09-01-2013 11:03 AM
612 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    Just got off a CHAT support session with MS, they state they don't have the phone, and are scheduled to receive them tomorrow. They will ship once received. This is pretty upsetting.

Meaning, if they don't get the phones tomorrow, they don't ship. And if they do, they ship tomorrow, so in that case we won't receive the phone until the following week. #MicrosoftDropsBall
    Microsoft didn't do anything wrong, other than farming out their cell phone sales through simplexity.

Honestly though, if you can't wait, cancel and take your chances tomorrow am. Unfortunately I work a 8-5:30 job and don't get home until after 7pm, so I don't have the option to go to a store. And I want the free camera grip. Im sure that's why most of us are willing to wait. We will all be happy campers come Monday.
    07-25-2013 06:14 PM
    Hey navidee, appreciate that, get your point. I own a business and if I promise my customers a date of deliver, I'm expected to deliver. MS is not a small lil company that if their partners or channels come through, we just say "oh well, it's not their fault" c'mon.

MS promised phones on Launch date, they should have worked everything out with simplexity or Nokia. Nokia is their loyal WP partners for godsake! MS should have been the 1st to get the phones. AT&T shipped their phones out today, to be received tomorrow. It's not about "can't wait" (I'm not 5 years old) or I should have gone through AT&T. ;-)

You would expect MS to be more on the ball when it comes to Windows Phones, I'm a loyal WP user and MS guy, but their lack of coming through lately is disappointing. This is the 1st time I shop through MS/MS Store and it's sad.

- Loyal WP Fan since Windows Mobile! =)
    xconomicron likes this.
    07-25-2013 06:29 PM
    Hey Jmerrey, I spoke to MS "rep" (higher than just a little rep) and they stated they would ship early too. But didn't want to put it in writing because of the issue they just ran into. They covered their as$es, but still disappointing.

I get your point tho, but word is they still don't have the phones yet, think about that. =)
    07-25-2013 06:34 PM
    Release date is tomorrow. It's been clearly stated from the beginning that MS would ship them on release date. AT&T clearly stated they would ship them early.
    Exactly. No ball dropped here, and we save ~$115 for our patience in the way of no sales tax, free overnight shipping, and a free camera grip. I can live with that.

Nothing wrong with canceling the order and running into a store if you want it quicker though.
    07-25-2013 06:57 PM
    MS promised phones on Launch date, they should have worked everything out with simplexity or Nokia. Nokia is their loyal WP partners for godsake! MS should have been the 1st to get the phones. AT&T shipped their phones out today, to be received tomorrow. It's not about "can't wait" (I'm not 5 years old) or I should have gone through AT&T. ;-)

You would expect MS to be more on the ball when it comes to Windows Phones, I'm a loyal WP user and MS guy, but their lack of coming through lately is disappointing. This is the 1st time I shop through MS/MS Store and it's sad.
    They committed to ship on launch date. I never got any promise beyond that.

I've ordered plenty from them in the past and always get great results. In fact, I preordered a Surface Pro and got it a day early.
    elRamiro10 likes this.
    07-25-2013 07:01 PM
    Just an update from me. I preordered my 1020 on the 18th and came home tonight to find I finally got 3 green check marks and a red exclamation point. Now here's to hoping it ships tomorrow.
    xconomicron likes this.
    07-25-2013 07:03 PM
    Just an update from me. I preordered my 1020 on the 18th and came home tonight to find I finally got 3 green check marks and a red exclamation point. Now here's to hoping it ships tomorrow.
    I ordered on the 17th and now have all but shipped as well, so I'm confident it will ship tonight or tomorrow. I'm a happy camper.
    xconomicron and elRamiro10 like this.
    07-25-2013 07:06 PM
    oh that's a plus. Keeping my fingers crossed that mine ships tomorrow too.
    07-25-2013 07:22 PM
    They committed to ship on launch date. I never got any promise beyond that.

I've ordered plenty from them in the past and always get great results. In fact, I preordered a Surface Pro and got it a day early.
    Thanks GoodThings... HOpe they do come through...

Funny I'm usually defending MS, but I still think they dropped the ball.
    07-25-2013 07:27 PM
    I think a lot of us hoped MS would ship early, same as AT&T, but it was a gamble. However, it was a gamble that paid off either way since you get the free grip and no sales tax. Is it worth it? I dunno, tomorrow will be hard to not want to cancel my order and head straight to AT&T to buy one. But come Monday when I also have a free camera grip I'll be glad I waited.

Two points to make:
    1) What perplexes me is why does AT&T get their supply that much in advance of MS? Should service provider come before the platform/OS owner? In this case I think they probably got it backwards.

2) If no one from AT&T got their phones until Monday, would anyone who ordered from MS even be upset? :) Not pointing the finger, caues I've thought the same thing, but seems like a case of "that's not fair!"
    07-25-2013 07:28 PM
    Well, I just got off the phone with my local AT&T store. They have the 1020's in, but can't sell them until tomorrow. They put a yellow one under the desk for me, so I cancelled my MS order. I'm sure they'll be shipped tomorrow, but I honestly don't want to wait. The camera grip isn't that important.

Good luck to all the ones who ordered from MS!
    07-25-2013 08:07 PM
    Preordered at ATTs website on the 16th (present for my mom). It came today she's very happy with it!
    nice, on behalf of all the MS preorder customers congratulations!
    techiedude007 and prrios like this.
    07-25-2013 08:16 PM
    nice, on behalf of all the MS preorder customers congratulations!
    oops, didn't realize this was an ms store thread!
    07-25-2013 08:21 PM
    1) What perplexes me is why does AT&T get their supply that much in advance of MS? Should service provider come before the platform/OS owner? In this case I think they probably got it backwards.
    The aggravating thing here is the same frustration I have regarding the software updates... at some point in time, Microsoft needs to put customers ahead of carriers. There's a reason why AT&T is the most hated company in the US, and Microsoft needs to find a way to better balance the relationship between them, customers and carriers. My personal suggestion is that they decouple all the "hubs, apps, and settings modules" from the core OS so that they can be updated via WP Store on a more regular basis. Obviously Nokia is able to release various Settings module updates, and so can Microsoft. If they did it this way, they can push out updates as apps more often, and they don't need to be carrier tested because they don't impact the hardware compatibility or radio operations.
    Jeff Schaub and xconomicron like this.
    07-25-2013 08:27 PM
    The aggravating thing here is the same frustration I have regarding the software updates... at some point in time, Microsoft needs to put customers ahead of carriers. There's a reason why AT&T is the most hated company in the US, and Microsoft needs to find a way to better balance the relationship between them, customers and carriers. My personal suggestion is that they decouple all the "hubs, apps, and settings modules" from the core OS so that they can be updated via WP Store on a more regular basis. Obviously Nokia is able to release various Settings module updates, and so can Microsoft. If they did it this way, they can push out updates as apps more often, and they don't need to be carrier tested because they don't impact the hardware compatibility or radio operations.
    well, with the whole MS reorganization...I wouldn't count anything out. -Even though Terry Myerson is still in charge, I'm sure more pressure will accrue on the WP development team to get things done faster and/or change to keep up with Windows development.
    07-25-2013 08:57 PM
    I ordered mine on the 23rd. :(
    Says "Approved - Awaiting Inventory" :(
    xconomicron likes this.
    07-25-2013 09:03 PM
    lol nice. Seems like they are picking up on approving orders...haha
    07-25-2013 09:12 PM
    Well, I just got off the phone with my local AT&T store. They have the 1020's in, but can't sell them until tomorrow. They put a yellow one under the desk for me, so I cancelled my MS order. I'm sure they'll be shipped tomorrow, but I honestly don't want to wait. The camera grip isn't that important.

Good luck to all the ones who ordered from MS!
    Sad face. Us few that ordered through MS have been like family these last few days/weeks. lol.
    jmerrey likes this.
    07-25-2013 09:15 PM
    "Why would you want the camera grip?"

interesting article off MNB...

Why would you want the Lumia 1020 camera grip ? Hint: its not just the battery. : My Nokia Blog
    07-25-2013 09:21 PM
    Can anyone confirm yet if the color of their grip matches the color of the phone they ordered or is everyone receiving the same color?
    07-25-2013 09:34 PM
    Can anyone confirm yet if the color of their grip matches the color of the phone they ordered or is everyone receiving the same color?
    No one will know until either 1) we get order shipment confirmation or 2) we get our orders in.
    07-25-2013 09:39 PM
    Ordered a Yellow 1020, so I don't care much if the grip is Yellow or Black, just not white (don't think it will look that good IMO).
    07-25-2013 09:42 PM
    bleh. I ordered 8am on the 19th and mine just still has 1 checkmark.
    07-25-2013 09:48 PM
    bleh. I ordered 8am on the 19th and mine just still has 1 checkmark.
    Call them. i ordered mine the 17th and it had 1 check-mark until yesterday when I called. They just spend 5 minutes checking and then give you the check marks.
    07-25-2013 09:51 PM
    Call them. i ordered mine the 17th and it had 1 check-mark until yesterday when I called. They just spend 5 minutes checking and then give you the check marks.
    yeah if it's not updated tomorrow I'll call in the morning when I get to work.
    07-25-2013 09:56 PM
612 ... 7891011 ...