Anyone ditching their Lumia 920 for new 1020?

jt09xlt

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Ditching my l920 for a Samsung galaxy as soon as I'm eligible for an update. Can't stand the lack of features and unstableness. Will never by a phone for what appears to be an over hyped camera.

Funny you say this as I am going to be ditching my Galaxy Nexus for WP when I can get out of my current contract. If you think the grass is greener wait until you have been on Android for over 4 years and start to realize it's shortcomings. Be prepared for laggy software, yes ICS is laggy-very laggy when taxed. Along with a bunch of useless apps on the app store that are half-@ssed put together by secondary parties. Enjoy not being able to utilize Google Wallet if on Verizon unless you root as they block all functionality of it. I am ready for an OS that just works. I think WP will help with that and I am so glad Nokia is starting to make a solid comeback. Samsung as a whole will give you pretty shiny products but they are from what I have seen sent to the consumer with a product use life of only a couple of years at best.

Bizarro_Prime

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I want the 1020 but I've got 920 until the end of next year as that is when I'm due my upgrade.
Am I bothered? No.
I'm perfectly happy with the 920 and by then there should hopefully be something better than the 1020.
If not, I'll get the 1020.

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I currently have a L900 but I don't think I'll pull the trigger on the 1020. First I don't have the desire for a beast camera especially withe the hump in the back for the lens and second $299 is much more than I wish to pay (my 900 ended up being free with a $100 credit and my wife paid $100 for her 920). I'm content to wait to see what other offering Nokia will have (a 930 maybe?).

For the record I will admit I am getting tired of seeing all the updated apps for 8.0 with very little love for 7.8.

hegalong

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Why?
Best thing to do is use your 920/current lumia till it's getting "old"(after 1/2 years) because by then there will be way better phones anyway
Unless you want to buy a new phone every few months.

And just like apple:never buy first Gen, 2nd Gen is usually an improved and cheaper phone.

And ofcorse wp8 will have evolved by the time your phone is old.

So buy less, get more

Im frustrated on my Lumia920 grey. Blurred/mphotos, easily dented and the battery is not good.

hegalong

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Why?
Best thing to do is use your 920/current lumia till it's getting "old"(after 1/2 years) because by then there will be way better phones anyway
Unless you want to buy a new phone every few months.

And just like apple:never buy first Gen, 2nd Gen is usually an improved and cheaper phone.

And ofcorse wp8 will have evolved by the time your phone is old.

So buy less, get more

Im frustrated on my Lumia920 grey. Blurred photos, not satisfied on low light and it doesn't look natural, easily dented (it's not a tank) and the battery is not good.

My priority is to capture good photos for my 2 years old daughter.

The L920 is an overrated WP. Sorry.

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
It will be 200 bucks in no time..

Also, the camera tech alone is worth more than $300....

It costs much more than $300 because there is an opportunity cost of not being able to get another phone for 18-24 months. You are giving up the ability to get a 1080p GDR3 phone this fall (if that happens) or an 8.1 phone early 2014. That's the main reason to hold back if you have a 920.

Michael Spencer

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
If you've got a 920 already - then holding out a bit longer for 1020's reviews would be sensible.

It's just beside the stunning camera - and AMOLED screen - it's not much extra you're getting?

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Im frustrated on my Lumia920 grey. Blurred photos, not satisfied on low light and it doesn't look natural, easily dented (it's not a tank) and the battery is not good.

My priority is to capture good photos for my 2 years old daughter.

The L920 is an overrated WP. Sorry.
agree with you on some points:

Dented, not really(dropped mine 3 storages in an staircase made of concrete.)
Screen-scratches: the screen is as tuff as your usual butter slice
Battery: getting better as you use it longer.
Still, i dont need all the wireless charging and other extra sh*t when it makes your phone so heavy.

My ideal 920:

Gorilla glas 3
Amoled
Better camera

So basically 1020 with 920 looks.

Oh and a capable OS.

I chose wp8 for 2 reasons, its looks and microsoft.
Did not expect such a sluggishness from ms, but still satisfied with what wp8 does (smooth, good ms apps)
Yea call me weird ;)

KrankyKoder

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Not even a year into a 2 year contract with my 920. In 18 months there will be something even better. The only significant spec that changed is the camera. And with only 32gb of ram, where do I store all those pictures? With limited data on AT&T seems pretty pointless. When my contract is up I will base my next purchase on who has better service/plan. Not so much on who has cooler phone. What good is a cool phone when your service limits how you use it? Rambling now... Shutting up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss