Nokia Lumia 1020 Bugs and Defects

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
My 1020 takes to long to snap a picture, I've looked for a setting w can't find how to adjust the time lapse. On my 920 I could take a quick picture at the moment of my grandson, I bought the 1020 to get better pictures and there's at least a 2-4 second delay when I take the picture and I miss it totally, am I doing something wrong? It shouldn't be like that, kinda defeats the whole purpose of me upgrading. It's idiotic. Help please

That's the way it is. Unfortunately.

A solution:

Use Microsoft Camera app instead of Lumia. It open very quickly and the autofocus is very quick. I use this app to photograph my daughter and I rarely miss shots.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
What delay are you referring to? If it is the high resolution camera launch time, the 3.25-second long delay is normal. If it is shutter response, i.e. the camera takes a photo several seconds after the shutter is pressed while being already inside the camera app, then that is not normal.

If you want faster camera launch times, you may use the default Microsoft Camera app (not the Lumia Camera app), but your shots will be limited to 5MP only. All camera apps that use the 41MP sensor of the L1020 launch at around 3.25 seconds. All other camera apps that use only 5MP out of the 41MP launch faster.

shielahswshielah

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
What delay are you referring to? If it is the high resolution camera launch time, the 3.25-second long delay is normal. If it is shutter response, i.e. the camera takes a photo several seconds after the shutter is pressed while being already inside the camera app, then that is not normal.

If you want faster camera launch times, you may use the default Microsoft Camera app (not the Lumia Camera app), but your shots will be limited to 5MP only. All camera apps that use the 41MP sensor of the L1020 launch at around 3.25 seconds. All other camera apps that use only 5MP out of the 41MP launch faster.

Yes, after the camera app is open , I push the button or tap the screen and it takes a few seconds to actually take the picture by that time I miss it. Is that normal? Never had that issue with my 920, I switched from using Lumia app BC when I went to crop a picture it wilder let me choose what app I wanted to use to edit.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Yes, after the camera app is open , I push the button or tap the screen and it takes a few seconds to actually take the picture by that time I miss it. Is that normal? Never had that issue with my 920, I switched from using Lumia app BC when I went to crop a picture it wilder let me choose what app I wanted to use to edit.

If you see a blinking white circle (with a smaller square with smoothened edges in the center of the circle) after tapping the screen or pressing the shutter button before the photo is taken, then the delay is caused by the camera trying to focus on your subject first and then taking the photo. Auto-focusing can take anywhere from less than a second to around five seconds depending on the brightness and detail integrity of the subject.

To compensate for this delay, I usually half-press the shutter button on the subject I want to photograph and only then press the shutter once the event I want to photograph presents itself. This way, the camera would already be focused by the time I want to take the shot. Alternatively, you can manually set the focus of the camera so that it will take the photo immediately as soon as you tap the screen or press the shutter button fully.

I didn't have a L920, so I'm not sure why you're experiencing this only in the L1020... especially since the apps are the same. The only noticeable differences between these two phones should be the start time and the time to process the image... not the time to take the image.

anon(9263333)

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Also, my 1020 works fine. But, as on yours, when I have a bright coloured blank screen, there are icons for email, facebook, and at the foot of the screen - a search box, or url box, complete with the three dots and refresh(?) buttons. My last Lumia, was an unlocked 800. It didn't have these issues. However, this 1020 is locked to 3 network, who say that it has nothing to do with it being a locked phone. Despite them not having a clue what I'm talking about.
The thing is, I can't take a screenshot of the ghostly icons, as they don't show in the taken photograph, or videos. I'd just like some answers as to why they're visible all the time.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Also, my 1020 works fine. But, as on yours, when I have a bright coloured blank screen, there are icons for email, facebook, and at the foot of the screen - a search box, or url box, complete with the three dots and refresh(?) buttons. My last Lumia, was an unlocked 800. It didn't have these issues. However, this 1020 is locked to 3 network, who say that it has nothing to do with it being a locked phone. Despite them not having a clue what I'm talking about.
The thing is, I can't take a screenshot of the ghostly icons, as they don't show in the taken photograph, or videos. I'd just like some answers as to why they're visible all the time.

