09-01-2013 11:03 AM
612 ... 2122232425
tools
    No shipments still. Im cancelling my order. Damn simplexity to hell
    07-31-2013 03:46 PM
    Sorry, I forgot to mention 10% discount for .edu mail id's. my friends kid got that for me.
    Can we get 10% off with microsoft phone orders? I just spoke with a representative and they said only one promo code can be used per order.
    Last edited by Alan Lai; 07-31-2013 at 04:12 PM.
    07-31-2013 04:02 PM
    On the code I received there WERE conditions. Especially the one saying that it could not be used in their phone store.
    Really?

Here is my email. The only condition I see in there is that it doesn't work at any store other than the Microsoft Online store. Did you get a different email? Or did you get that condition when you went to use it? There is a difference. Because they are giving the codes out to those who they know cancelled, I assume this is just an I'm sorry coupon. It is for $150 off of a $150 purchase, so the odds are good that you will have to come out of pocket some amount.

"Because there was a delay in shipping your order, wed like to make it up to you by giving you a $150 gift card, good for your next purchase of $150 or more at the Microsoft Store online. To use your gift card, just <a href=Microsoft Store - Free shipping. Free returns. On everything, every day>come back to the store</a>, put the items you want in your cart, and use this promo code when youre checking out:"
    07-31-2013 04:10 PM
    Can we get 10% off with microsoft phone orders? I just spoke with a representative and they said only one promo code can be used per order.
    phone order I am not sure... I applied education I'd code first then the 150 code... It took both...
    07-31-2013 04:19 PM
    Since I haven't seen a flood of posts here saying phones have shipped, I assume anyone still on here is in the same boat as me. I still have the dreaded ! in Shipped.

I called customer service earlier today and was told that IF the phones came in today, before FedEx's cut off time for next-day sipping, they would ship the phones today. Since I made that call about an hour before that cut off time I assumed orders wouldn't ship today. I guess MS has missed their own deadline. Has a single person received their pre-ordered phone?

I really hope that I get this phone by Friday!

My question now is, if everyone else selling this phone (Amazon, AT&T, eBay!) has it in stock, why can't Simplexity, supposedly one of the biggest phone retailers, get any in stock??

I can order the Lumia 1020 from Amazon right now for $270, on contract, and have it by Friday. With THIS pre-order, I really don't know when I'll get the phone.

All that being said, considering the free camera grip, the $150 credit and the fact that most of us are not being charged sales tax, the effective price of $149.99 for what would normally be $374 is still the best deal anywhere for the Lumia 1020.

I am still irritated that Simplexity won't suffer any consequences for this situation. As previously mentioned by others, the $150 credit cannot be used to buy phones on the MS Store website, which probably means Simplexity is not providing the credit.
    07-31-2013 04:27 PM
    I cancelled my order. This is ridiculous. Ill go buy my phone in a few weeks now. Im over it lol.
    07-31-2013 04:28 PM
    Since I haven't seen a flood of posts here saying phones have shipped, I assume anyone still on here is in the same boat as me. I still have the dreaded ! in Shipped.

I called customer service earlier today and was told that IF the phones came in today, before FedEx's cut off time for next-day sipping, they would ship the phones today. Since I made that call about an hour before that cut off time I assumed orders wouldn't ship today. I guess MS has missed their own deadline. Has a single person received their pre-ordered phone?

I really hope that I get this phone by Friday!

My question now is, if everyone else selling this phone (Amazon, AT&T, eBay!) has it in stock, why can't Simplexity, supposedly one of the biggest phone retailers, get any in stock??

I can order the Lumia 1020 from Amazon right now for $270, on contract, and have it by Friday. With THIS pre-order, I really don't know when I'll get the phone.

All that being said, considering the free camera grip, the $150 credit and the fact that most of us are not being charged sales tax, the effective price of $149.99 for what would normally be $374 is still the best deal anywhere for the Lumia 1020.

I am still irritated that Simplexity won't suffer any consequences for this situation. As previously mentioned by others, the $150 credit cannot be used to buy phones on the MS Store website, which probably means Simplexity is not providing the credit.
    I don't think you can really blame it on Simplexity, the blame should be on Nokia who isn't delivering the product to Simplexity.

Can anyone do a chat to see if they got the shipment in? It's 5:30PM EST
    07-31-2013 04:33 PM
    The reason why I'm not canceling is because of tax. I can wait it out a few days for 80 dollars (ordered unlocked with the yearly protection plan).

phone order I am not sure... I applied education I'd code first then the 150 code... It took both...
    If you can apply two promo codes...is there no reason why we couldnt stack promo codes we got from Microsoft? (i.e. if we recieved 2 $150 promo codes)?

If so, if anyone doesn't want a $150 promo code, message me it and I'll be extremely grateful :).
    Last edited by Alan Lai; 07-31-2013 at 04:47 PM.
    07-31-2013 04:34 PM
    I don't think you can really blame it on Simplexity, the blame should be on Nokia who isn't delivering the product to Simplexity.
    Or then the fault lies at Simplexity, since everyone else has received stock. Supply chains do not comprise only sellers. They also include buyers. Sometimes the buyer screws up.
    07-31-2013 04:55 PM
    Just a heads up to others who might be in a similar situation: I found out today that the microsoft store will only ship the phone to your billing address. I am buying the phone off-contract and my order had an exclamation next the order validation for the past few weeks. However, under status it said "approved, awaiting inventory" so I figured I was ok. Just to be safe I contacted a chat representative this morning and was ensured everything was fine and they were only waiting for inventory. Then later in the day I was notified that there was a problem, that my shipping and billing address needed to match.
    07-31-2013 05:25 PM
    On the code I received there WERE conditions. Especially the one saying that it could not be used in their phone store.
    That's only because there is no way to enter the code when you are re-directed to Simplexity. You can't use the code because it for the Microsoft Store only.
    07-31-2013 05:42 PM
    So I cancelled my online pre-order from Microsoft Online Store on the 26, due to the inventory issues so i went to the Microsoft Store near me Got the My Lumia 1020+ Free Camera Grip+$50 Gift Card+$10 for Apps+Today i used the $150 Gift card Code from Microsoft's apology email. best decision ever made.
    giffis likes this.
    07-31-2013 05:56 PM
    Just a tip... the $150 gift card/promo code can be used... multiple times... either that or I got lucky. I bought over $450 of stuff from the Microsoft Store for next to nothing.
    giffis likes this.
    07-31-2013 06:07 PM
    I'm giving it till Friday then cancelling my MS order and ordering it for $269 from Amazon. Already ordered wireless charging stand and charging cover for my 1020 using my code! Would like to still get my free camera cover with the phone but my patience is about gone.. I don't have much patience for, as of now, two broken promises...
    Last edited by cdodgela; 07-31-2013 at 06:35 PM.
    07-31-2013 06:20 PM
    If this is NOT a Simplexity problem, how is it that every other retailer that offers the Lumia 1020, including MS retail stores, has it in stock? Is their "distribution center" actually a 14-foot boat in the middle of of the Pacific Ocean that's impossible to find? Is Nokia and/or AT&T holding out on them? And if so, for what reason? Early reports indicate that the phone is not sold out except for a few specific AT&T locations.

At this point someone from their distribution center could have gone out and bought all the excess stock of Lumia 1020s from local AT&T stores and sent those to some of us and at least some of us would have new phones.

The bottom line is, no one else is having any difficulty getting these phones from the same sources (Nokia and/or AT&T) so whatever the problem is, it's with Simplexity.

07-31-2013 07:02 PM
    On the same order or multiple orders?

... multiple times...
    07-31-2013 07:08 PM
    Just a tip... the $150 gift card/promo code can be used... multiple times... either that or I got lucky. I bought over $450 of stuff from the Microsoft Store for next to nothing.
    has your order shipped?
    07-31-2013 07:12 PM
    Just a heads up to others who might be in a similar situation: I found out today that the microsoft store will only ship the phone to your billing address. I am buying the phone off-contract and my order had an exclamation next the order validation for the past few weeks. However, under status it said "approved, awaiting inventory" so I figured I was ok. Just to be safe I contacted a chat representative this morning and was ensured everything was fine and they were only waiting for inventory. Then later in the day I was notified that there was a problem, that my shipping and billing address needed to match.
    so this is ridiculous, but after a 3 tries the last chat agent cancelled my order, despite my protests that it just be held until my billing address on my credit card was updated by the card company. Complete insanity. Its like they don't want me to give them my money.
    07-31-2013 07:43 PM
    No shipment today, they are expecting it tomorrow.
    07-31-2013 07:53 PM
    Your order has to be a minimum of $150.
    07-31-2013 08:05 PM
    No shipment today, they are expecting it tomorrow.
    I believe we've heard that somewhere before...lather, rinse, repeat...sigh...sorry for this...at this point preorderers via MS Online will be lucky if their "preorders" ship a week *after* launch date... they should just ship you a voucher for an XBox One with your phone and call it good. Ugh...
    giffis likes this.
    07-31-2013 08:08 PM
    Wonder if I'll get a second code for cancelling today. I also had the chance to take a survey. That was very gratifying!
    07-31-2013 09:40 PM
    Boo! I preordered Friday as well but no 150 for me....I hate my luck.
    07-31-2013 10:01 PM
    Took my $150 code and bought the cyan Purity ear buds already on sale for $40, a cyan charging plate, and those Creative speakers. Now I'm going to cancel my 1020 order, save the $300 and stop cheating on my 920. Better luck next time.
    Alan Lai likes this.
    07-31-2013 10:37 PM
    Sneaky!! Why didn't I think of that? Oh, wait. I'm still using a Nokia 5110. I REALLY NEED the Lumia 1020!!

Took my $150 code and bought the cyan Purity ear buds already on sale for $40, a cyan charging plate, and those Creative speakers. Now I'm going to cancel my 1020 order, save the $300 and stop cheating on my 920. Better luck next time.
    220px-nokia_5110.jpg
    07-31-2013 11:07 PM
612 ... 2122232425