The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
09-01-2013 11:03 AM
612 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    btw, first impressions are very good. Much nicer than the 920 or 900. Some of the improvements over the 920 include:

1. Nicer buttons: the 920 buttons were nice at first, but got a bit mushy after time. These feel very solid
    2. No small bezel around the screen: it blends right in with the body ala lumia 800
    3. Amoled: Holy crap I forgot how nice WP looks on amoled. Blacks blend into the bezel for a stunning visual look. However! Writing does tend to break up a bit, just like it does on the 925. This was not so on the 900's amoled screen (or the 920's lcd for that matter), so a slight disappointment there
    4. Jury's out on the matte finish. It feels great, but I'm concerned about soiling from jeans, etc.
    5. Size-wise, the phone feels great. Nice weight, and no issues with holding it b/c of the camera hump
    6. Every time I've restored a phone, it gets to 97%, reports an "unable to restore" error, and then goes to the phone, which appears to be restored (except for downloading apps). No error this time.
    7. Out of the box, it was almost dead, so it's hooked up to a charger while it updates. Which brings me to the last point...
    8. Oh boy do I miss wireless charging. This cable hanging off the bottom of my phone feels medieval. Wireless charging case on preorder (ack!) from amazon...
    xconomicron and MoggSquad like this.
    07-26-2013 10:26 AM
    At least not for a phone.

I'm so tempted to walk over to the MS Store on lunch and just friggin buy it, pay the tax and cancel my online order. I don't really want to walk a mile to get there though.
    Oops, forgot about that lil thing called "tax" :( I'll double-check my order status before leaving work today but could be tempted to pay "it" once I see the phone in-person.
    07-26-2013 10:27 AM
    I just went over to ATT and picked one up, they don't even have camera grips there. Oh well, I'll stop by a MS store later this weekend on my way to my parents house to grab one. What's money anyways... Phone looks cool so far.
    giffis likes this.
    07-26-2013 10:32 AM
    Has anybodies MS order updated and shipped today?
    07-26-2013 11:05 AM
    After spending the entire past week constantly checking on my order, Microsoft decided to cancel it, stating that the line I was upgrading wasn't eligible. Which isn't true. I just got home from my local at&t store with a yellow 1020. Thanks Microsoft!!!
    giffis likes this.
    07-26-2013 11:13 AM
    Has anybodies MS order updated and shipped today?
    Just checked...nope.

I also chatted with a rep and got pretty much the same answer as other posted chats here have gotten: when we get them in they'll ship within 24 hours of arrival...We can't confirm which color camera grip you're gonna get...we can't confirm if the camera grip will delay shipment of your order.

Stay classy Microsoft/Complexity </RBurgundy>
    Last edited by techiedude007; 07-26-2013 at 11:25 AM.
    lsmachado likes this.
    07-26-2013 11:14 AM
    So is this really just a glorified case that happens to add wireless charging? I'm not a fan of cases in general. You cover the beautiful design of your phone and you're also adding to the bulk of it. I think the only time I bought a case was for my iphone 1st gen.

I'd like your opinion since I'm really having trouble grasping the $40 cost of this.

btw, first impressions are very good. Much nicer than the 920 or 900. Some of the improvements over the 920 include:

8. Oh boy do I miss wireless charging. This cable hanging off the bottom of my phone feels medieval. Wireless charging case on preorder (ack!) from amazon...
    07-26-2013 11:27 AM
    Just checked...nope.

I also chatted with a rep and got pretty much the same answer as other posted chats here have gotten: when we get them in they'll ship within 24 hours of arrival...We can't confirm which color camera grip you're gonna get...we can't confirm if the camera grip will delay shipment of your order.

Stay classy Microsoft/Complexity </RBurgundy>
    I'll give them until tomorrow and I'm cancelling and going to local ATT store for my phone.
    07-26-2013 11:29 AM
    I too called the local microsoft store. they said if i can bring in my receipt they would give me the phone with free camera grip..
    07-26-2013 11:38 AM
    Yeah so I can't wait. I'm gonna just cancel and go to the MS Store and pick one up. I'll be much happier, and you can't buy happiness, so the cost of the camera grip won't bother me. Lol
    07-26-2013 11:41 AM
    I chatted with the store rep this morning.

My status moved from 1 checkbox, to 3 checks and an !. Still out of stock. They stated they were expecting a shipment this evening (6pm eastern time) and that they would ship them then. I asked if mine would be part of that shipment, they could not confirm. (pre-ordered last Friday mid morning)

I guess I'm just going to be patient and wait it out.... try to at least.
    07-26-2013 11:43 AM
    I too called the local microsoft store. they said if i can bring in my receipt they would give me the phone with free camera grip..
    Just to clarify, they would give you the phone and the grip which would fulfill your order, or they would cancel the order and you would purchase it there thus having to pay tax...
    07-26-2013 11:57 AM
    As much as I'd love one today. My closest MS Store is 3.5 hours away and the closest AT&T store that would have one is 1.5 hours away.

I can wait it out. I mainly need it by August 14th.
    07-26-2013 12:00 PM
    Gave in and cancelled my order...called at&t and they said they had 8 black ones and 4 yellow ones in stock right now. Guess i'll go pick it up after work! Good luck with your MS orders guys!
    07-26-2013 12:22 PM
    So I cancelled my online order. Went to the MS store in florida mall. Got a yellow 1020 with camera grip. Was given a 50$ in store gift card and a 10$ gift card for apps. Bought the charging plate with the 50$ gift card. I'm a very happy camper!!!!!

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
    giffis likes this.
    07-26-2013 12:34 PM
    So I cancelled my online order. Went to the MS store in florida mall. Got a yellow 1020 with camera grip. Was given a 50$ in store gift card and a 10$ gift card for apps. Bought the charging plate with the 50$ gift card. I'm a very happy camper!!!!!

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
    @Lerimer - that's where I'm going later today! How did you talk yourself into the gift cards ? Did you tell them that you had already pre-ordered?Also, did you happen to notice if they had any white 1020s still available?

Any info, greatly appreciated!
    07-26-2013 12:39 PM
    Well this is discouraging

From MS Chat:

Please wait while we find an agent to assist you....
    You have been connected to Bhaskarjyoti .
    Bhaskarjyoti : Hi Kevin, I'd be happy to help you today. For security reasons, could you please provide the last 4 digits of your SSN?
    Kevin Gittelman: ####
    Bhaskarjyoti : Thank you for the verification. It will just take a minute or two for me to review your order information.
    Kevin Gittelman: Thanks!
    Bhaskarjyoti : You are welcome,.
    Bhaskarjyoti : Thanks for your patience.
    Kevin Gittelman: No problem
    Bhaskarjyoti : Nokia Lumia 1020 Black for AT&T is a pre-order on Microsoft Store website. The phone has not been launched yet.
    Bhaskarjyoti : We will ship the order within 24 hours as soon as the model is launched.
    Bhaskarjyoti : We have more than 200 orders for Nokia Lumia 1020 Black and all the orders will be honored together once the phone gets launched.
    Kevin Gittelman: I thought today was the launch day
    Kevin Gittelman: at least that's what it says all over the MS store site
    Kevin Gittelman: Can you tell me when launch day is?
    Bhaskarjyoti : I completely agree with you. Please let me check the inventory for your order.
    Kevin Gittelman: Thanks!
    Bhaskarjyoti : You are welcome.
    Bhaskarjyoti : I appreciate your patience.
    Bhaskarjyoti : I have checked that Nokia Lumia 1020 Black has not arrived at our distribution center yet. We have not had a confirmation date of launch from our distribution center.
    Kevin Gittelman: So you have no idea when it is actually going to ship or even arrive, even though everything on the MS website said it would be today
    Kevin Gittelman: and you are also saying that today was not the launch date for the ####?
    Bhaskarjyoti : Kevin you are correct.
    Bhaskarjyoti : The wireless device you ordered is extremely popular. We have been notified that we will be receiving a shipment of these phones but at this time we do not have a firm shipping date.
    Bhaskarjyoti : We will start shipping as soon as we have the phone available in our inventory.
    Kevin Gittelman: And yet your reps have been telling everyone who pre-ordered that it would be shipping today

Bhaskarjyoti : I truly regret for the delay. In fact, we were informed by the manufacturer as they will supply the phone in bulk as usual. However, unfortunately, we could not meet our high expectation.

So they aren't even sure if its going to ship today and in fact it pretty much seems as if its not going to be shipping today
    07-26-2013 12:43 PM
    Just talked with a MS store rep, and they will be honoring mine too. Looks like i'm heading there today to pick my stuff up. Simplexity sure **** the bed on this one.
    07-26-2013 12:59 PM
    That is a very discouraging conversation. They couldn't meet the demands of what, maybe 1000 devices?
    07-26-2013 01:01 PM
    Actually as the conversation went on he let me know they had a whopping 600 pre orders
    07-26-2013 01:02 PM
    On the phone now just to make sure this guy wasn't just clueless

If anything changes I will update
    07-26-2013 01:03 PM
    Sitting here at the Microsoft Store getting my phone. Free camera grip, free $50 gift card, free $10 app gift card. No brainer. Cancel now.
    07-26-2013 01:05 PM
    Sitting here at the Microsoft Store getting my phone. Free camera grip, free $50 gift card, free $10 app gift card. No brainer. Cancel now.
    Did you have to cancel before going to the store, or do they set it as redeemed when you go to the store?
    07-26-2013 01:06 PM
    No MS Store anywhere near me
    07-26-2013 01:08 PM
    No MS Store anywhere near me
    :( Just hang tight buddy.
    07-26-2013 01:10 PM
612 ... 910111213 ...