09-01-2013 11:03 AM
612 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    Still twitching here... Have to order 60 surface pro tablets in a few days for work. Guess I know where I won't be ordering them from.
    MS Online Store phone sales are handled by Simplexity just like how Walmart does it. Totally different procedures.
    prjkthack likes this.
    07-29-2013 07:27 AM
    Today may be the day that I break and cancel my order...the weekend was brutal thinking about it
    07-29-2013 08:21 AM
    I actually have to drive to a doctor's appointment tomorrow which is 4.5 hrs away. This puts me within 46 miles of the MS store in Michigan. I've read the previous posts about our one and only awesome store in Troy. They are open in 11 minutes. I'll give them a call and see about stock and any other bonus offers I can sweet talk them out of.
    07-29-2013 08:49 AM
    Dear Erik,

Thank you for contacting our Customer Service Department.

I apologize for the delay in processing of the order due to unavailability of device. According to the order updates the launch date for the requested device has Nokia Lumia 1020 Yellow has been changed; however, we have not received any update so far. Please check back after 48 hours to get the update on the order. Once the device would be available in our distribution center after launch, the package will be shipped within 24 hours.

If you have any additional questions, please reply to this e-mail or you may log on to XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX and chat with a Live Agent. Agents are available 9AM-10PM EST Monday through Friday and 9AM-9PM EST on Saturdays.

Sincerely
    Sachin
    Customer Service Department

Srsly? If my order hasn't shipped in a few hours, I'm cancelling regardless. I don't want to give this place my business.
    07-29-2013 09:06 AM
    According to the order updates the launch date for the requested device has Nokia Lumia 1020 Yellow has been changed
    Um, yeah...it changed to LAST FRIDAY. lol wow...wonder how many IMs, emails and phones calls they got in regards to this botched endeavour? I would think after about the 15th person contacted them they might have begun exchanging IMs between their cubicles about irate peeps wanting their phones on "release day"...
    07-29-2013 09:29 AM
    Lol Martina Lawrence understands that...
    I am still laughing about Martina Lawrence.
    07-29-2013 09:35 AM
    I know. All i really wanted was a honest answer. I don't like the formulated responses, very terrible customer service. I am a customer service rep by the way and this is horrid service.
    07-29-2013 09:36 AM
    I apologize for the delay in processing of the order due to unavailability of device. According to the order updates the launch date for the requested device has Nokia Lumia 1020 Yellow has been changed; however, we have not received any update so far. Please check back after 48 hours to get the update on the order. Once the device would be available in our distribution center after launch, the package will be shipped within 24 hours.
    Now they are lying to you in the hopes that you don't get mad and cancel your order? That's terrible. I'm glad I cancelled.
    07-29-2013 09:58 AM
    Just got off chat. The phones are "out of stock". They are saying they never received the phones from Nokia.

p7js.jpg
    07-29-2013 10:06 AM
    Just got off chat. The phones are "out of stock". They are saying they never received the phones from Nokia.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p7js.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	38577
    Here is what I don't get. If it is a preorder with a contract on ATT with subsidized pricing, wouldn't all the phones come from ATT to get SIM cards and not Nokia? That would explain the delay. Your Preorder with Simplexity/MS is just getting line with ATT inventory and ATT will certainly take the $299 from in-store sales over preorders with so many involved parties.

In hindsight mode, I can see how the preorders for a phone could suck. It also explains why the preorder for the Surface was so outstanding, shipping two days before to show up on your doorstep on launch day - it was hardware MS actually made.
    07-29-2013 10:23 AM
    I am still laughing about Martina Lawrence.
    I think they added an "a" to the first name...should've been Martin Lawrence it was so (badly) comical...
    07-29-2013 10:26 AM
    I actually have to drive to a doctor's appointment tomorrow which is 4.5 hrs away. This puts me within 46 miles of the MS store in Michigan. I've read the previous posts about our one and only awesome store in Troy. They are open in 11 minutes. I'll give them a call and see about stock and any other bonus offers I can sweet talk them out of.
    The staff is nice enough, but the fact they have to read from a step by step three ring binder to do anything involving att is excruciating. If you are lucky the one guy who worked for att as a manager and knew exactly how to handle things will be there.

Im guessing you will get the either grip or 50, plus the 10$app. Make sure they apply the 50 because its pretty apparent they would rather you use that on another purchase. Good luck.
    07-29-2013 10:56 AM
    Pre-ordered as a "replacement phone" so no contract, full price.
    07-29-2013 10:57 AM
    Just got off the phone with the At&t store. Talk about a change in customer service... He is extremely sorry for my troubles with the MS store. They have the 1020 in stock, but no camera grips. He is checking the inventory of all at&t stores along the route to Ann Arbor trying to find me a black grip.
    07-29-2013 10:58 AM
    At&t store to the rescue! He located a black grip and it will be waiting in the store for me to pick up in the morning.

ms1.jpg
    ms2.jpg
    07-29-2013 11:31 AM
    I went to the physical MS Store and got the grip, $50 MS store card, and $10 app store card for both yellow and white. The only issue is they didn't have the grip in Yellow, so I got a black one instead. They also had the black wireless charging cases, but I decided to pass for now.
    07-29-2013 11:35 AM
    Worst part is that the MS Store website says nothing about them not being in stock either. I feel for all the people that ordered over the weekend hoping to get their devices this week. If preorders haven't shipped, these people will be waiting another two weeks lol.
    07-29-2013 12:17 PM
    Hi folks... I am so frustrated and can't help but feel that this whole launch "shortage" is fabricated. I pre-ordered on the morning of the 18th online at Microsoft Store and it is still out of stock. I live in the metro NY area and the phone is pretty widely available at AT&T and local MS stores that I have called. I didn't realize that by pre-ordering I was actually putting myself at the BACK of the line since anyone can walk into a store and pick up the device at will. My money has been held at the Microsoft Online Store with Simplexity and they have not been able to give me any confidence that the order will be shipped anytime soon.

Here is the online chat since I have been unable to reach anyone there by phone. I tried to be as respectful as possible, but they just keep evading any answers.

[MS Store] : Hi, I'd be happy to help you today. For security reasons, could you please provide the last 4 digits of your SSN?

[Me]: Sure, ####

[MS Store] : Thank you for the verification. It will just take a minute or two for me to review your order information.

[Me]: Thanks!

[MS Store] : You are welcome.

[MS Store] : Thank you for your patience.

[MS Store] : I see that the order is being processed; however, the requested phone models Nokia Lumia 1020 White and Yellow are not available in our stock now.

[MS Store] : Unfortunately, we do not have any exact stock availability date of the phones yet.

[Me]: I know you guys must be swamped with activity, but have not received any info on my order from the 18th. The Lumia #### is available at nearly every AT&T store in my area.

[MS Store] : I understand that and apologize for the delay.

[MS Store] : Please allow us 24 hours for further update regarding the stock availability.

[Me]: Please help me understand... I pre-ordered and the money was taken from my account already. People who did NOT pre-order are able to pick them up locally... yet I still do not have any information on when you will receive stock or when it will even ship>

[MS Store] : I completely understand your concern; however, we are still waiting for the stock availability from the manufacturer.

[MS Store] : Once the stock will be available, we will process the order on priority basis.

[Me]: I get that... but you are representing Microsoft. What is the purpose of pre-ordering and paying in advance if I end up at the BACK of the line because the devices are available locally?

[MS Store] : I can imagine how disappointed you are; however, there is many pre-orders we are expecting the stock soon for the phones.

[MS Store] : Please allow us 24 hours for further stock availability.

[MS Store] : Is there anything else I can help you with?

[Me]: Respectfully... "soon" is very subjective and does not make me feel good about this whole experience. I can't help but feel that my order is not important to Microsoft. And I am missing any opportunity to get the phone because you are holding my money.

[MS Store] : I am sorry to hear that you feel that way; however, you are a valuable customer for us.

[MS Store] : The wireless device you ordered are extremely popular. We have been notified that we will be receiving a shipment of these phones but at this time we do not have a firm shipping date. If you prefer not to wait, we would be happy to change your phone to a different model that is in-stock so that we can expedite your order.

[Me]: Understood, but that is not really fair. You sold me on a pre-order that is actually quite widely available in stores locally. I paid in advance to be put ahead of the line on the launch, and I am in the back. Help me understand what I paid for exactly?

[MS Store] : I do agree with you; however, we are offering the phones in cheaper price than a store and once the stock will be available we will process the order.

[MS Store] : Is there anything else I can do for you today?

[Me]: How so? I am paying $### with Microsoft like I would be at AT&T?

[MS Store] : I understand that; however, our prices are cheaper than a store.

[Me]: What is cheaper if it is the same price?

[MS Store] : That might be same; however, once the phones will be in our stock we will be able to process the order.

[Me]: So you agree that the price is the same, shipment is slower than picking up locally, and you can't provide me with any timeframe on stock or delivery?

[MS Store] : I do not mean I am agree, the price might be same at a store; however, we always offer better deal than a store provides.

[Me]: By placing a pre-order, I have missed the opportunity to pick up locally on the launch date and you can still not let me know any timeframe for delivery. What is so much better about this deal?

[MS Store] : I understand that and apologize for the inconvenience caused to you so far.

[MS Store] : Please check the stock availability after 24 hours regarding the phone models.

[MS Store] : Is there anything else I can help you with?

[Me]:
    [MS Store], this whole experience has turned me off nearly entirely from Microsoft and most specifically Simplexity. What frustrates me is the lack of communication and a missed opportunity of having the product that I paid for in hand if I picked it up locally.

[MS Store] : We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced, and we will do our best to rectify the situation immediately.

[Me]: Unfortunately your company hasn't given me any faith that it can or will. This is a shame, and I am sorry that you have to handle this problem on the front line for them.

[MS Store] : I can imagine hour frustrating this is and we will do our best to rectify the issue.

[MS Store] : Is there anything else I can do for you today?

[Me]: If you can ship my order, that would be delightful. But otherwise, not at this time. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Take care...
    Alan Lai and Mohak Adav like this.
    07-29-2013 12:27 PM
    I heard from a customer rep that orders from the Microsoft Online has had problems with the warehouse distribution center that ships them. The representative I spoke with apologized and said they should all be shipping out tomorrow (7/30).

Just an FYI for those of you that are still waiting for your online orders.
    Last edited by Alan Lai; 07-29-2013 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Grammar lol
    navidee and IMStrugglin like this.
    07-29-2013 12:33 PM
    Thanks for the update, Alan... but unfortunately this is yet another WP phone launch where PRE-ORDER = BACK OF THE LINE.

The devices are available locally, so we are probably getting played so that we can trump up the noise/demand/shortages about the device. I am happy to play a part in promoting the phone, but yet again this is a release that leaves me feeling bitter.
    07-29-2013 12:39 PM
    I heard from a customer rep that orders from the Microsoft Online has had a problem with the warehouse distribution center that ships them. The representative I spoke with apologized and said they should all be shipping out tomorrow (7/30).

See these are the kind of answers i would have been happy with with this morning instead of I don't know.

Thanks Alan,
    07-29-2013 01:11 PM
    I guess I will hold out until Wed, if nothing by Wed, MS Store here I come
    07-29-2013 01:23 PM
    Yeah, I was told to call the 877 number to microsoft tomorrow to check again.

Has anyone else had the problem where they called into Microsoft and gave them their preorder # but them not have any record of it? Only the online cat people seem to have records of my order.
    07-29-2013 01:45 PM
    Sigh. Thinking about just cancelling my order and staying with my 920 until Nokia's next flagship is released.
    tpperlman likes this.
    07-29-2013 02:04 PM
    Sigh. Thinking about just cancelling my order and staying with my 920 until Nokia's next flagship is released.
    Same boat... are you thinking about holding out or switch carriers too? The T-Mobile UP plan sounds much better than AT&T's Next. Haven't much explored Verizon's version yet...
    07-29-2013 02:16 PM
612 ... 1617181920 ...