Lumia 1020 for Canada?

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
with the news of GDR3 due in a few month, I'm kind of wondering if Rogers went to Nokia and Microsoft and told them to make them a 1028 with GDR3 on board so they can shove a newer processor and orientation lock on to it instead...? (crossing fingers, if that is the case. would make the wait much more tolerable)

Noob1ee

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
with the news of GDR3 due in a few month, I'm kind of wondering if Rogers went to Nokia and Microsoft and told them to make them a 1028 with GDR3 on board so they can shove a newer processor and orientation lock on to it instead...? (crossing fingers, if that is the case. would make the wait much more tolerable)

If that was true, I'd swap my lumia 920 for the 1020 in a heart beat!

Knowing Rogers though.........:cry:

codo27

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Mine arrived from Negri today, factory unlocked. Was a little nervous with the AT&T branding but sure enough, works fine with my koodo sim.

trickym81

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Mine arrived from Negri today, factory unlocked. Was a little nervous with the AT&T branding but sure enough, works fine with my koodo sim.
Does everything on it work?

I'm tempted to go this route, especially if the phone doesn't end up coming to Canada. I'll try waiting another month or so and hope more info comes out, but it's nice knowing that this is an option.

fc000

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Does everything on it work?

I'm tempted to go this route, especially if the phone doesn't end up coming to Canada. I'll try waiting another month or so and hope more info comes out, but it's nice knowing that this is an option.

The 1020 was just announced for Rogers today (only details is sometime in October), but like codo27, I ordered a white 1020 from Negri and am using it on Rogers.

After providing it with the Rogers LTE APN, and using the nokia "access point" app to switch it over to Rogers network settings, it works perfectly (including wifi hotspot). The only AT&T branding is visible on boot, which is very quick, and the tiny logo on the face that isn't blatant like on other devices.

MobileGorilla

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Yesss! I was at the Microsoft Store in Bellevue Square last week and was impressed how light the 1020 was compared to my 900. Hoping Rogers releases this early in October before my trip to Japan. Maybe I can ditch my DSLR and go light this time.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I've tweeted Bell and asked...Hey what about you, will you carry the 1020???...Guess what no answer lol!

I guess that I will swtich since now I will have two options for carriers!

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
So a question for Canadian residents, can you recommend an online retailer to buy the Rogers 1020 from that ships to the US? I know of Negri and ebay of course but would like to check other options as it is likely to be expensive if there are only 1 or 2 sources. Thanks.

hcrick

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I'll wait for others to chime in, but I doubt anything from Canada is going to be significantly cheaper for you. I'm assuming you're looking for an unlocked unit out of the box from a reputable company and not something off of Craigslist or Kijiji...

trickym81

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
just went to Visions today and apparently if you order any smart phone that is more than 200 dollars you get 100 dollar credit, so if the 1020 is priced at that, im going to get it through them :) (just thought you guys would like to know)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99