Nokia Lumia 1020 Bugs and Defects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miska Hietala

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Hey
Bought this amazing phone last Friday. Had some problems with speaker and camera let out weird squeaky sound when snapping photo. Got new unit today just to discover this phone also lets feint squeaky sound when taking picture.
Now it is bit faster sound when taking photo with stock camera app, and is bit louder on Nokia camera app.
Anyone else has this same "effect"? It doesn't matter much but would be nice to have silent camera 😏

Sent from my RM-875_eu_finland_208 using Tapatalk

JBWonton

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
I just had an update on my phone, now I can't open any apps I had already downloaded. Anyone have any ideas?

update: also noticed text message app is not updating. I'll receive toast notifications but texts will not update in the thread.

when I try to open an application like WPCentral, it'll just bring the start screen up again.

FIX: factory reset phone...

Last edited:

xistoso

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
My phone arrived today, i took like 5 good fotos then the phone just clicked and only blurs, looks like the focus is broken. Took a sampling video to show you guys at arround 3 secs it makes the "click" noise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYJUTdMGVTE

Going to nokia care tomorow. But i think i'll have to return it if it' s not software related.

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone help, my proximity sensor does absolutely nothing on my 1020? It's a pain in the *** when on a call and the screen doesn't go off. My 1st call yesterday after updating to wp8.1 I managed to pull down the Action Centre and activate Airplane Mode with my ear lol and killed the call. I know about people having issues with dirt/grease on the glass affecting the proximity sensor making it ON all the time but this is the opposite, it just does nothing at all. Tried soft/hard resets, all to no avail

ypi

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Hey
Bought this amazing phone last Friday. Had some problems with speaker and camera let out weird squeaky sound when snapping photo. Got new unit today just to discover this phone also lets feint squeaky sound when taking picture.
Now it is bit faster sound when taking photo with stock camera app, and is bit louder on Nokia camera app.
Anyone else has this same "effect"? It doesn't matter much but would be nice to have silent camera ��

Sent from my RM-875_eu_finland_208 using Tapatalk

Is this the shutter sound? This is normal and a very low sound. 1020 has a mechanical shutter.

jay6600

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Duplicated Fake? Images in camera roll?

Hi All After A cold frosty early morning 4 hour hike with my lumia 1020 (running lumia black software) i returned home and upon viewing my images it appears ive taken many duplicate images usually just one clone but some have 5clones ,i was using the camera grip and id allow for one accidentally fired shot but 5!

I thought ok ill just delete the clones leaving just one ,after doing this to several i found i could nolonger open the remaining image via nokia camera and access the large hi res jpg :-( ,upon connect to pc ive copied all i took whilst out and to my surprise the extra images dont exist or perhaps dont show in windows set to show hidden files.
All the clones will open in nokia camera app aslong as i dont reduce to just the one

The phone suffered a reboot whilst i was out the first-time its done it by itself since i got it in February, i had a GPS tracking app runing during my time out. The weather was very cold frost -2c could the cold have caused this nuisance error as its quite perfect upon testing at home it only produces the normal one image with option to open in nokia camera as it should Soft reset the device achieves nothing nor does request nokia camera to find images shot with nokia camera. My images are set to not automatically upload to sykdrive so i dont think thats the purpose they were created as its a one off event for me.Clones.jpg

Last edited:

Kevin Kev

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm having an issue with my Lumia 1020 aswell.

Whenever i want to record my voice (with any app) it just makes noise.

I noticed more users have issues with this, maybe someone knows a fix for this?

NeoST

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I have 3 (or even 4) problems with my Lumia 1020.
Purchased it as slightly used (no signs of wear or damage) and after few days...
- switching to front camera in any app causes camera altogether to crash and neither back or front cam doesn't work until restart
- autobrightness doesn't work - switching to auto does nothing, it always reverts to medium (or whatever I set)
- Glance doesn't work - after turning the phone on, it can be selected in settings but after the phone goes standby, it blinks for a second then turns off. After that, it can no longer be enabled or selected in settings (it's there but everything is "disabled")

These 3 problems persist throughout any ROM (tested with 8.1 and two 8.0's).

Another problem is that Nokia Camera produces blurry .DNG images (JPG are somewhat better) with slight chromatic aberration. DNG pictures are always out of focus and lack detail in comparison to JPG ones. Could be that one of the lenses went out of alignment.

Sending it to repair under warranty next week.

Kevin Kev

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm having an issue with my Lumia 1020 aswell.

Whenever i want to record my voice (with any app) it just makes noise.

I noticed more users have issues with this, maybe someone knows a fix for this?

Upgraded to Windows Phone 8.1, without result :-(
Got another issue with it, my phone freezes (even glimp won't work anymore) and i have to hard reset it to get it working again.

Technoloay

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Every now and then, after opening the camera and pressing the camera button, the 1020's camera gets stuck (mechanical shutter doesn't close, camera apps don't work) and requires a restart. This is annoying. Any solution? This started to happen after black, now on 8.1 DP

alex 7

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
The last 10 hours the battery saver is like the photo.... I've done more than 4 soft resets but nothing changed...

Any ideas before I have to do a hard reset???

Sent from my Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140502_0006.png
    wp_ss_20140502_0006.png
    104.7 KB · Views: 15

iliramove

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
You need to,charge it fully and let it sit on the charger for a while. The battery reading will reset itself.

Sent from my RM-875_apac_sea_220 using Tapatalk

alex 7

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I charge it fully and I let it on the charger about 10 minutes... I ll do it again and I will let our on the charger more...

Sent from my Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

Jare101

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Just returned my second 1020 for warranty.

First unit:
-Bottom speaker dead out of the box
-terrible light leaks from windows & search button
-creaking covers
-loose power button

Second unit:
-cover creaking like hell from every where even with very light grip

Third unit:
-I really hope it is okay when I go to pick it up. If they try to charge me money from "just cosmetical" issue - I will present them
Nokia Conversations blog where 1020 were hyped with """Luxurious feel"""....

Yeah, complete junk experience qualitywise so far.

hyunzal008

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
anyone experiences the bright "aura" like feeling coming from the lights indoor most of the time when taking pictures in auto mode?

jay6600

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone else experienced a subtle feeling of vibration when moving your finger across the metal camera disc while charging your phone?

Just checked on charge and NO, i carnt feel no vibrations around the camera disc area unless my fingers happen touch the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers