So I know there are mixed reviews about the 1020; primarily the price and carrier exclusive status. But after deeper thought, I think that the 1020 can be good for the WP community by helping to sell more 920's.

Here is my logic: a customer here's about the 1020 and goes to a store to check it out. After seeing how amazing it is . . . they decide that $300 is too much to spend on a phone with a 2 year contract. The sales rep then suggests the 920 because it has the same OS and the camera was the best in the industry prior to the 1020. The customer appreciates that this camera is still a million times better than what they have, the price is right and it even has wireless charging.

I know this is dependent on the sales rep making this recommendation but if you think about it, this is how Apple continues to sell so many iPhone 4's and 4S's when the iPhone 5 came out. People aren't willing to pay that much for the new device so they get the older one.

Do you think Nokia is following the same strategy for their high end phones? This does extend the life of a device seeing that the iPhone 4S is still being sold almost 2 years after it was launched.

Am I crazy? Love to hear some feedback on this.
    07-12-2013 04:24 PM
    The sales rep then suggests the 920 because it has the same OS and the camera was the best in the industry prior to the 1020.
    well, maybe WP industry ;)
    joe_easton likes this.
    07-12-2013 04:38 PM
    Reps need to be educated and looks like this time Nokia is going to stress on that. Unless the reps know what they are selling WP will not move out of the shelves.For those who are searching for Windows Phone your strategy might be helpful.

1020 is priced just right since you don't want it to seem to normal a device and not too extravagant. It has a unique feature and people should know it is a premium device they are getting for 300$.

Anyway for us outside US, we are still waiting for the official price. I hope it is 650$ or so everywhere.
    07-12-2013 04:41 PM
    well, maybe WP industry ;)
    In the industry of OS's with a future, most definitely.
    joe_easton likes this.
    07-13-2013 07:48 PM
    I like some Android cameras more(and even IP4S/5), daylight quality is still more important for me and 920 is bad performer there
    07-13-2013 08:15 PM
    I like some Android cameras more(and even IP4S/5), daylight quality is still more important for me and 920 is bad performer there
    Really? I haven't heard of people complain about that since the last update.
    07-14-2013 05:25 AM
    Yupp, the difference is not big as before but it still exists.
    07-14-2013 05:36 AM
    Really? I haven't heard of people complain about that since the last update.
    Nokia has already stated the Amber update comes with improved software that will address the sharpness issue so it will get even better.
    07-14-2013 07:58 AM
    We are waithing to long from the Amber update

Verzonden met Tapatalk
    07-14-2013 08:06 AM
    I feel that they (MS) should be sending out small patch fixes for these known issues. For example, the other storage issue and this sharpness issues should get one-off fixes instead bundling with large updates.
    07-14-2013 01:26 PM
    The lumia1020 had the hunch back of the notre dame quasimodo

Verzonden met Tapatalk
    07-16-2013 02:01 PM
    You'd be right if we could trust sales people to actually pitch the 920. As it stands you'll be lucky if they've even got the Lumia 1020 on display anywhere but flagship AT&T stores.
    07-16-2013 02:18 PM
    The lumia1020 had the hunch back of the notre dame quasimodo

Verzonden met Tapatalk
    it's a must for a good cameraphone, with current tech
    07-16-2013 02:38 PM
    So I know there are mixed reviews about the 1020; primarily the price and carrier exclusive status. But after deeper thought, I think that the 1020 can be good for the WP community by helping to sell more 920's.

Here is my logic: a customer here's about the 1020 and goes to a store to check it out. After seeing how amazing it is . . . they decide that $300 is too much to spend on a phone with a 2 year contract. The sales rep then suggests the 920 because it has the same OS and the camera was the best in the industry prior to the 1020. The customer appreciates that this camera is still a million times better than what they have, the price is right and it even has wireless charging.

I know this is dependent on the sales rep making this recommendation but if you think about it, this is how Apple continues to sell so many iPhone 4's and 4S's when the iPhone 5 came out. People aren't willing to pay that much for the new device so they get the older one.

Do you think Nokia is following the same strategy for their high end phones? This does extend the life of a device seeing that the iPhone 4S is still being sold almost 2 years after it was launched.

Am I crazy? Love to hear some feedback on this.
    If only that was the way the world worked, lol! The sales rep is more likely to say 'it is too expensive, the camera is great but it fails in every other department! Here...try the new S4!'

I had my mind made up and every shop tried their best to deter me from buying a 920!

Still the best phone I have ever had...but only people who do their own homework or actually know people that own a WP device will go for it.

Even then, I told my mum to get the 520 or 620. She came back with a galaxy ace, because the sales rep convinced her!
    07-16-2013 03:07 PM

Even then, I told my mum to get the 520 or 620. She came back with a galaxy ace, because the sales rep convinced her!
    I agree that the sales rep struggle selling WP. That's because selling iOS or android is easier BC people know it already. MS or carriers need to have incentives to push reps to sell it.

For your mom, I have the same issue. My whole family uses iPhones.
    07-17-2013 07:56 AM