30 31.91%
  • Microsoft Store

10 10.64%
  • Other

16 17.02%
07-26-2013 03:58 PM
267 12345 ...
tools
    Microsoft store 1020 preorders are live!

Nokia Lumia 1020 for AT&T - Microsoft Store
    07-16-2013 01:30 PM
    It sucks that only AT&T has it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-16-2013 01:41 PM
    For those who preordered through ms store, did you get an estimate shipping date?
    07-16-2013 01:51 PM
    Ordered a white 1020 today from the Microsoft online store, this will be my first windows phone. I've used both iOS and Android for years and although I enjoy both operating systems, I couldn't resist ordering this beast of a phone and finally satisfying my curiosity for the Windows OS. Bought it off contract, hopefully I won't regret it! Also to the poster above me, I did not get an estimated shipping date.
    07-16-2013 02:46 PM
    I preordered from the Microsoft online store because AT&T makes it as difficult as possible to buy a device off contract through att.com and I'm on a corporate plan.

Does anyone have any idea when Microsoft is supposed to ship? AT&T says the 23rd. Is it safe to assume Microsoft will match that? I asked a rep through online chat, but he didn't know, of course and I haven't seen any info online anywhere.
    07-16-2013 02:49 PM
    For those who preordered through ms store, did you get an estimate shipping date?
    Nope. And the rep I asked didn't have a clue. They really need to improve their online experience. When I initially placed the order, my credit card blocked it automatically. I got an e-mail from MS store to call them to get help. I called and got an automated system that directed me to correct it online (hint: you can't) then hung up on me. When I clicked the chat button, no one was available. I finally resolved the issue myself, but what circle jerk.
    07-16-2013 02:51 PM
    Preordered a yellow 1020 through the MS Store! No estimated shipping date. Wonder what our chances are of having the camera grip be the same color as the phone.
    07-16-2013 02:55 PM
    Preordered a yellow 1020 through the MS Store! No estimated shipping date. Wonder what our chances are of having the camera grip be the same color as the phone.
    AT&T only had a black and white version of the camera grip listed.
    07-16-2013 03:01 PM
    Anyone know where to get the charging case/grip?
    07-16-2013 05:02 PM
    Talk about pain in the arse with AT&T. I originally pre-ordered on ATT with premiere early this morning because the MS Store wasn't taking pre-orders at the time. I came home from work and noticed the MS Store was taking pre-orders and I wanted the free grip thing. So I canceled my pre-order with ATT and lo-n behold, ATT never reset my upgrade status. I called ATT, they reset the upgrade and went over to order from the MS Store. Basically, ATT had trouble verifying my account -_____- Anyway after 2 hours of patience and talking to ATT, I finally got my order to go through the MS Store! yay!

Anyway, the customer support lady said (not sure if it was automated or not?) that this phone was very "popular" so they would ship out the phone whenever they received them. -Hopefully it won't take weeks like the 920 did.

Edit: Did anyone notice a price difference between ATT and the MS Store when upgrading?
    07-16-2013 06:42 PM
    Talk about pain in the arse with AT&T. I originally pre-ordered on ATT with premiere early this morning because the MS Store wasn't taking pre-orders at the time. I came home from work and noticed the MS Store was taking pre-orders and I wanted the free grip thing. So I canceled my pre-order with ATT and lo-n behold, ATT never reset my upgrade status. I called ATT, they reset the upgrade and went over to order from the MS Store. Basically, ATT had trouble verifying my account -_____- Anyway after 2 hours of patience and talking to ATT, I finally got my order to go through the MS Store! yay!

Anyway, the customer support lady said (not sure if it was automated or not?) that this phone was very "popular" so they would ship out the phone whenever they received them. -Hopefully it won't take weeks like the 920 did.

Edit: Did anyone notice a price difference between ATT and the MS Store when upgrading?
    Not to be a hater (I bought the phone, so I'm clearly a fan), but this phone will not be THAT popular. It will sell okay, but it's not a GS4 or an iPhone. They should have no trouble with stock unless they're trying to create artificial hype or they simply don't have good supply channels.

I have a feeling AT&T orders will get priority. I was tempted to stay with my order with them, but there was too much BS with "upgrades" and not simply being able to order it unlocked.

There is a $50 price difference, but in my case it's a no tax vs tax situation, so it evens out. I actually pay less through MS because they don't charge me sales tax.
    07-16-2013 06:58 PM
    Not a lot of activity in this thread like for the 920, it seems there's going to be enough stock for everyone.

And I went through hell with ATT because my order got cancelled, they needed to verify my identity so I had to reorder and my status of first to preorder went to last...

the worst happened.
    07-16-2013 07:27 PM

Personally if I was working at customer support and we got 1,000 calls in one day pertaining to one item, it would surely seem like the phone is VERY popular. In the grand scheme of things though, that 1,000 wouldn't even make a dent in the market share. Even 10,000 wouldn't be much...it'd have to get into the hundred thousands to even begin to compete with the iPhone 5, which sold 5million in three days according to CNN. Of course they also launched in several countries across multiple carriers...but still.
    07-16-2013 07:29 PM
    I don't have an upgrade available, and for some reason I was unable to preorder from AT&T. After an hour or so on the phone with AT&T, plus a trip to the local store, my $700 was unable to be spent. It took me about 2 minutes to order on the MS website. However, my gut + past experience tells me the AT&T preorders will arrive sooner.
    07-16-2013 07:39 PM
    Ordered ATT and free camera handle
    07-16-2013 07:58 PM
    @Michael Allen 3 How? Please let us know so we can call and try to replicate.
    07-16-2013 08:25 PM
    Personally if I was working at customer support and we got 1,000 calls in one day pertaining to one item, it would surely seem like the phone is VERY popular. In the grand scheme of things though, that 1,000 wouldn't even make a dent in the market share. Even 10,000 wouldn't be much...it'd have to get into the hundred thousands to even begin to compete with the iPhone 5, which sold 5million in three days according to CNN. Of course they also launched in several countries across multiple carriers...but still.
    Yea, I know. Basically, I was chatting online with a representative...not specifically speaking over the phone. It looked like an automated message to me. -Maybe it is a failsafe to say that for if/whenever they do get a lot of orders? -Whatever, I know this device will not see a lot of sales either from ATT (unless ATT drops the price to reasonable non-premi prices) or off contract.
    07-16-2013 09:24 PM
    I really thought that the camera grip had wireless charging capabilities too. That sucks that it doesn't. Anyways, I preordered mines thru MS, but still pending ATT approval. If it doesn't get approved in going to MS on launch day and purchasing it off contract.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
    07-16-2013 09:36 PM
    I really thought that the camera grip had wireless charging capabilities too. That sucks that it doesn't. Anyways, I preordered mines thru MS, but still pending ATT approval. If it doesn't get approved in going to MS on launch day and purchasing it off contract.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
    It really should have wireless charging...even if it did add bulk, anyone using the camera grip wouldn't notice it being a few mm thicker! Also, does anyone know if ordering through Microsoft store off contract still nets you the camera grip? I didn't see one in my order confirmation.
    07-16-2013 09:42 PM
    MS Store say they will ship on launch day, so the 26th. The info comes up when you click "preorder ships when available", a pop up window comes up with FAQ.
    07-16-2013 10:14 PM
    MS Store say they will ship on launch day, so the 26th. The info comes up when you click "preorder ships when available", a pop up window comes up with FAQ.
    That would be incredibly inconvenient. The 26th is a Friday. We wouldn't get them until the following week. Unless they time it so the ARRIVE Friday, like Apple does.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    07-16-2013 10:30 PM
    Pre-ordered from the Microsot Store Online. Just gotta keep in mind that their online orders are fulfilled by a different company, not by Microsoft, so there is always that chance that they won't get their stock on launch. If not, then I just walk on to a Microsoft Store and pick one up on launch day.
    07-16-2013 10:31 PM
    I agree, that would totally suck. FedEx 2 day...so basically Monday? or Tuesday? of the following week.
    07-16-2013 10:32 PM
    so the question is how do you get a premier account to order online?
    07-17-2013 05:40 AM
    so the question is how do you get a premier account to order online?
    I thought anyone can order online? I have a premier account (didn't really know I had one) BC my I get a 15% discount from my employer. But anyway you should be able to order the 1020, even if your not a premiere account holder.
    Last edited by xconomicron; 07-17-2013 at 08:06 AM.
    07-17-2013 05:59 AM
267 12345 ...