09-01-2013 11:03 AM
612 1234 ...
tools
    Ok, called the MS Store and again...somehow I got the same EXACT guy when I called last time. -lol. Anyway, he assured me that since my order was just an upgrade to an existing account with no change to my current plan that carrier verification is not really needed, and that they check ATT as soon as the order is placed to check upgrade eligibility. -which he said everything looks good from the ATT verification.

Whatever, I guess we'll see soon on whether or not that is the case....
    I called yesterday and was told almost the exact same thing by a female rep, so I'm going to assume that is probably accurate. She said she could see that I had an upgrade available.
    07-21-2013 06:55 AM
    I called yesterday and was told almost the exact same thing by a female rep, so I'm going to assume that is probably accurate. She said she could see that I had an upgrade available.
    cool, yea that is reassuring then.
    07-21-2013 08:10 AM
    Sometime today, my order progressed and now I have 3 of the 4 boxes checked on the order verification screen...
    07-21-2013 03:37 PM
    Sometime today, my order progressed and now I have 3 of the 4 boxes checked on the order verification screen...
    Nice. Still sitting at the first check box for me...I will check again tomorrow. All shipments should be in tomorrow anyway...if there is no change by Wednesday, I'll probably cancel and just go to the store to buy it.
    07-21-2013 04:45 PM
    Make sure you keep checking your order status. This morning I still just had the first check box, but the description changed from pre-order to "order received." Then this afternoon it went to an exception status and I had to call in. For some whacky reason everything on my order was the same, except the name changed to someone else!! Still had my acct number, phone number, address, but was listed under a different name so they couldn't verify with AT&T.

Spent 20 minutes on the phone with a rep to try to clear it up. While I was on the phone it progressed, all boxes checked except for the "shipped" status.
    07-21-2013 06:33 PM
    Nice. Still sitting at the first check box for me...I will check again tomorrow. All shipments should be in tomorrow anyway...if there is no change by Wednesday, I'll probably cancel and just go to the store to buy it.
    That's my plans also. I am thinking we should all see shipped by Wednesday
    07-21-2013 08:00 PM
    Didn't I just suggest that several posts ago?! :P lol

Anyway, same status as everyone else here... sitting at pending confirmation with carrier.
    07-21-2013 08:49 PM
    Didn't I just suggest that several posts ago?! :P lol

Anyway, same status as everyone else here... sitting at pending confirmation with carrier.
    Lol you did! Hahaha, you have to excuse my anxiety here. -I honestly have been obsessed with this phone since December 2012 -ever since the first leaks started coming in. xD
    07-21-2013 08:57 PM
    Since they changed the policy on the free camera grip (all orders vs 2 year contract) I called to see if I was getting the grip. While I had the guy on the line, I asked about ship dates. After some hold time, he said the fulfillment warehouse would be receiving the phones on the 26th, and shipped out that same day.

Take that info for what it's worth.
    07-22-2013 09:11 AM
    Even its the same when i called yesterday....as yours is an upgrade...we'll let you know when the we get the devices...and ship them
    07-22-2013 09:12 AM
    Since they changed the policy on the free camera grip (all orders vs 2 year contract) I called to see if I was getting the grip. While I had the guy on the line, I asked about ship dates. After some hold time, he said the fulfillment warehouse would be receiving the phones on the 26th, and shipped out that same day.

Take that info for what it's worth.
    I hope that is wrong. Really hope.
    Last edited by prjkthack; 07-22-2013 at 12:58 PM.
    07-22-2013 10:10 AM
    I am hoping for Friday delivery but expecting monday-wed next week.

I just bought a brand new car though, so I'm satisfied with material things for the time being ;)
    vizagdude, giffis and xconomicron like this.
    07-22-2013 10:21 AM
    @andybbott111

My thoughts exactly about delivery on Friday and expecting monday-wed next week, but here is hoping for a ship date of the 23rd like the ATT pre-orders.

Also, did any of you have different delivery options when ordering? I only had one which was "next day delivery".
    07-22-2013 11:03 AM
    MS official website says phones will ship on launch day.
    imageuploadedbywpcentral-forums1374511981.597850.jpg
    07-22-2013 11:53 AM
    And I emailed MS support to ask if we will be receiving a camera grip in the color of our phone order. This was the response:

"I am sorry to say that I can not assure you about the Lumia Camera Grip associated with your purchase as it is an accessory and will be randomly pick by the warehouse. "
    07-22-2013 11:57 AM
    And I emailed MS support to ask if we will be receiving a camera grip in the color of our phone order. This was the response:

"I am sorry to say that I can not assure you about the Lumia Camera Grip associated with your purchase as it is an accessory and will be randomly pick by the warehouse. "
    Gay
    07-22-2013 12:02 PM
    Right? We are going to have to run an exchange on this site to get everyone the colors they need.
    07-22-2013 12:04 PM
    MS official website says phones will ship on launch day.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByWPCentral Forums1374511981.597850.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	37866
    I will be cancelling mine then and will just go to my at&t store before they open and grab one
    07-22-2013 12:14 PM
    Right? We are going to have to run an exchange on this site to get everyone the colors they need.
    lololol
    07-22-2013 12:32 PM
    MS Store shipped my Surface RT a day before the launch date and it arrived on the official launch date. Hope it's the same in the case.

I am sticking with my order with them because not having to pay tax on $699 is better
    07-22-2013 12:40 PM
    MS Store shipped my Surface RT a day before the launch date and it arrived on the official launch date. Hope it's the same in the case.

I am sticking with my order with them because not having to pay tax on $699 is better
    I agree but that's if they don't charge you for the tax fee once the order is shipped. I was a little concerned about it myself but still ordered through the site. Can anyone on this forum confirm whether the Microsoft Online Store charges a different fee once the ordered is shipped?

Also, even if you pick it up from the ATT store, your likely to pay pretty much the same price after tax considering that it's $40 cheaper.
    07-22-2013 01:03 PM
    I agree but that's if they don't charge you for the tax fee once the order is shipped. I was a little concerned about it myself but still ordered through the site. Can anyone on this forum confirm whether the Microsoft Online Store charges a different fee once the ordered is shipped?

Also, even if you pick it up from the ATT store, your likely to pay pretty much the same price after tax considering that it's $40 cheaper.
    I'd be very surprised if there isn't a tax, as there is a physical MS store in most states and as such they'd need to charge it.

Whether it ships or arrives on Friday (or next week...please no!), I still think getting the camera grip for free is worth an extra few days of waiting.
    07-22-2013 01:55 PM

MS Store charges tax, but Lumia 1020 is fulfilled by Simplexity which operated based in VA. I am upgrading using the 2 years plan so it's the same $299 price.

It would be AT&T: $299 + $699 * 9% = $361.91 and I do not get a Camera Grip vs MS Store : $299 + $36 Activation (Which might not get charged because I have Premier account)

I'd be very surprised if there isn't a tax, as there is a physical MS store in most states and as such they'd need to charge it.

Whether it ships or arrives on Friday (or next week...please no!), I still think getting the camera grip for free is worth an extra few days of waiting.
    MS Store charges tax, but Lumia 1020 is fulfilled by Simplexity which operated based in VA. It seems that AT&T is shipping it out July 23rd, when exactly is the official release date?
    07-22-2013 02:16 PM
    I will not go another weekend without my 1020 😊
    07-22-2013 02:26 PM
    Ill just be happy to have it before August 1st as I will be relaxing on vacation. Don't let me down MS Store!
    07-22-2013 02:55 PM
612 1234 ...