Irham Abdul Halim

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
image201402010001_2.jpg

Major problem. The flash on my Lumia 1020 suddenly just lit up and there's no way to turn it off. Turned off flash assist, turned off Flashlight App, turned phone off and on again, drained its battery... Nothing worked.
Any solutions?

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Maybe not 1020 specific, but the other day Nokia Drive was about 100 miles off for a loooong time, and the phone got crazy hot when it finally found my location after a reboot. I've had this before, it seems like a bug in either maps or drive is causing the phone to overheat. Super frustrating, because of course this exactly happens when you shouldn't be messing with the phone.

onlyconnect

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site

I had this exact issue. I am still not sure if it is hardware or software (would be interesting to revert the OS upgrade to see if it makes a difference). Like you I found other references to the problem but no solution. I called Nokia Care and was no help other than to send it in for repair. In the end I returned the phone for a refund and got another one, which works fine.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb