Lumia 1020 Preorder Thread

lennyk1313

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
me too. I was hoping the Microsoft's would go online before I woke up for work. Can we cancel the ATT pre-order and make an order with Microsoft?

It has the cancel button in the order details so should not be any problems, but Microsoft is still showing as Coming Soon.

lerimer

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Got tired of waiting for the MS store preorders to go live so I ended up preordering thru ATT. Got the yellow 1020 shipping on the 23rd. Too bad I couldn't get the grip since the didn't have yellow grips available :/

revolutionofm

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
After a few hours of constantly refreshing websites, AT&T.com had the preorders live first (around 2am) so I decided not to chance it and placed my order. Definitely looking forward to upgrading from my Lumia 820!

?Order placed via AT&T Online (Premier)
?Order placed for Lumia 1020 Matte Yellow
?Email Confirmation Received
?Estimated Shipping date 7/23/13

hwalker84

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Waiting for Microsoft to get their preorders up.... I hope if I buy it in full they're still giving the camera grip. Once I confirm that I'll get whatever is cheapest + shipping.

arking_mark

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft Store used to say that the pre-order would be available on the 16th. Last night, that changed to coming soon...not sure what's going on but maybe MS will not have pre-orders available today or anytime soon.

bcolton

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Pre-ordered the Lumia 1020 in matte yellow from AT&T online. Expected ship date is 23 July.

Currently using a Galaxy S4 but looking forward to using Windows Phone 8. I don't think I can totally go off Android because of key Google services and apps. Especially banking apps.

But I'm happy to use Windows Phone 8 and will be pushing companies to develop Windows apps via constant request.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

snguyen10

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Ordered a white 1020 today from the Microsoft online store, this will be my first windows phone. I've used both iOS and Android for years and although I enjoy both operating systems, I couldn't resist ordering this beast of a phone and finally satisfying my curiosity for the Windows OS. Bought it off contract, hopefully I won't regret it! Also to the poster above me, I did not get an estimated shipping date.

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I preordered from the Microsoft online store because AT&T makes it as difficult as possible to buy a device off contract through att.com and I'm on a corporate plan.

Does anyone have any idea when Microsoft is supposed to ship? AT&T says the 23rd. Is it safe to assume Microsoft will match that? I asked a rep through online chat, but he didn't know, of course and I haven't seen any info online anywhere.

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
For those who preordered through ms store, did you get an estimate shipping date?

Nope. And the rep I asked didn't have a clue. They really need to improve their online experience. When I initially placed the order, my credit card blocked it automatically. I got an e-mail from MS store to call them to get help. I called and got an automated system that directed me to correct it online (hint: you can't) then hung up on me. When I clicked the chat button, no one was available. I finally resolved the issue myself, but what circle jerk.

krystea

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Preordered a yellow 1020 through the MS Store! No estimated shipping date. Wonder what our chances are of having the camera grip be the same color as the phone.

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
Talk about pain in the arse with AT&T. I originally pre-ordered on ATT with premiere early this morning because the MS Store wasn't taking pre-orders at the time. I came home from work and noticed the MS Store was taking pre-orders and I wanted the free grip thing. So I canceled my pre-order with ATT and lo-n behold, ATT never reset my upgrade status. I called ATT, they reset the upgrade and went over to order from the MS Store. Basically, ATT had trouble verifying my account -_____- Anyway after 2 hours of patience and talking to ATT, I finally got my order to go through the MS Store! yay!

Anyway, the customer support lady said (not sure if it was automated or not?) that this phone was very "popular" so they would ship out the phone whenever they received them. -Hopefully it won't take weeks like the 920 did.

Edit: Did anyone notice a price difference between ATT and the MS Store when upgrading?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster