Nokia Lumia 1020 Bugs and Defects

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffaz76

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue. It happened once every few weeks maybe with WP8. With 8.1 it happens every few days. I've tried hard resetting, without restoring, and been troubleshooting now for a month. Haven't been able to narrow it down to anything.
Well, I have a big problem with my Lumia 1020... The last month sometimes the phone freezes when its locked and doesnt responding... The only way is to do Soft Reset with the Power Button + Volume Down... The last 2 days it happened 3 times... I tried Hard reset but did it again...

Any ideas what it is??

Thank you :D

rQvsnaps

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue. It happened once every few weeks maybe with WP8. With 8.1 it happens every few days. I've tried hard resetting, without restoring, and been troubleshooting now for a month. Haven't been able to narrow it down to anything.

Have skype installed? Try removing it
Sounds weird, but I had these same problems. After a hard reset it seemed to be fixed, UNTIL i reinstalled skype.. Same night, the phone was frozen in the charger. I uninstalled skype, so far no freezes for 2 weeks.

jeffaz76

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I did have it installed, but I didn't reinstall after my latest hard reset. I had read that Skype could be an issue in other forums. However, I still had the same shutdown problem without Skype installed yesterday. My latest test is to keep wifi off. So far, one day with no issues.

Have skype installed? Try removing it
Sounds weird, but I had these same problems. After a hard reset it seemed to be fixed, UNTIL i reinstalled skype.. Same night, the phone was frozen in the charger. I uninstalled skype, so far no freezes for 2 weeks.

Notorious MIKE

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Since 8.1 been having a few issues with my 1020. Woke up this morning and it had frozen again, this has now happened 3 times in the last few weeks. I've just done a soft reset but now the battery is dead. DIdn't know the command for it before and had to wait until the battery died to get to use it again.

Phone has been really slow since 8.1, lots of 'Resuming...' Not happy at all. Only 9 months into a 2 year contract, not sure what to do. Can't deal with it for the remainder of the contract that's for sure. Hoping the full version of 8.1 and Lumia Cyan cure it. I love WP, but not sure I'd go for another high end model on an expensive contract to have it be constantly slow. Previously had a 720 and it only slowed when the memory was almost full, by which time I had 7.8 on it.

So do people think this is and 8.1 dev preview issue, the 1020 is just slow or a bit of both?

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Since 8.1 been having a few issues with my 1020. Woke up this morning and it had frozen again, this has now happened 3 times in the last few weeks. I've just done a soft reset but now the battery is dead. DIdn't know the command for it before and had to wait until the battery died to get to use it again.

Phone has been really slow since 8.1, lots of 'Resuming...' Not happy at all. Only 9 months into a 2 year contract, not sure what to do. Can't deal with it for the remainder of the contract that's for sure. Hoping the full version of 8.1 and Lumia Cyan cure it. I love WP, but not sure I'd go for another high end model on an expensive contract to have it be constantly slow. Previously had a 720 and it only slowed when the memory was almost full, by which time I had 7.8 on it.

So do people think this is and 8.1 dev preview issue, the 1020 is just slow or a bit of both?
Idk, my 1020 has been zippy fast since installing the 8.1DP. Have you done a hard reset after the update? If not, it really does help! Of course everything will run so much better once we get the Cyan firmware.

Notorious MIKE

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Idk, my 1020 has been zippy fast since installing the 8.1DP. Have you done a hard reset after the update? If not, it really does help! Of course everything will run so much better once we get the Cyan firmware.

I've not done a hard reset no, won't that wipe everything on the phone? Will wait for Cyan and if there's no improvement I'll get stuff backed up and do that. Shouldn't really need to do it.

willstoc

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
Or contact the local Microsoft Store. I went to the one in Park Meadows Mall in Denver and though no problems with my phone they took an hour to set it up and to advise me on how to use it. Must make an appointment for such help, and there is no charge.

Intrepid00

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
There is something wrong with 8.1 on 1020. I am at this point assuming it to be a need for Cyan. Eventually the phone slows and even browser tabs that normally would stay in memory are released as soon as you switch tabs. A power cycle fixes it.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
There is something wrong with 8.1 on MY 1020. .
(fixed that for you!)

People, doing a hard reset after the 8.1 DP update really does help. My newest 1020 (I broke one and had it replaced via insurance claim) is running buttery smooth after a fresh clean install and updated to 8.1DP and then another hard reset to clean all the junk files left over from all the updates etc.

There is nothing wrong with the 8.1 DP on a 1020. Runs perfect! Those of you who don't want to take the extra steps now, (doing the hard reset after updating) will have to wait till the Cyan firmware comes out.

Ashalinia

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I noticed that doing a soft reset while my phone is charging causes my 1020 to stop responding after I unlock it. This doesn't happen when I just turn it off or soft reset it off the charger though.

Intrepid00

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
(fixed that for you!)

People, doing a hard reset after the 8.1 DP update really does help. My newest 1020 (I broke one and had it replaced via insurance claim) is running buttery smooth after a fresh clean install and updated to 8.1DP and then another hard reset to clean all the junk files left over from all the updates etc.

There is nothing wrong with the 8.1 DP on a 1020. Runs perfect! Those of you who don't want to take the extra steps now, (doing the hard reset after updating) will have to wait till the Cyan firmware comes out.

I assume you are talking about no restore.

abelljms

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
:angry::angry::angry:post button is hidden

my nokia 1020 will no longer link to my win 8.1 pc - by string or bluetooth
tried also win 7 desktop - zilch
also tried win xp - zilch

poxy poxy phone

pddheeraj

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Guys, please help!

I take a lot of pictures & I have some editing apps in my phone like camera360 and others. Some photos are saved into the 'Camera roll' folder of the phone & some in 'Saved photos'.
Since i want to keep my photos organized, i move them into different folders, using my pc. But when i check my phone, the photos I move from the 'camera roll' folder do not show up in other folders, in the gallery. I can see the folder and the saved photos, but not the photos i moved from the camera roll folder.

Also, i edit the high resolution photos of the pro camera, on my PC, and then copy them onto my phone into different folders. But even these photos do not show in phone gallery.

Please tell me, how do i solve this.

Regards,

abelljms

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
1020 won't link to pc any more for files transfer using cable
yes i have re-booted phone, pc, my life, but it still won't connect
ditto using blue tooth

o_OAndys

May 1, 2014
Visit site
this is the second or third time this is happening. my phone wont make or recieve calls from my gf, who also has a nokia ( 1520 ) on the same carrier, same plan. it lasts all day.... even after several phone restarts, nothing. I'll only get one or two text messages,
out of dozens. the phone seems perfectly fine other then that. I'm running the 8.1 preview.

rumpelst

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
You are reading Lumia 1020 bugs and defects thread :). My 1020 with 8.1 pfd is working without any problem.

Sent from my RM-821_eu_poland_360 using Tapatalk

gunghu

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
hi guys!.. can you check if this is normal? when video recording, there is an unusual frame step/stutter/movement when you move the camera then suddenly stop it from moving. I think the OIS is not stable? thanks for any inputs

here's the video

I don't know how to explain it very well, I hope you get what I want to explain :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers