Nokia Lumia 1020 Bugs and Defects

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie wax

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Try to uninstall the drivers.
Then power off your phone, connect it to your pc/laptop and it will turn itself on and it will start to install drivers. It worked for me.
I hope it helps.
Sent from my Lumia 1020

Miska Hietala

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Anyone have had problem with screen "jumping" sometimes? For example when scrolling in website slowly, suddenly screen jumps back up about half website length.. Same in wpcentral app and forum there. I scroll bit and start reading post, then the text jumps back up without me even touching the screen. Waiting cyan if it fixes it. On 8.1 update 1 now, but have had the problem since the day I bought the device.
Sent from my NeverAndroidAgain**1020** via Tapatalk

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
recently i notice strange sound problem with camera on my lumia 1020
check this video and you?ll see what the problem is, how can i fix this?
WP 20140730 16 27 46 Pro VT1 - YouTube

I don't think it's a camera issue, but rather a microphone-speaker feedback problem. Other users have reported the same issue. I have posted a rather extensive way of checking/verifying if it indeed is a problem with the camera. Head to this link and check posts #33.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Anyone have had problem with screen "jumping" sometimes? For example when scrolling in website slowly, suddenly screen jumps back up about half website length.. Same in wpcentral app and forum there. I scroll bit and start reading post, then the text jumps back up without me even touching the screen. Waiting cyan if it fixes it. On 8.1 update 1 now, but have had the problem since the day I bought the device.
Sent from my NeverAndroidAgain**1020** via Tapatalk

Experienced that same "jump" with my L1020 in Weave New Reader.

S4b1n

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Camera doesn't work anymore (none of the apps). I think it is software related, it happened the same day i updated to 8.1. It worked the first time i opened the camera. I think it is software related because because Here Maps is having the same issues. Tried hard resets, rollback to 8.0 (didn't work on 8.0 either), update again to 8.1, still doesn't work. Very disappointed, considering the 8.1 update was an official one.

gowcoizer

May 31, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem and it was temporary. It appeared after update... my camera app turned me back to start screen anytime I've tried to open it and in some 2 weeks may be the phone fixed by itself, I did not had time to bring it to service for third time and I think it was something software. But even if it fixitself the low ear speaker remains low which keeps the phone rank "brick".

efsb

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
8.1 has fried my camera apps - they just go into limbo trying to save, or blank out completely. I used the recovery tool to rebuild the OS and Nokia Camera worked for all of two shots, then reverted back to not working. I'm not going to use them until there's an update/bug-fix to 8.1.....

xptobola

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I have two big problems in my Lumia 1020 with DP 8.1:

1. USB connection. It keeps looping connecting and disconnecting the phone in the computer. The charger works well. (tested with a lot of cables and computers). I can't downgrade my phone because of it (last time I tried, my phone bricked)

2. Camera. The camera is unusable, it crashes / freezes when it tries to focus or turn on the Flash. It was not this way in 8.0, I hope Cyan will fix it.
Tive um problema id?ntico, tenta ligar noutra porta usb, ou noutro computador. No meu caso resolveu.
tenho 8.1 cyan vodafone PT portugal.

Kryzzly

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
I too have a now broken camera on my 1020 two months after purchasing online. Since I live in Canada and bought it from the U.S, warranty isn't covered. I did a live chat the other day to Nokia and they said they had never heard of this problem. Smells fishy.

Hopefully enough noise will be made so MS and Nokia actually address this issue.

