Lumia 1020 for Canada?

frithy

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
If you call Rogers's customer service line and get through to the retention department, you can probably argue down your remaining balance. When the 920 came out I simply asked for a reduction and they gave me 50% off--no arguing needed.

Yea, they wont do that anymore... trust me on this. If he's got like 6 months left, they MIGHT waive that portion, but anything higher than that I can save you the time and say don't bother.

MobileGorilla

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Just picked my Lumia last Friday, October 4th and it is quite the upgrade from my Lumia 900 - more storage, lighter, faster screen response and LTE seems faster, and much more vibrant since I switched to the yellow version!

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Got mine on Friday :)

$599 no contract (Rogers model) from Microsoft Store. Unlocked it for $20 from mobileincanada to use on Telus. Cheapest way to go!
Awesome phone!

pipe7

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

$599 no contract (Rogers model) from Microsoft Store. Unlocked it for $20 from mobileincanada to use on Telus. Cheapest way to go!
Awesome phone!

Good deal. I got charged $650. Also heard from others that they paid $725 at Rogers too. ?!?

allos autos

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Just picked my Lumia last Friday, October 4th and it is quite the upgrade from my Lumia 900 - more storage, lighter, faster screen response and LTE seems faster, and much more vibrant since I switched to the yellow version!

Were you able to get your remaining contract discounted through Rogers's retention department?

ElNino77

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Same for me... upgraded from a 900 to the 1020. Except since I'm boring, I stuck with black. ;-)

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I just got my 1020 today! :) (yellow) I got it from Blacks, if anyone is interested, they are offering free camera grip plus 2000 free prints of photos for a Telus contract at 199 (70 dollar contract min)
MS store has the promotion for the grip as well, but no 2000 free photo prints

ea2099

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Just wondering how all you hosers are liking your 1020 up here in the Great White North, eh?

I am very close to buying the 1020 at BestBuy and unlocking it to work with Bell. Are there any other locations to consider to make an outright (no contract) purchase?

Any issues to report with the unlocking process or performance of the 1020 (especially from Bell users)?

Appreciate the feedback.

StandardToaster

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
I bought my 1020 at a Microsoft store, which was sold as a Rogers locked phone. Unfortunately they wouldn't unlock it. I ended up getting it unlocked with the second cell unlocking website I tried. If you want the addy I can pm it to you. I would try going to a Telus or Rogers and buying it outright, as they should unlock it for you if you buy it full price as per CRTC's website.

I'm with Bell and don't have any issues with the phone. Only that its freaking awesome and really takes great pics! One issue I had when it was unlocked was the apn settings and stuff. I forget the exact name, but use the Nokia apn setting app. Search it out in the store, when you download it it disappears from your phone list. Otherwise I'd tell you the name.

Have fun and good luck, its worth unlocking!

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Loving the L1020 on Rogers especially running 8.1 with the exceptional battery improvements and feature additions.

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
did you really mean 'hosers'...? I got my money's worth with my 1020 already, it's taken multiple great looking photos when I didn't have my wife's DSLR (yes... my wife's... ain't mine) everything in 8.1 is making it stick to my hands even more too, I do get the occasional stutter though, not sure what's causing it, but love the photos it's taken

oh and side bonus is now I get to take photos of those tiny words on some equipment and hard to reach places and actually be able to read the damn words

ea2099

May 22, 2014
Visit site

Awesome phone!

FYI, I went to unlock my new 1020 with mobilecanada yesterday and they told me they cannot unlock the phone (from Rogers). Anyone have any other unlock sites that I should consider?

ea2099

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I will try unlock.gsmcanada ... but I have already tried three other services with no success (unlockcoderepublic.com, cellunlocker.net and mobileincanada.com).

Weird. The phone will probably have to be returned. Not even Rogers could get the unlock code for me ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss