Nokia Lumia 1020 Bugs and Defects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica Reese

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I'm new here and I'm having an issue with my lumia 1020. This morning the screen froze while I was checking my gmail. This has happened once before when I'd left several apps running overnight. Thinking it was the same issue I did a soft reset by holding the volume down button and the power button for 15 seconds. The phone vibrated and turned off. I've since attempted to turn it back on with absolutely no response whatsoever. I thought at first that it might be the battery so I've had it on the charger for 6 hours now, just attempted to turn it on again with no luck. I tried a hard reset but the phone isn't responsive to me pressing any of the buttons.

any suggestions on next steps? Thanks in advance for the help

Genuine-Boy

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys

I dont know where to ask this question and finally I`m here !

I`m really tired of iphone 5s and its battery and camera

When do you think Microsoft releases new version of Lumia 1020 ??

Thanks

s young

May 13, 2014
Visit site
HAVING MAJOR STORAGE ISSUE.

Similar to the notorious "Other" folder storage issue, my "Photos" folder is full and taking up 29 gigs of space yet I have tried to hard reset, delete all content via mac to wp app, soft reset, storage manage, etc, blah blah. No matter how I wipe my phone the storage will not read as free. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP with any suggestions at all

hyunzal008

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Anyone having a problem with the constant changing of their time? for me i change it at night to the normal time and then sometimes in the morning it becomes a different time, messed up my alarm once -_- ( noticed this even before the wp 8.1 update)
i also have a problem with the internet, somehow it doesnt fully load facebook( the posts are there but no pictures/cant play video its like a half loaded page)

nerdyniko

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
I finally had to get a warranty replacement for my 1020. Phone is constantly freezing up. This was the problem even before I updated to 8.1, heck it was the problem even with my previous 925. At&t wont let me get a cheaper phone. I even told them to keep charging me the same amount just give me a cheaper phone! They said they couldn't. My sister was calling me because her water broke and went into labor at 1am yesterday! I didn't get text messages nor calls because my stupid Lumia froze AGAIN! It wasn't till 7am that I had to do a stupid hard reset to turn it on and received the all notifications! I'm done with this phone, it's a shame because it's such a lovely device. I'm stuck with this phone for 9 more months.....i will be counting the days (unless windows fixes the problem) my phone is burning hot as I'm typing this message! Uhg.....

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had any of those problems and am still loving my 1020! Even better with the 8.1 Dev Preview on it!

A Google Nexus? As a 1020 replacement?

Xertion3

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Yes. I went to the Nokia 1020 from the google ecosystem. Fell in love with my surface pro and mistakenly bought the Nokia 1020. Maybe I'll try resetting the device. I so wanted this to give me the same experience as my surf pro.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes. I went to the Nokia 1020 from the google ecosystem. Fell in love with my surface pro and mistakenly bought the Nokia 1020. Maybe I'll try resetting the device. I so wanted this to give me the same experience as my surf pro.

Mistakenly? The 1020 is the best phone I've ever owned, I don't know what was the matter with yours, but it sounds like it must have been defective or something. I have a Surface 2 (RT) myself (and a Win7 gaming desktop and a Win8 laptop) -the 1020 fits right in and flows perfectly with my Windows ecosystem. IMO, Windows Phone 8/8.1 is the most fluid and beautiful OS of all!

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site

Fell in love with the Surface yet posted via Tapatalk on an iPad?

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

carlosrdd

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I have dev preview on my 1020 and when I take a picture the phone freezes on the saving part and I have to reset it to get the camera to work again anyone else experiencing this?

dudeskee1325

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone noticed the weird thing that this phone does (along with my 920 before this) when you get a notification? Very seldom, I will get a notification and the screen will either not turn on all the way and show the bottom half with strange colors and black top half, or will come all the way on, but again have strange colors. Again this is only once and a while but its still kinda weird.

TheP90XGrad

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone noticed the weird thing that this phone does (along with my 920 before this) when you get a notification? Very seldom, I will get a notification and the screen will either not turn on all the way and show the bottom half with strange colors and black top half, or will come all the way on, but again have strange colors. Again this is only once and a while but its still kinda weird.

I have also experienced this just once in the two months I've had my 1020. It happened when I received a text notification. Just the bottom half of the screen showed tinted/darkened, while the upper half was pure black.

FORZa_PS

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
iv got a weird battery bug where the phone turns itself off when it thinks it is out of battery. but when I turn it back on, it has between 17 and 22% battery remaining

alex 7

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Well, I have a big problem with my Lumia 1020... The last month sometimes the phone freezes when its locked and doesnt responding... The only way is to do Soft Reset with the Power Button + Volume Down... The last 2 days it happened 3 times... I tried Hard reset but did it again...

Any ideas what it is??

Thank you :D

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I have also experienced this just once in the two months I've had my 1020. It happened when I received a text notification. Just the bottom half of the screen showed tinted/darkened, while the upper half was pure black.

If you have Glance enabled, this is because sometimes I think the phone forgets to switch between the low-power mode on the screen used for Glance and the higher-power mode for using the phone regularly

ptsh

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
My 1020 heating up for no reason.......and the battery % dropped drastically (100% to 0% in 30 min) even i didn't use the phone at all !!! Is it the problem with Win Phone 8.0 or hardware issue ?? anyone here having the same fate as me ? tqvm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss