Nokia Lumia 1020 Bugs and Defects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
With Bluetooth not sure how you are doing it exactly.
With the cable a good buddy of mine had a similar issue. try testing the cable out with some other device for data transfer or a different working cable with your phone. you can find out if it ur cable or the hardware faulty.

As for Bluetooth tap on share on file of your choice. and on the comp click on Bluetooth and receive a file. that is the method I know about unless there are other ways to do it.

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
hi guys!.. can you check if this is normal? when video recording, there is an unusual frame step/stutter/movement when you move the camera then suddenly stop it from moving. I think the OIS is not stable? thanks for any inputs

here's the video

Now you have got me worried I can see same thing happen here but not sure if it is normal.

Nokia Lumia 1020 OIS Problem? - YouTube

I don't know how to explain it very well, I hope you get what I want to explain :)

Not sure if it is normal but looking at other videos on the net taken from Lumia1020 shows similar issue but in a subtle way.

Last edited:

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Guys, please help!

I take a lot of pictures & I have some editing apps in my phone like camera360 and others. Some photos are saved into the 'Camera roll' folder of the phone & some in 'Saved photos'.
Since i want to keep my photos organized, i move them into different folders, using my pc. But when i check my phone, the photos I move from the 'camera roll' folder do not show up in other folders, in the gallery. I can see the folder and the saved photos, but not the photos i moved from the camera roll folder.

Also, i edit the high resolution photos of the pro camera, on my PC, and then copy them onto my phone into different folders. But even these photos do not show in phone gallery.

Please tell me, how do i solve this.

Regards,
When connected to the PC and transferring photos see if you have copied it under 1 folder or folders within folders. If it is folders within folders try just one folder under the main folder for photos. After transfer check on phone it should be there.
On a lighter note WP8.1 ke aane tak "Dheeraj" Rakhna ( have patience till 8.1 update)

pddheeraj

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
When connected to the PC and transferring photos see if you have copied it under 1 folder or folders within folders. If it is folders within folders try just one folder under the main folder for photos. After transfer check on phone it should be there.
On a lighter note WP8.1 ke aane tak "Dheeraj" Rakhna ( have patience till 8.1 update)

Dear friend,
thanks for your suggestion.
i'm already running the WP8.1 developers preview, but it does not help.

I'll try to explain once more.
The photos i post on instagram and edit with camera360, get saved to the 'camera roll' folder. Using my PC, i move them to another folder on my phone. Now this new folder is in my 'pictures' folder in my phone, next to the 'camera roll' folder. I also move other pictures from other folders such as whatsapp photos and saved photos into this new folder. But once i disconnect the phone and check for the photos, i can only see the saved and whatsapp photos, but cannot see the instagram photos that i had moved to the new folder.

Is anyone else having the same problem?

kabick

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Everytime my lock screen comes on it freezes whole phone. If i do soft reset it unlocks it but as soon as lock screen comes on cant use it again. I don't really want to do a hard reset as too much stuff on phone to redo . How else can i stop phone freezing each time lock screen comes down??

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Dear friend,
thanks for your suggestion.
i'm already running the WP8.1 developers preview, but it does not help.

I'll try to explain once more.
The photos i post on instagram and edit with camera360, get saved to the 'camera roll' folder. Using my PC, i move them to another folder on my phone. Now this new folder is in my 'pictures' folder in my phone, next to the 'camera roll' folder. I also move other pictures from other folders such as whatsapp photos and saved photos into this new folder. But once i disconnect the phone and check for the photos, i can only see the saved and whatsapp photos, but cannot see the instagram photos that i had moved to the new folder.

Is anyone else having the same problem?
that i cant help you with bro. Hang in a little longer and I am certain one of the techsperts will say reset and/or hard reset the phone.

xptobola

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Good morning, my lumia In 1020 the sound in conversation is very low I can barely hear. I have the 8.1 preview does anyone have the same problem.

Spaha-BiH

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
recently i notice strange sound problem with camera on my lumia 1020
check this video and you?ll see what the problem is, how can i fix this?

charlie wax

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Good morning, my lumia In 1020 the sound in conversation is very low I can barely hear. I have the 8.1 preview does anyone have the same problem.
Hi. Same here. I have stock WP 8, and still the GSM calls are very silent when the volume is up on 10/10. This is a goddamn nonsense!!! I remeber on my L920, i had to turn the volume down on 5/10 during calls cause it was very loud. Still no solution whatsoever.
I've tried everything, soft reset, hard reset, flashing again Black firmware and still no luck. On Nokia's forums, someone said it could be bug with Nokias Black firmware and they said also it was just fine before it was released.

It's very hard to use this phone now as it was intended in the first place...to use it as a phone...

charlie wax

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

Same here damn it!!!
I'm on stock WP8.
Volume is too low while making GSM calls. It seems it is problem with Black firmware. Lot of people said before the black update it was ok.

It's very hard to use this phone as it was intended in the first place...to use it as a phone.

kellycsimpson

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
My Windows Phone's buttons on the side don't work and when I double tap the screen to try and slide up it doesn't respond either. It flashes the time every now and then but it only shows that I have received one text, and I know there are more that I have been sent. I am not receiving phone calls either.

Sawan Soni

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
battery drain 15% per hr :'( just using whataspp with wifi connection

all background app are off
key vibration off
2g network on
dim light (brightness)

xptobola

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Same here damn it!!!
I'm on stock WP8.
Volume is too low while making GSM calls. It seems it is problem with Black firmware. Lot of people said before the black update it was ok.

It's very hard to use this phone as it was intended in the first place...to use it as a phone.

Good afternoon,
After installing AMBER again, BLACK discovered that the problem is hardware, was an assistance and solved the problem in one hour under warranty. warranty.
Thank you

gowcoizer

May 31, 2014
Visit site
This was fabric and I was refused to replace my device so I disrespect since then Nokia and resellers since then. One month in service and it was returned with not lighten capacity buttons.

youtube.com/watch?v=4iCtDrEVozU&list

The next bug I think is the quiet earspeaker. It is just almost impossible sometimes to speak with someone. Only in extreme quite places. Do you have that kind of quet audio? Do you know is it hardware or software? I feel the phone as device to visit internet on the go, not a reliable device from the (G)lobal (S)ystem of (M)obile Communications.

Bruno Lemos

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
I have two big problems in my Lumia 1020 with DP 8.1:

1. USB connection. It keeps looping connecting and disconnecting the phone in the computer. The charger works well. (tested with a lot of cables and computers). I can't downgrade my phone because of it (last time I tried, my phone bricked)

2. Camera. The camera is unusable, it crashes / freezes when it tries to focus or turn on the Flash. It was not this way in 8.0, I hope Cyan will fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6