mickydale

Banned
Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I have been a longtime fan and supporter of Windows Phone and Nokia. I have urged others to try the OS and Nokia devices a and been mocked for my trying an enthusiasm. Today I am starting to understand why others laugh at the struggling platform and it's Nokia "smartphones".
I spent some time on Android devices and really didn't care for it much, mainly the lag that sets in a few months after its new... But Windows Phone is becoming the same way.
Last December I came back, with a phone I swore I would love (and did) the Lumia 1020. It wasn't long,a couple of weeks, before I noticed the update I had got shortly after had screwed up the phones main selling point: the camera.
After some research I realized I wasn't the only one, and it took alot of arguing, countless resets (Prompted by Nokia,Microsoft and Att) before I got another phone reissued to me. All, originally offered refurbished devices, but I adamantly declined due to the device being less then a month old. Needless to say, the one they replaced it with was just the same.. Virtually broken out of the box.
So, I had to do the same spiels all over again and eventually got another new device. This one perfect, but that sweet victory didn't last long. Soon the camera began to squeal and whine while shooting video and pics.... But then it quit whining like a pup who was about to get spanked for going in the house... It came and it went and I decided to live with it because thinking of going through what I had been through twice before, made my head hurt stomach nauseous. I mean its fine almost 90% of the time... I chalked it up to poor hardware and hoped the successor would be better.
Alas, the Cyan update!!! (Sarcasm) .. We all anxiously awaited this monster update that had been touted for months on end at every turn. I finally read the good news via WpCentral app yesterday but was apprehensive because of the other horror stories I'd read in forums.... I had heard ATT was slow to release the update due to bugs.. Guess what??? Yup, I got my update and now the camera is getting worse,and the bonus of a completely broken store. Its asking me to purchases apps I have already purchased... And when I go into the store under "my apps", the list is completely empty. So I logged in via a PC and it shows I have 2 phones, but most of my purchased apps are there... With an exception of some that that I am being shed to purchase again...weird!
I'm not new, I know what's going to asked of me before I contact support... And yes I have all my email purchase receipts...I rebooted, no help, I restarted... Nothing... I reverted back to factory using the Nokia Software Recovery tool.. And then updated, now I'm pissed and armed. ..
So I reach out to support via chat.... And they said they have others experiencing the same issues and they have no answers or fixes... They prompt me to reboot and if that doesn't work to revert back to 8.0 and then update.... Once I said these were not options because I have already tried them all... That chat turned nasty.... For lack if a better word or description the guy became a **** and refused to let me speak to or give me the info of someone I could call or call me ... Then he just disconnected me...
Long story , but the motto is DO NOT BUY WINDOWS/NOKIA... There is a reason they are losing the smartphone race... Poor build and horrible customer service... Once the check has cleared , so does their conscience!

Tony DeSouza

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
When using facebook mobile site, any photos posted are too big to view on screen. When I click on them they remain oversized, when the screen rotates they do the same thing and I can't scroll across, only way to see the photo is to download the photo. Is there a setting I can change to fix this?

gowcoizer

May 31, 2014
Visit site
I like the moto mickydale. I really really really really really really tried to give them chance too but they refuse to do the right thing. I even didn't get my defective device replaced with new. But I'm afraid It would be the same. DO NOT BUY NOKIA or Windows PHONE GUYS. You'll end up eventually with problems you can't solve or worst. You'll be ignored

shubham Pasricha

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I have noticed a problem with Lumia 1020 Camera while capturing video.

At night and indoor light, I started to take video (for 70min) and I faced 3 problems:

1- My battery was arround 87% and in 70min it went to 5.

Is that normal? I think 70min is short time for draining 87% charge.

2- The phone was much hot that you could fry eggs.

This is very bad. at the same time I was capturing with a Galaxy Note 3 too, but that didn't feel warm.

3- The worst thing. The video is very very noisy. compaired to Note 3's quality in 13MP, the 41MP of 1020 is 0 in the video i captured.

Some screenshot from the videos of both phones are attached from the same location. I wanted to post the videos but I can't.

I don't know is that a hardware problem or software, but it is really bad. It doesn't look like 41MP phone has captured the video.

Let me know something about those problem

Heather Gelabert

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Updated OS made most of my apps on my lumia 1020 stop working!

:angry:Just got the new update for the OS yesterday, and now almost nothing works! You click on a tile or an app, and it acts like it's going to open, but then it opens right back to where you were. Internet explorer and phone calls still work, but NOTHING else., pandora, breaking news, nbc news, weather radar, none of these work! Help!!!

agentmikeyd99

Banned
Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Updated OS made most of my apps on my lumia 1020 stop working!

:angry:Just got the new update for the OS yesterday, and now almost nothing works! You click on a tile or an app, and it acts like it's going to open, but then it opens right back to where you were. Internet explorer and phone calls still work, but NOTHING else., pandora, breaking news, nbc news, weather radar, none of these work! Help!!!

Yep me too!! This is a mess. Constantly showing can't connect to network for apps too. What gives???

Heather Gelabert

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Updated OS made most of my apps on my lumia 1020 stop working!

Any word on this? each day that passes, the fewer apps that work, my phone is like a brick right now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb