Nokia Lumia 1020 Bugs and Defects

Status
Not open for further replies.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else experience these dark bars (not just lines) across photos? I've been experiencing this at random (out of the 2000+ photos I've taken, only 5 had this bug). I was trying to document a late 19th century (~1880s) barometer by taking some photos of it - this was the first test shot. Beside the barometer is a 1910 Elgin Open-Face Pocket Watch.
WP_20140914_22_19_35_Pro.jpg

Birhang Limbu

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
If I'm on battery saver and airplane mode and not using the phone it drains maybe 1% per hour. Your results are not typical. Something is wrong with the phone. Unless you are playing games on it or something, the phone should not drain like that when on battery saver and airplane. Try rebooting and closing apps.

So I did a hard reset, been 2 days.
Airplane mode off, battery saver to only activate when 30 percent and almost everything running on background.
Have only preinstalled apps.

That being sad, now discharge near 3% per hour.
And yes there has been a pretty big improvement, before reset, it showed 19 hours remaining in Battery Saver.
Now it's 1 day 18 hours, though for some reason after a day, it dropped to 1 day 7 hours.

Have I hit the normal mode? or?

:unhappysweat:

jagdeep chohan

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Help with weird Battery Behavior?

Mine does not charges to full 100%. Maximum charge it gets is 95%, and I need to have soft reset or switch off the phone to get it charged.
Another problem I have is that the battery saver does not dim the screen brightness nor it lights off capacative buttons. (Lumia 1020)

Birhang Limbu

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site

Mine does not charges to full 100%. Maximum charge it gets is 95%, and I need to have soft reset or switch off the phone to get it charged.
Another problem I have is that the battery saver does not dim the screen brightness nor it lights off capacative buttons. (Lumia 1020)

Dear good sir, I'd recommend a hard reset.

thedackman

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Every now and then, after opening the camera and pressing the camera button, the 1020's camera gets stuck (mechanical shutter doesn't close, camera apps don't work) and requires a restart. This is annoying. Any solution? This started to happen after black, now on 8.1 DP

Did anyone ever find a fix for this?

blkvzgo

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site

The second issue is related to the Cyan update, and people report having it on other devices as well, not just Lumia 1020. It's most likely caused by one of the recent updates to Display or Battery Saver.

El_CidCampeador

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site

Hello,

After updating to Cyan my Lumia 1020 cannot hold on to a WiFi connection for more than a few minutes before switching to Limited and then to no WiFi at all . Sometimes it just reboots by itself after that, some times it doesn't. Any attempt to turn it on gives me the dreaded messages "Can't do this right now... blah blah blah". To power it off I usually have to do a soft reset or it will just boot by itself.
I have tried all kinds of resets, but the end result is the same...

Anybody else experiencing the same problem?

goldfish200

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site

My Nokia Lumia 1020 is nearly 1 year old and has been great, but since Cyan update it turns itself off at least once a day, and needs soft reset to restart. Very frustrating. I can't use the nokia software tool as my computer is a MAC and it doesn't work on there. When are Nokia/microsoft going to do something about this?

Birhang Limbu

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site

My Nokia Lumia 1020 is nearly 1 year old and has been great, but since Cyan update it turns itself off at least once a day, and needs soft reset to restart. Very frustrating. I can't use the nokia software tool as my computer is a MAC and it doesn't work on there. When are Nokia/microsoft going to do something about this?

I would recommend a Hard Reset? Sorry. Last resort.

And dear friend if you don't mind me asking. I've a 2 week old 1020.
Could you or anybody else here, share with me what's the estimated time shown in full charge under Battery Saver?

Thank you so much.

wischmob

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, today I dropped my Lumia 1020 from about half a meter within a case. So it's shouldn't be a big deal. But now, when I turn on the screen it become immediately black again. The screen is on for half a second. Glance works fine, too. So the screen isn't broken. But when it's not the screen, what is broken?

lumengi

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I have a Lumia 1020 and I have problems with my camera. I download the app Nokia Camera (pro camera) and when I take photos with the external button, the phone starts to take them but never ends, only when a leave the app the camera stops, like a sequence of photos. So I can?t take a single one with the external button. Only if I use the screen, I can do it. How can I configure this buttom?

saboganunes

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I am very frustrated with this situation: I have a 1020 and wanted to use my pc to manage text messages, as I send a lot of bulk messages (3.000 at a time) with my business. How to do it with the 1020? tkyou

Emilin123

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
for about a month i?m having this issue with My L1020?s Camera. when I lunch the app by presing the camera buttoms and when I try to take a pic the camera is processing the image and it wont stop and the camera remains open, Drawning the Batery SMH,
The camera Does not close even if I turn off the phone, launch the camera app again and NADA. so what i do is to lunch 6tag to try to take a picture and then the camera Close the lens. its really bad .
Does anyody has the same problem??

plus, this xbox Music app Sucks!, When im on Vine/6tag or Youtube and when I try to play some music, The app doesnt load well, so i have to close EVERY app and then play music...

It?s the only 2 things i hate on my 1020

Vanquish00

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Yup. I just saw this yesterday for the first time. It may have to do with that couple of flashes from Xeon Flash and CMOS camera being out of sync. It's called Rolling Shutter. A quick google for "Rolling shutter flash" and I found a close example of it here: WorldWideWeb.dvinfo.NET/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-cinealta/145389-rolling-shutter-flash-again-sorry.html

Since this is my first post, I can't add links. Sorry for the dumb looking "link."

IrelandCeltic

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I've been having the same problem; very annoying.

I take a picture, but it says "Saving image..." or whatever indefinitley along the top of the screen. If I close the app, the image isn't saved and I can't take any pictures in any app. I have to turn the phone off and on again. It seems to vary how often this happens, but usually every day or so, sometimes more often. Makes it very annoying.

Deutscher2

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I've been having the same problem; very annoying.

I take a picture, but it says "Saving image..." or whatever indefinitley along the top of the screen. If I close the app, the image isn't saved and I can't take any pictures in any app. I have to turn the phone off and on again. It seems to vary how often this happens, but usually every day or so, sometimes more often. Makes it very annoying.
I hope the Denim-Update will fix this problem. Before Windows Phone 8.1 there was not such bug.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Just updated to Cyan under developer preview a few (23) hours ago. I noticed that my phone clock was reset to PST automatically. This cause my quiet hours to be off by several hours, but then I simply changed the time manually (my time zone was unchanged at GMT+8). Later, I again noticed that the time stamp in the notification center was in PST (i.e. I received the notification at 4PM but the notification time stamp is 1AM). This is despite having my phone clock set correctly for my location. A simple restart of the phone fixed the issue.

Anyone else notice this?

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I bought a new 1020 yellow.i have before that a black 1020 German rom.the new is with Spain rom.the problem is with mobile data between 2g and 3g. When I change to 3g from 2g is take over 5 minutes to 3g icon H appear on the screen.anyone with the same problem? With my last black 1020 I don't have that problem.maybe is rom problem?
i notice also i have a setting that i havent on german rom. "for limited wifi connectivity" thats very weird..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb