Nokia Lumia 1020 Bugs and Defects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief De Beers

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
Hi there folks wondering if anyone can offer suggestions:

Purchased Nokia Lumia 1020 off ebay (replacement for owner that broke first one).

Device itself seems ok - but camera wont start - which I could see had been known issue but I just cant fix it. Thinking maybe phone is broken.

Things I've tried unsuccessfully...

1. Reset camera option and restart.

2. Soft reset and reset time/date.

3. Hard reset.

4. Updating software on phone (I'm told I'm up to date).

4. Windows Device Recovery Tool - if I try this whilst the phone is connected I get 'Package not available for this device (note my firmware version is - 3051.50009.1451.1003)

5. If using Windows Device Recovery Tool - I unplug phone and say 'My Device Was Not Detected ' and try to run tool - I receive message:
Software available on server:
Firmware version: 3051.50009.1451.1001
Operating system version: 9651.14226

If I try to install this and download packages - I get message 'Operation ended with failure'

I'm pretty well out of options save returning.

Just wondered if there's any other tricks known? Many thanks.

Meant to say if I look at current versions on phone:
OS version: 8.10.14226.359
Firware version: 3051.50009.1451.1003

hoyoyo80

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Me too facing the same prob..my lumia keep rebooting especially when surf and sometimes with camera...want to revert to wp8.1 and send for warranty:( but the package is not available.

Roxy Bella Cavalier

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
I have tried everything to get my Lumia 1020 to recognize my SIM card for the service I normally use. I was recently in Switzerland and used a SIM card over there. When I put my normal one in, it didn't work. I got a new one from my service provider and it still comes up with the error message (no SIM or invalid). I tried to Nokia Recovery Tool but Windows did not recognize my device. Hard reset didn't work. Now I am trying to find an authorized service center. I can't even find that!! My phone is 11 months old. Can anyone give me info about finding an authorized service center??

Vijay Yadav4

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
I bought nokia lumia 1020 one year before. From begning speaker phone not working. Now the MIC problem appears. When we call my sound not listen clearly to other party, How & where I can rectify this problem.

bectionary

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site

Purchased Nokia Lumia 1020 off ebay (replacement for owner that broke first one).

Device itself seems ok - but camera wont start - which I could see had been known issue but I just cant fix it. Thinking maybe phone is broken.

3. Hard reset.

4. Windows Device Recovery Tool - if I try this whilst the phone is connected I get 'Package not available for this device (note my firmware version is - 3051.50009.1451.1003)

5. If using Windows Device Recovery Tool - I unplug phone and say 'My Device Was Not Detected ' and try to run tool - I receive message:

If I try to install this and download packages - I get message 'Operation ended with failure'

Hi, did you get a response for this issue? I'm new to the forum and I've searched but cant find any replies and I'm having the same problem. I'm borrowing my sisters' Lumia 1020 and the camera app just wont initialize :(

Marlon Bu

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes when I'm taking a pic with the main camera, the camera freezes and the shutter doesn't close. Than I have to restart the phone to get the camera working again. I often have this bug after using front facing camera. But I still didn't find solution.

RaulAlexandre

Nov 6, 2016
Visit site

3. Hard reset.

Tambem passo pelo mmesmo problema.
Ja tentei tudo isso que voc? fez e nada .

meu firmware Firware version: 3051.50009.1451.1001
Brazil

Acho que o problema ? Hardware da camera, s? fazendo substitui??o do mesmo.
N?o vejo outra alternativa

Dimi94

Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Hi from Romania,

I purchased my Nokia Lumia 1020 plus Camera Grip, AC-60 charger and Nillkin rubberized plastic case for around $150 and I discovered has a focusing problem best described in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U300-7WoHP0
First issue persists after soft and hard reset.

and a Xenon flash best described in this post: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...m/e31eb799-880b-4088-868c-7406e47bc2d0?auth=1

Second issue occurred before the hard reset, now it hasn't occurred yet...

I took some photos of my laptop screen, as clean as possible :), at full brightness and displaying some fullscreen AIDA64 Monitor test patterns and colors.
I took the shots as stable as I could, in a dark room and obviously with no flash.
The pictures were took as follows: four per pattern - one at no zoom and one fully zoomed in, both of them in 5 MP JPEG and 34 MP DNG format
Patterns are as follows:
- Moire (dots);
- Vertical lines;
- Horizontal lines;
- Red, green, blue, white and black screen.

Is there any possibility that someone can reproduce my entire or partial testing procedure to determine if your cameras work as designed or not???

Any help I will greatly appreciate, if my camera and flash modules are damaged, I can only replace them, but I may not afford the shipping to Romania...

Links:
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...253Ag%253AC9YAAOSw%257E1FUX3BN&token=9sOWoGMX

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...35c%253Ag%253AsPsAAOSw0QFXCBwj&token=kezJapSa

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...825%253Ag%253AP6IAAOSwPcVVsHft&token=ZVLP-x3z

P.S.: I forgot to mention that the only app I use after the hard reset is Flashlight PWA by Dominik Ernst, which does not activate the camera's very subtle and fine rattle when it's active and opens its shutter like most other flashlight apps!

I will post an OneDrive link after I upload all the photos!

Update: https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AB0zSNeeokoy3is&id=D53C8862B828338F!4989&cid=D53C8862B828338F

Last edited:

Marlon Bu

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Often the Camera freezes after shooting a Photo on my 1020 with Windows 10. Now I discovered, that with Airplane Mode on, the Camera don't freeze after taking photo. The saving process is also faster in Airplane Mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre