30 31.91%
  • Microsoft Store

10 10.64%
  • Other

16 17.02%
07-26-2013 03:58 PM
267 ... 23456 ...
tools
    So I wasn't going to jump in expecting a full price upgrade, but went to the Microsoft Store, checked upgrade eligibility and low and behold I was eligible on my line. O_o The wife and I both upgraded to 920s, my upgrade was early but because of computer issues, we got both phones at the 99 cent black friday price. Both phones ended up being on her upgrade plan, I guess?

I will have to wait it out to get to the shipping phase, but no sales tax, free camera grip and more than half off? OK. White, BTW. Keeping the Stormtrooper theme. Guess I should design a decal to make the Lumia camera hump look like the half completed Death Star. *MY IDEA* Hmmm...
    07-17-2013 09:31 AM
    Anyone who pre-order from Microsoft Store Online get approved by their carrier already?

It says it will do it once they get notification that the phone is being sent to them, but I kinda wonder if that's true. I swear that it was already approved when I had first ordered it, and now its changed and doesn't say approved by carrier, but that I still have a phone reserved.
    techiedude007 likes this.
    07-17-2013 01:21 PM
    Anyone who pre-order from Microsoft Store Online get approved by their carrier already?

It says it will do it once they get notification that the phone is being sent to them, but I kinda wonder if that's true. I swear that it was already approved when I had first ordered it, and now its changed and doesn't say approved by carrier, but that I still have a phone reserved.

My order was canceled twice by Microsoft with no explanation. In fact, I asked them on the phone and they wouldn't tell me why. I ordered the device only, without contract and my credit card was good, along with all of my info. I posted a rant about it in another thread, but I will never order from them again. They seriously need to get their $#!t together.
    07-17-2013 02:10 PM
    Out of curiosity: Has anyone who ordered through AT&T seen a preauthorization on their credit card account yet? Has your order moved past "processing", or does it say something different?
    07-17-2013 02:31 PM
    Just pre-ordered this beauty from Negri Electronics for $740. Got an unlocked, 32gig yellow version. I absolutely love my 920, but will likely sell it to recover the costs of my purchase. This is the Nokia phone I have been dreaming of for the past 2 years.
    07-17-2013 03:47 PM
    Out of curiosity: Has anyone who ordered through AT&T seen a preauthorization on their credit card account yet? Has your order moved past "processing", or does it say something different?
    Order Status processing
    credit Card Charge processing
    In Store Order
    07-17-2013 03:56 PM
    Order Status processing
    credit Card Charge processing
    In Store Order
    Did you walk into an AT&T store and place a preorder? I have never done that.
    07-17-2013 04:02 PM
    Did you walk into an AT&T store and place a preorder? I have never done that.
    yeah, employee might try to tell you WP is no good but keep insisting you want it, they still get commission out of it.
    07-17-2013 05:13 PM
    All 1020's sold out and on backorder?!?! -on ATT?
    07-17-2013 05:30 PM
    All 1020's sold out and on backorder?!?! -on ATT?
    where in website?
    07-17-2013 05:32 PM
    where in website?
    yea online-----according to WMPU

AT&T Nokia Lumia 1020 already sold out online, backordered | WMPoweruser
    Last edited by xconomicron; 07-17-2013 at 05:39 PM. Reason: I can't haz cheezeburger
    07-17-2013 05:35 PM
    Mine still says processing. Sucks, I canceled from ATT...I'm out 342$ until this is back in my account.
    07-17-2013 05:42 PM
    well that really sucks because I had to lose my original preorder at 9pm pst 7/15/13 and repreorder next day at 4pm... haven't received that email but I'm expecting it...
    07-17-2013 05:47 PM
    My Status says ATTENTION. Can anyone pls help me in knowing what does that mean ? I ordered from Premier account today at 1 PM.
    Last edited by Manoj1551; 07-17-2013 at 06:35 PM.
    07-17-2013 06:24 PM
    After the complete failure that is ordering from Microsoft, I reordered through AT&T. A few hours later, I received an email saying "We have processed your order and it has been sent to our warehouse for shipment. Your order cannot be changed or canceled at this time."

Obviously it isn't shipping yet, but I also noticed that there's no hold on my credit card, so I'm not sure what's actually happening. I had a different shipping address than billing address on my order, so I called AT&T to make sure that it had really gone through and they said everything looks good. I have never had so much trouble preordering something.
    07-17-2013 06:36 PM
    My Status says ATTENTION. Can anyone pls help me in knowing what does that mean ? I ordered from Premier account today at 1 PM.
    Have you called or chatted with them yet? Usually just calling will get you a simple answer of what it means.
    giodelgado likes this.
    07-17-2013 06:40 PM
    After the complete failure that is ordering from Microsoft, I reordered through AT&T. A few hours later, I received an email saying "We have processed your order and it has been sent to our warehouse for shipment. Your order cannot be changed or canceled at this time."

Obviously it isn't shipping yet, but I also noticed that there's no hold on my credit card, so I'm not sure what's actually happening. I had a different shipping address than billing address on my order, so I called AT&T to make sure that it had really gone through and they said everything looks good. I have never had so much trouble preordering something.
    at least you did the right thing and ordered with AT&T, if it's a problem ordering through AT&T just imagine with MS (simplexity)
    07-17-2013 06:41 PM

Dear god man, I'm sorry ATT and the MS Store sucks ***.
    07-17-2013 06:55 PM
    Just ordered an unlocked yellow version through Negri Electronics
    07-17-2013 06:56 PM
    Just pre-ordered this beauty from Negri Electronics for $740. Got an unlocked, 32gig yellow version. I absolutely love my 920, but will likely sell it to recover the costs of my purchase. This is the Nokia phone I have been dreaming of for the past 2 years.
    I did too. A black one. Just checked and they don't expect them till the damn 30th. Just tried AT&T and sold out. Should have just done premier first
    07-17-2013 07:03 PM
    I don't understand how they're sold out. I just checked AT&T and it still says it's shipping on the 23rd for all colors.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-17-2013 07:08 PM
    I don't understand how they're sold out. I just checked AT&T and it still says it's shipping on the 23rd for all colors.

same thing happened with the 920, customers who ordered next day after preorders started got it first while the first preorders got lost somehow...
    07-17-2013 07:18 PM

I just checked and says sold out online on premier

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
    07-17-2013 07:31 PM
    I just checked and says sold out online on premier

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
    I just tried to upgrade another line and it doesn't show "sold out", must be bait
    07-17-2013 07:45 PM
    A coworker was checking her upgrade eligibility this afternoon and on a whim, I decided to see if AT&T would allow me to upgrade (even though my earliest contract doesn't expire until December)... as it turns out, AT&T will let you get full discount pricing at the 6-month mark.

Thankfully, I knew that the Microsoft Store online was offering the free camera grip, so I ended up ordering from there. No difficulties doing so, other than the fact that I had to put IE11 (Win8.1) in compatibility mode for the Microsoft Store, because the Submit buttons wouldn't work. I'm actually pretty excited about it now, and I still have my 920 to fall back on should I have any reason to do so.

My only disappointment is not knowing the availability of red and cyan versions, but oh well... I ended up getting a black one, which is good too. :)
    giodelgado likes this.
    07-17-2013 08:17 PM
267 ... 23456 ...