Nokia Lumia 1020 Bugs and Defects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Live2Deliver

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
i have one bug related to returning from roaming, definitely replicable.

Whenever I comes back from roaming, my 1020 couldn't automatically connect to my home network even though it is detected in Search Network settings.
I had to put my phone to 2G, then 4G for it to search and connect to home network.
Then I have another problem, after connecting to home network, I do not get data service automatically. To fix this I need to enable flight mode, then disable it. This is said to refresh the connection.

Skipping switching 2G-4G however, and restarting phone doesn't connect me to home network.

Ma1dere

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Here is the thing, when I just bought my 1020 it could play music and record the video at the same time. Now, as soon as I start recording the video (I've tried Nokia camera, camera beta and stock MS app) music stops. Can anyone confirm if it's intended or not?

Marc Kean

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Update April 15, 2014: Since installing the new Windows Phone 8.1 update today, there is no change to this - still broken.

I have a Nokia Lumia 920 and Nokia Lumia 1020. Since installing the new Nokia Lumia Black update on my two phones, AAC+/HE-AAC internet radio stations no longer play in stereo and play in mono only. This problem occurs on both of my phones, using the built in browser (Internet Explorer) or any internet radio app e.g. Radyo or TuneIn and occurs any HE-AAC stream that uses the Parametric Stereo and SBR extensions. Internet Explorer on Windows Phone also plays HE-AAC streams in mono, this site Jack FM plays audio in mono direct from the built in Windows Phone browser itself which is baked into the operating system.

TIP: Use ear phones to easily hear Stereo Vs Mono.

As a test: To compare, I have listed the station stream URLs here. If you own a Nokia Lumia and have the black update as a minimum, test it yourself install the Radyo app which lets you add custom URLs for internet radio and use a pair of ear phones which will enable you to hear the difference between mono or stereo in an instant.

These HE-AAC streams play in Stereo

These HE-AAC streams play in Mono (After the installation of the Nokia Lumia Black update)

These are just a few examples, but after the black update it seems that native (hardware) support for the HE-AAC Parametric Stereo and SBR extensions have been broken. I have a friend that uses a Nokia Lumia 920 phone in which I tested all of this, and I can confirm that the phone experiences the same issues as well.

As an easier test: It’s easier to tell the difference by using one source. Triple J in Australia stream their audio over MP3 and HE-AAC at the same time.

Triple J's HE-AAC stream 48Kbps (normally on Windows Phone) should sound the same (if not better) than their MP3 stream of 96Kbps. If you add both of these stream URL’s to the Windows Phone Radyo app in the custom section, then flick between the two, you should notice that the HE-AAC stream is much much worse than the MP3 Stream.

In contrast, if you listen to these streams on your computer, they sound practically the same quality wise.

Triple J - HE-AAC
Triple J - MP3

One of the primary reasons I switched to Windows Phone, I listen to internet radio all the time on the go and with the Windows Phone I can adjust the bass/treble with the built in equalizer, something that can't be done with iOS or Android devices at the operating system level.

Please note: this is not a problem solely with the Radyo app, I am recommending the Radyo app only because you can add custom URL's with this app, something which you can't do with the TuneIn app for Windows Phone. the same symptoms occur using the built in Windows Phone browser.

Something which is even more interesting, if you play Kiis 1065 Sydney using the built-in Windows Phone browser Internet Explorer this plays in stereo perfectly well. But if you play Jack FM also using the built-in Windows Phone browser Internet Explorer this plays the audio in mono. I have also noticed that since the Black update FM radio plays all stations in mono as well - don't know if this is related, but I would have a guess that it is.

What is going on Microsoft? What did you do to break HE-AAC Parametric Stereo & SBR extension functionality for virtually all apps including web apps? Why are you being silent on this issue and not informing anyone about this issue?

Last edited:

CarlosTSG

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I have a Nokia Lumia 920 and Nokia Lumia 1020. Since installing the new Nokia Lumia Black update on my two phones, AAC+/HE-AAC internet radio stations are no longer in stereo and are in mono only. This problem occurs on both of my phones, using any internet radio app e.g. Radyo or TuneIn and occurs for about 80% of the AAC+/HE-AAC streams that I normally listen to .

Yep I have the same issue that Marc's got, its really freakin annoying. Can't wait for the WP 8.1 update. That might resolve the issue.

yasfer21

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Did you inform the developer of the app about this? What if there is a different way on how the the app should work with the new OS? Who should update, the OS or the App?

Fpfpfpfp

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Have you checked your settings? Is the option to automatically download text messages on?
It may also be a problem with your phone company.

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
I seem to be experiencing problems with my Lumia 1020 regarding posting pictures to Facebook. If I select say 20 pictures in my camera roll to 'share' it will select a photo that I haven't selected and will post that one picture 20 times. They transfer onto a laptop easily and I have tried sharing them to my email and that works too. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app a number of times and I have also reset my phone but it doesn't seem to work. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

josemon

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Will u please help me.. Last day my phone freezes and I did a soft reset. After that when i check my photos in camera album,the images are not there. But I can see the images via camera app. The Images are missing from camera album. When its connected to PC,images are still thr. I have done this steps also...

Turn skydrive off temporarily (Photos > Camera Roll > ... > skydrive settings > Don't upload).
Open Nokia Camera app.
Tap ...
Tap settings.
Tap Find photos and video shot with Nokia Camera.
Wait until the progress bar disappears.
Close Nokia Camera app.
Turn skydrive back to on.

But still i cant see my images in camera album.. :crying::crying:

cgraesser

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,
yesterday I got my Lumia 1020 (wooohooo). I got a problem with my mobile data connection, I downloaded the bing weather app, which is working very well, while I'm using my wi-fi connection. If I turn off the wifi and want to use LTE only, bing weather states, that it has no connection to the internet. Same error occures while using another news app, BUT bing news, hotmail and IE are working fine. Data connection is enabled (of course!). I thought, it was the difference, that these two apps came from app store and where not preinstalled, but bing news was also not preinstalled and is working fine. I couldn't find an option like "use wifi, if available instead of LTE" or something similar.

Some facts about the phone:

Provider: Deutsche Telekom
Modus: LTE
Firmware: Lumia Black Update
OS version: 8.0.105.17.150 (there are no updates for my phone)

Thanks for your help.

Chris

EDIT: I just uninstalled these two apps and reinstalled them, using LTE only. All is fine, now I can use them with LTE and/or Wifi.

Last edited:

Toverhoofd

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I shoot videos at 1080 30 fps, but there seems to be a problem with the audio. At the start and the end of a clip the audio seems missing for about half a second. It's a very tedious job to trim all the clips to have no audio gaps on my timeline in Premiere Pro. Does anyone have the same problem?

Valnjes

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi people!

I just wanted to share a small bug that I found on my 1020.
When the pictures are Synced to OneDrive - it still says SkyDrive.

Nothing that breaks the phone Sync - just an old text that is forgotten to be renamed.

wp_ss_20140321_0001.png

elfallous

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Did anyone face a fast battery draining problem, I disable data and WiFi , activate the power saving mode but in the morning I discover 25% battery charge gone!!!!!!

Glenn Vincent Yazon

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Could you please direct me to the thread for my problem. I transferred a load of medical textbooks via USB to the lumia, and it was done without any errors. These consist of PDF, CHM and Epub files. Following the IOS model, I then searched for apps to open the said files. Unfortunately, the Office Mobile(Places and Phone) could only reflect a couple of books for upload to Adobe and Microsoft PDF Readers. Only two or three books could be opened using the said programs. Do you think that I should "sync" the books instead rather than the mass transfer? Any help would be greatly appreciated since I need access to my ebooks. I also have an IPhone5 which was less problematic. Thanks

Glenn Vincent Yazon

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Do I need Calibre to sync my books to the lumia 1020? When I use the itunes sync for windows, I do not see any entry for "books" to sync. I was able to transfer all my music and videos to the lumia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6