Definitely sounds like a screen burn. You can download any phone utility app that allows you to test the display of your phone, such as Wipe or Diagnostics Toolset*. In Diagnostics Toolset, just cycle through the different colors (Red, Blue, Green, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, White, Black) repeatedly until the "burned image" disappears.

*- I could not access the store from my browser so I can't post hyperlinks to the apps - Chrome says it has a "redirect loop", and clearing the cache didn't fix it. But that's another story.

shielahswshielah

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Glance screen turned off in settings but still on when I wake my 1020... Why it wasn't there a week ago... Also sounds for apps/notifications turned all the way down and still I get a 6am fully charged sound notification that I don't want.

Robert van Veen

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Only thing I have found after 7+ months of use is when I twinpair the phone with my bluetooth handsfree along with my work phone. Once paired it will turn of my bluetooth device! Weird, but I can live with it. It wouldn't connect to my parrot carkit either, but this was solved after updating the carkit.
Anybody with an idea on the twinpairing? I only have one headset so can't test it with another (sennheizer vx-200).

joshua diaz2

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
My 1020 the past week as been closing apps as I open them. Basically all app, especially twitter and music, when I try to open them, it does a loading page and then force closes. Its really annoying, its becoming more frequent

fluffyowl

May 17, 2014
Visit site
My 1020 the past week as been closing apps as I open them. Basically all app, especially twitter and music, when I try to open them, it does a loading page and then force closes. Its really annoying, its becoming more frequent

Have you tried turning your phone off and on again? It works for me whenever my 1020 bogs down to that level. After the restart everything is so smooth there's no "loading..." or even "resuming..." :D

fluffyowl

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried turning your phone off and then back on again? It seems to work for my 1020 when it bogs down to that level. After turning it off and on again, my 1020 is buttery smooth with almost no "Loading..." or "Resuming..." when opening apps. It lasts for about a week before it becomes slow again and I have to turn it off and on again.

joshua diaz2

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried turning your phone off and then back on again? It seems to work for my 1020 when it bogs down to that level. After turning it off and on again, my 1020 is buttery smooth with almost no "Loading..." or "Resuming..." when opening apps. It lasts for about a week before it becomes slow again and I have to turn it off and on again.

Yeah that used to work for me but now if I turn it off and on it doesn't help. Even if I soft reset it, the resuming and loading doesn't go away.

fluffyowl

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Oh noes! That might be the fate of my 1020 soon. ): If I ever reached to the point where apps will not open even after a reboot of the phone, I would hard reset it and see if that fixes the problem. Maybe give it a try?

joshua diaz2

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Oh noes! That might be the fate of my 1020 soon. ): If I ever reached to the point where apps will not open even after a reboot of the phone, I would hard reset it and see if that fixes the problem. Maybe give it a try?

I was thinking the same thing, but I really dont want to hard reset for a couple reasons. Hoping it will fix with the next update.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
That has happened with my L1020 a few weeks before it died - now it is for repair under warranty. At first I couldn't load some apps, then the number kept growing until I couldn't open even my native email and Photo Hub. As a general "fix", I decided to restart my phone and my L1020 said, "Goodbye," for the last time. Powering it up returned "ERROR: Couldn't find bootable option. Press any key to shut down." Lumia Software Recovery Tool didn't work.

I think I know what caused the error - my phone was plugged in while restarting (but that shouldn't happen regardless!). But just as a precaution to all L1020 users, don't leave your phone plugged in while restarting (I think I've read in the fora that other members also left their phone plugged in shortly before they encountered the fatal error mentioned).

Ollie Moreton

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
Recently the screen on my Nokia Lumia decided to turn off, without me dropping or damaging the phone in any way. The buttons on the phone still work as I can feel them vibrate but the display is not showing. Has anyone had the same fault and know how to fix this? Thanks, I have tried restarting the phone but to no success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos