Lumia 1020 for Canada?

Kerry Swartz

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Negri . . . ordered Friday, here today. Put in Bell SIM card, everything works right out of the box. They even stated an invoice price half of value for reduced GST.

codo27

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Yes, everything works so far on Koodo although I haven't tried nav yet, but I believe an earlier post mentioned that there is now maps for Canada. I cant say enough about the phone. I consistently get about 2 days out of a charge with regular use, and with a lot of photography I still get much better results than I ever did on my galaxies. Interestingly enough, in the about phone section its listed as the 909. Just be sure to get the APN info from your carrier if data isn't working automatically.

trickym81

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Negri . . . ordered Friday, here today. Put in Bell SIM card, everything works right out of the box. They even stated an invoice price half of value for reduced GST.
I'm tempted to do the same. Is there any difference between this phone and the one that will be released on Rogers in October?

Kerry Swartz

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Don't know except that it won't have the ATT logo printed on the upper left hand corner of the screen. Might also have Rogers bloatware on it like the ATT did.

trickym81

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Since it's technically an AT&T device, I assume updates would be coming from AT&T?
They seem to be pretty slow at providing updates.....

ferazzz1985

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site

Im surprised! I have had nothing but problem with Rogers and my APNs! Cant get picture messaging to work nor open up email with pictures attached and very limited LTE! Lucky you

MobileGorilla

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Woohoo! Just reserved the Lumia 1020 on Rogers - thanks to WPCentral for the news! Opted for the black Lumia and includes the free black camera grip. Now, it's just "hurry up and wait"

lsquare

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Woohoo! Just reserved the Lumia 1020 on Rogers - thanks to WPCentral for the news! Opted for the black Lumia and includes the free black camera grip. Now, it's just "hurry up and wait"

Do you know if I can pre-order the phone to purchase at full price? Unfortunately I just started a new contract and I will have to buy the phone if I want it.

MobileGorilla

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Rogers has posted $199 for the Nokia Lumia 1020 on a 2 year flex plan on their web page. I still have balance left on my Lumia 900 and I'll have to pay that off before upgrading and starting another flex plan with their Rogers Smartphone Freedom Advantage. Here's the link to the Lumia 1020, but hidden with from the horizontal sliding image. They haven't posted the price of the phone itself without a plan :(

allos autos

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Rogers has posted $199 for the Nokia Lumia 1020 on a 2 year flex plan on their web page. I still have balance left on my Lumia 900 and I'll have to pay that off before upgrading and starting another flex plan with their Rogers Smartphone Freedom Advantage. Here's the link to the Lumia 1020, but hidden with from the horizontal sliding image. They haven't posted the price of the phone itself without a plan :(

If you call Rogers's customer service line and get through to the retention department, you can probably argue down your remaining balance. When the 920 came out I simply asked for a reduction and they gave me 50% off--no arguing needed.

MAERSK

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Do you know if I can pre-order the phone to purchase at full price? Unfortunately I just started a new contract and I will have to buy the phone if I want it.

IIRC people that wanted to do that with the 920 had to buy a $50 prepaid plan with at least one month or something like that. I figure they'll do the same with the 1020?

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Has anyone reserved and got a release date? Seems strange getting people to order a phone with no indication when it will be available.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)