Lumia 1020 for Canada?

MobileGorilla

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I didn't hear Canada mentioned in today's announcement but if the 1020 will be available for AT&T then I'm assuming and hoping it will be available for Rogers network? Anyways, really hoping to see the Lumia 1020 make it's way up north!

Fingers-crossed!

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Hoping so too but the absence of any Canadian carrier being mentioned suggests they werent willing to take it on due to the cost. Looks like a Euro import for me, guess I'll go for the 64GB while I'm at it. :)

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
None of the carriers even picked up the 925.

Maybe the rumors are true that the Canadian carriers are trying hard to push BB as the #3 and neglecting WP in the process.

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site

Maybe the rumors are true that the Canadian carriers are trying hard to push BB as the #3 and neglecting WP in the process.
If true, and it wouldn't surprise me, it'd be an incredibly short-sighted move as pushing BB as the #3 will only - at best - happen in Canada and a few other markets. The rest of the world will keep on moving, and the only ones to support BB instead of WP are going to be Canadian vendors, whereas key global apps will sit with the top 2 or 3 in the world.

MobileGorilla

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Maybe if Nokia can get an excludive Red one out for Rogers, because I see the red Lumia 920's images used in many Rogers ads but at the same time like At&t haven't done a great job of pushing the device at the retail level.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Maybe if Nokia can get an excludive Red one out for Rogers, because I see the red Lumia 920's images used in many Rogers ads but at the same time like At&t haven't done a great job of pushing the device at the retail level.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

TBH no US carrier has promoted WP well in any form on the retail floor, but at least at a corporate level at&t is the most committed US carrier. However as the current trend is I expect most sales of the 1020 to come from outside the US, but with at&t they at least have a US presence.

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I wish that those of us in Canada could purchase unlocked devices directly from Nokia for use on Bell, Telus, and Rogers. Too bad that the Microsoft store won't sell unlocked devices either.

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

This is an interesting point. Strangely I see people with Z10's all over and can't believe it. However, I see much less of blackberry than I used to.

lsquare

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I wish that those of us in Canada could purchase unlocked devices directly from Nokia for use on Bell, Telus, and Rogers. Too bad that the Microsoft store won't sell unlocked devices either.

I know and I would have no problem paying full price for an unlocked Lumia 1020 provided no carrier apps are installed. Microsoft should do what Apple does with the Apple Store.

killakiloz

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I work as a sales rep for bell, and I can tell you that I am the ONLY employee at my store who has ever used, nevermind owned, a WP for more than 30 seconds. I see all my coworkers pushing iPhones, and yes strangely enough new blackberry's, but not WP. Any customer I get who is open to trying WP ends up buying and leaving the store quite happy. I'm all for supporting Canadian companies, but the WP product is a better one then BBOS10, and I wish more Canadian sales reps would see that

weetigo

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
re: "The Nokia Lumia will be coming to Canada this quarter, though specific availability and colour selection has not been released just yet. We’ll update you with more when we have it."

I thought for sure that Rogers had screwed Canada from getting any flagship devices due to their bungling of the 900 and 920 phones. They have not been marketing the device very well, insisting on calling it a Windows 8 phone, rarely mentioning the device by name when using the image in any advertisements, and not providing any accessories for the phone.

I haven't seen any other mention of Canada getting this device, and @NokiaCanada is mum on new device availability. If Nokia does choose to release it in Canada, I hope they force the carriers to bid on an exclusive contract and provide some local marketing because current marketing is pathetic.

muderko

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I spoke to Rogers rep. today, she confirmed 1020 is coming to Rogers but no specific time though.

Last edited:

killakiloz

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I really wish Bell would carry the Nokia line. I got the 8x, and overall I love it. But the lack of HTC support especially compared to Nokia definitely gets ya mad now and again!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99