T-Mobile and 1020

fjbeiderbecke

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Any idea if the unlocked 1020 will take advantage of the T-Mobile LTE? One place showed it did not have band 4 for LTE, another showed that it did have band 4. I am on the developer 920 and it works OK but seems to have gotten worse reception wise since they rolled out LTE in South Florida.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Any idea if the unlocked 1020 will take advantage of the T-Mobile LTE? One place showed it did not have band 4 for LTE, another showed that it did have band 4. I am on the developer 920 and it works OK but seems to have gotten worse reception wise since they rolled out LTE in South Florida.

Spec Sheet (although it was 'speculation' when written, not sure if updated):
Full specs for the Nokia Lumia 1020: 6 lenses, 2GB of RAM, and more | Windows Phone Central

Acc
ording to the WPCentral article by Sam Sabri, it will not have the Band 4.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Nokia and Windows Phone both show it with Band 4. It is worth a look if there is an (affordable) unlocked version available.

Links? Just for accuracy?

Found the Nokia one: http://www.nokia.com/us-en/phones/phone/lumia1020/specifications/

Eeek...that is ugly...looks like the article must be talking about a seperate model entirely or something.

WPCentral: LTE network bands 1, 3, 7, 20, 8
Nokia:
LTE network bands: 2, 4, 5, 17

Found what you meant by Windows Phone also, but I'm sure that is just a copy from Nokia's site.:
LTE BC2; LTE BC4; LTE BC5; LTE BC17
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/phones/nokia-lumia-1020?model=rm-877

Last edited:

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

MAERSK

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
I like how the US 1020's page has a smaller camera hump compared to the UK version. So it comes down to 64GB non compatible LTE or 32GB with Tmo support :/ decisions decisions.... unless Rogers gets some ?ber pentaband/64GB version

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else really getting annoyed with having to always figure out the bands that are supported? Whatever happened to OEMs putting in all the bands and just saying to the carriers to suck it, with their constant limitations on consumers who pay $$$ for the device.

It should be once the contract is over/phone unlocked you should be able to use it on all neworks worldwide.

champurado

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
im on the same boat with tmobile and was just wondering if we end up getting the att version unlocked we would be able to get 4g lte but no 3g correct?

fjbeiderbecke

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I have the unlocked 920. They have rolled out LTE here recently and the 920 does get LTE. The speeds are impressive when there is a strong signal. I am assuming if the right bands are present the ATT version would work as well.

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Have fun waiting six months or more to get an unlocked version to use on T-mobile. I know I will. Or say F this and pass up Nokia again for something better, and actually AVAILABLE. I did that with the Lumia 920 earlier this year by getting a Note 2. I wonder if the cycle will repeat itself...

or just get a 925? Yeah, I think I'll do that. Then sign up for JUMP and get the 1025 or whatever their version is.

TachyonicCargo

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
This does not exactly answer your question, but if history repeats itself, the Lumia 1025 will be out in six months. And now that T-Mobile offers JUMP! upgrade program . . .

Just saying is all. Almost switched to AT&T back in October for the L920, and am so damn glad that I did not. AT&T is a **** carrier, that I am happy everyday which I wake up and am no longer one of their customers. And 16GB internal memory non-withstanding, the L925 is a much better product than the L920. I'm just glad I waited and got the better phone. And am more than happy to wait again to get the better version of the L1020.

wariscoming

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I have the unlocked 920. They have rolled out LTE here recently and the 920 does get LTE. The speeds are impressive when there is a strong signal. I am assuming if the right bands are present the ATT version would work as well.

This sounds correct. But...is there a way the get the AT&T version (that supports Band 4) unlocked (regardless of price) and if so, when? I live in Germany now and I'm moving back to the States in September and I could probably pick up and unlocked version here before coming back but, again, it doesn't seem to support Band 4 so that's kind of pointless.

What about Verizon support? The international unlocked versions says:

WCDMA network: 900 MHz, 2100 MHz, 1900 MHz, 850 MHz
WCDMA max data speed DL: HSDPA - 42.2 Mbps
WCDMA max data speed UL: HSUPA - 5.76 Mbps

Does that mean it would work with Verizon LTE?

blackbox1

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
@wariscoming,
The AT&T version will work on tmobile's a lte bands, and as someone has already mentioned in this thread, in reframed 1900hz areas. You will have to check with your local tmobile representative if you live in a reframed area. otherwise if LTE is already rolled out in your area, all you need is an unlocked att lumia 1020. You can find unlocked versions for preorder on negrielectronics and mobilecity. And I believe the prices are pretty reasonable.

treetownal

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info. Just to confirm - If I live in an area where T Mo has activated 4G LTE (like NYC), I will have coverage at home. If I travel somewhere without 4G LTE, it will work if the area is a "refarmed 1900hz area"?

What does the second point mean in practical terms? How broad is the refarmed area coverage? My understanding was that T Mo's 4G LTE coverage wasn't that broad yet, so I want to get a sense of how spotty I'll be if I leave NYC.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss