So, who's actually getting one?

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
The most popular threads at the time of writing are quite negative, arguing that the 1020 isn't a viable alternative phone or is priced too steeply etc. So, who was actually impressed by the launch information and the demonstration of what the Lumia 1020 can do? Who likes this phone and plans to get one?

Tell us all about it below!

Zerveone

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm ready to get it - was a long wait with my L800. Problem is, I'm from Europe so I'm waiting for any info about availability. Probably UK will get it faster than my country, so i'll get one sim-free from UK.
Oh, and btw my friend told me it's going to hit UK O2 first but in mid September... I wish i could get the US version :p

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I think Australians will get it in Mid-Late November.

Ether way, i want to get one. It removes my need to get a dedicated camera and a L920/L925.

Ridemyscooter86

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I might get one since I'm due for an upgrade in october for ATT. Naturally I'll wait though because if nokia does decide to make a phone with a bigger screen, for me at least bigger screen > awesome camera as I don't really take that many pictures on phone or just in general. I would have bought this in a heartbeat if there was a cyan blue color, but since that iconic nokia color isn't being made for this phone (why not , I don't understand why????), I'll have to wait and see what comes out.

Mafiatounes

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I am getting a 1020, i have used the 920 before and i am currently using a HTC One i like both devices but they do not produce great pictures for my needs.. Always wanted a 808 for imaging but could not use Symbian because it was already EOL, so the 1020 will perfectly fullfill my needs.

techknight

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I'll be pre-ordering it the first day I can. I had a 808, loved the camera, hated the Symbian experience. The 1020 is everything I've been asking for since the 808. And for those that think this is just a 920 with a better camera... you have no idea how awesome the camera is until you try it. The quality, the ability to zoom with no loss in detail, and the overall experience make it worth it. Trust me. Its literally the best we can get right now.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
The most popular threads at the time of writing are quite negative, arguing that the 1020 isn't a viable alternative phone or is priced too steeply etc. So, who was actually impressed by the launch information and the demonstration of what the Lumia 1020 can do? Who likes this phone and plans to get one?

Tell us all about it below!

Its hilarious (sad, really), last year when the 808 was announced you could practically hear the internet cry out in pain & anguish that it wasnt running WP, now we actually do have it on WP with improvements like OIS, 6 lenses, BSI and all you read is negativity and hate. It seems the desire to see Nokia and WP fail is tremendously strong with a lot of very vocal people. It is sad and pathetic to read all the BS being said and made up, including here where its already being bashed for having a slightly smaller sensor than the 808 but the improvements are totally ignored. Incredible.

Having said that, the camera on the 1020 offers a tangible benefit to me in better pictures over any "future proofing" the mighty quad cores and 1080p screens could offer so I will be getting it as long as I can grab an unlocked Rogers version like my 920. Cant see myself not using a truly innovative device when it becomes available.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgiHudi