Lumia 1020 Destroys iPhone 5

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Even 920 has destroyed iPhone 5 in all departments except for daylight pics. Once Amber update is out, it will being iPhone 5 on to its knees

Michael Spencer

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
The question whether the 2 month head-start over iPhone 5S, can be played to Nokia's advantage.

If comes October - and Nokia 1020 doesn't sell - then they'll drop the price right down to $150 upfront - like BB had done with Z10.Conversely if they do get traction in media - and 1020 becomes the device to get - well you do the math. :winktongue:

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
The latest and greatest flag ship phone from any ecosystem should be expected to beat a 10 month old device, especially at $300 on contract. If it could not then M$ and Nokia have no prayer to ever be relevant in this market.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
To be honest I don't really see the 1020 as the end-all flagship at the moment. I think it's an extremely niche device with a niche crowd. Im sure it's a great device, but let's face it, it doesn't cater to the major audience. I'd rather look at something like the 925 or so.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
AMOLED has it's sides. For example one of the features I miss from my N8 was the screensaver clock thing, which is only really battery efficient on an AMOLED screen. The other thing is that on an AMOLED all blacks are really black, cos the pixels are turned off completely as opposed to a backlit screen. 920 has an amazing screen, that's for sure, but I wouldn't say no to a high quality AMOLED screen either. Especially since the WP design language is so full of black that I feel it's even sort of stupid to not use AMOLEDs more widely :D

anon(6038817)

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Flashy video, but not entirely accurate.

Some discrepancies I noticed:

• The 1020 does not have a tripod mount, the grip case you can get for it does. I'm sure there are plenty of iPhone cases you can get that are tripod mountable.
  • What exactly is meant by "Windows Intergration" (sic)? That you can sync it with a Windows computer? Can't iPhones do that, too?
  • The 1020 does NOT support wireless charging out of the box. You have to purchase a special back plate for it if you want wireless charging capability.
  • Faster CPU in terms of GHz does not necessarily equate to better performance.
  • Things like "curved sides", "larger display", and "lanyard hole" are pretty subjective. Actually, aren't most things listed in this video subjective? It comes down to your individual preferences, likes, dislikes, etc.

On a side note, someone really needs to learn how to spell the word integration. I counted 3 instances of "intergration" and 2 instances of "intergrtation". Not very professional.

someoneinwa

May 7, 2011
Visit site
All very fair points, except the comment about wireless charging integration...or interigation...or instagration....or whatever....Yes, you need to purchase a special cover to use wireless charging. But that works because the phone supports wireless charging. The iPhone 5 does not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb