Lumia 1020 Preorder Thread

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Just cancelled my Negri electronics preorder in favour of the the MS store, namely because of the free camera grip. Paid full price for the phone because phone contracts are against my religion!

I'm strongly considering moving from ATT to Tmobile. Will this phone work on T-Mobile?

The MS store one will be locked to att so unless you can get it unlocked it wont.

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
It actually appears that the 1020 has two of TMobiles bands so will in fact work with LTE. TMobile's support boards also indicate this will work. Where the brakes slam is where you have a NON LTE area that also hasn't been 3G refarmed- in that case you will only have 2G Edge.
Also, if it helps, I read an article of a guy that brought over his Lumia 900 unlocked AT&T. He could detect LTE on T-Mobile but couldn't connect. So he went into settings, added an APN: fast.T-Mobile.com and claims that his phone has been working well on T-Mobile LTE ever since.
Bottom line, I am a T-Mobile customer with this phone on preorder from Negri - I guess this will be arriving at my office next week, so my next post on this will be first hand experience!

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
It has begun.

4WLjYIi.jpg

giodelgado

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
It actually appears that the 1020 has two of TMobiles bands so will in fact work with LTE. TMobile's support boards also indicate this will work. Where the brakes slam is where you have a NON LTE area that also hasn't been 3G refarmed- in that case you will only have 2G Edge.
Also, if it helps, I read an article of a guy that brought over his Lumia 900 unlocked AT&T. He could detect LTE on T-Mobile but couldn't connect. So he went into settings, added an APN: fast.T-Mobile.com and claims that his phone has been working well on T-Mobile LTE ever since.
Bottom line, I am a T-Mobile customer with this phone on preorder from Negri - I guess this will be arriving at my office next week, so my next post on this will be first hand experience!

unlocked and branded Lumias don't have the same bands Device Details -- Nokia Lumia 1020

the BUILD device that was given in 2012 was pentaband and it worked with T-Mobile

husslord

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
mine said shipping today as well, but still pending, already charged my card, well the amount is pending, but in the past with ATT they send emails much later compared to when they ship, I hope I have it tomorrow or no later thursday, but what can ya do!

MurphieB

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
My order status page now lists the 23'rd as the shipping date, pretty sure this was blank previously. The only place I had a shipping date previously was my order confirmation email.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss