Lumia 1020 Preorder Thread

MoggSquad

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
So if Amazon does not have pre-orders will they be likely to carry the device on release date? How long did it take for them to carry the 920?

Manoj1551

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I have Preordered on Premier account but its in verification state. Att saying they are not able to verify my SSN and hence not able to proceed with order.. what are the options for me.. When i called SSN they say everything is fine.. Is there any reason why ATT are not able to do credit check .. i got my SSN 2nhalf months back(new).. I want Lumia 1020 so badly :( Any help pls ?

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
I have Preordered on Premier account but its in verification state. Att saying they are not able to verify my SSN and hence not able to proceed with order.. what are the options for me.. When i called SSN they say everything is fine.. Is there any reason why ATT are not able to do credit check .. i got my SSN 2nhalf months back(new).. I want Lumia 1020 so badly :( Any help pls ?

I can try to help...

Alright, so you are the primary account holder on ATT right? ATT doesn't do credit checks or anything that pry's into you financial status. So it is probably your SSN. You called and told them that you "JUST" received your SSN a few months back right and that it is not verifying/letting you do a preorder, right? If you got through to somebody, they can actually preorder the phone for you over the phone. ---I think, but you would have to call the premier business line.

In my case, I am not the primary account holder on the ATT account, so I had to use the primary account holder's SSN instead of my own in order to get verification. -It's a nuisance but works.

If you happen to be the only one on the account, I would definitely call ATT and speak to a rep about this.

Manoj1551

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
No... Its not.. They told i need call SSN and get my details updated saying sometimes it might not be updated. but when i called SSN they send everything is fine

bkydcmpr

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Ordered black one from MicrosoftStore.com. My current contract has 4 more months to go but it's ok for the $299 deal. Unfortunately the Microsoft Store Promo Code (got $10 from Xbox One Preorder) seems not working for smartphone orders, no where to enter it when checking out.

Rebelatheart

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Ordered black one from MicrosoftStore.com. My current contract has 4 more months to go but it's ok for the $299 deal. Unfortunately the Microsoft Store Promo Code (got $10 from Xbox One Preorder) seems not working for smartphone orders, no where to enter it when checking out.

Hey. So you checked your availability on the MS store and it said you were eligible? I have 3 months left on mine, and on ATT it says that I am not eligible for on upgrade...on the MS store, it says pending, and that they could not verify my eligibility. Weird that you have 4 months left and are eligible. I think someone else said they had 6 months left and were eligible. Wonder whats up with my acct.

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey. So you checked your availability on the MS store and it said you were eligible? I have 3 months left on mine, and on ATT it says that I am not eligible for on upgrade...on the MS store, it says pending, and that they could not verify my eligibility. Weird that you have 4 months left and are eligible. I think someone else said they had 6 months left and were eligible. Wonder whats up with my acct.

My contract is technically up in November (1st gen Titan bought on Black Friday) but I show as eligible on both sites...

giodelgado

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
maybe if you go to store and preorder they can give you an exception, remember reps want to reach the quota :)

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site

My contract is technically up in November (1st gen Titan bought on Black Friday) but I show as eligible on both sites...

AT&T upgrade eligibility is currently at 20 months. So as long as you have completed 19 months of service in your contract term, you are eligible for 2-year upgrade pricing. There are very few exceptions to this. This is pretty much the current standard. Though this will change soon, but doesn't affect anyone currently eligible for that will be eligible soon.

That's because the cell phone part of the Microsoft Store website is run by a totally different company, so they can't honor certain things like Microsoft Store gift cards or coupons. It is good that they are at least honoring the camera grip promotion though.

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Heads-up. I just visited AT&T's online store and they seem to now be including the camera grip shell (retail value $74) for free. Go figure...

Nokia Lumia 1020 White for AT&T - Microsoft Store

Note: only seems to work for new accounts and upgrades. Wasn't included if you selected "Replacement Device". Also seemed to work between the different colors too (didn't matter if I chose black, yellow or white; was available in each variant).

Techiedude

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Heads-up. I just visited AT&T's online store and they seem to now be including the camera grip shell (retail value $74) for free. Go figure...

Nokia Lumia 1020 White for AT&T - Microsoft Store

Note: only seems to work for new accounts and upgrades. Wasn't included if you selected "Replacement Device". Also seemed to work between the different colors too (didn't matter if I chose black, yellow or white; was available in each variant).

Techiedude

That link takes us to the Microsoft Store, where they were always giving out the free camera grip. The camera grip comes free only if you are signing a two-year contract. Replacement devices (full price) do not sign contracts so you would not be eligible for the free camera grip.

AT&T is not giving away free camera grips.

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Yep, just noticed that - oops. My bad...too many 1020 links opened between my four monitors and lost track of where I was...sigh...nothing to see here, move along... :(

Sorry, should have known better than ATT to giveaway stuff for free LOL

rchillin

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
AT&T upgrade eligibility is currently at 20 months. So as long as you have completed 19 months of service in your contract term, you are eligible for 2-year upgrade pricing. There are very few exceptions to this. This is pretty much the current standard. Though this will change soon, but doesn't affect anyone currently eligible for that will be eligible soon.

I fell some kinda way right now because I can't upgrade early (paying the early upgrade fee) especially since I first opened my account with the Lumia 900. Says I'm not eligible until 4/2014. WTF!?!?!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos