MS Store Lumia 1020 Pre-orders

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else that has pre-ordered through the (online) MS Store (258 by the last count on the unscientific/unofficial WPC poll) seen their status get past "Order Received" on the "View Receipt" status page? Have any of you actually reached "Carrier Approval" or "Order Validation Status"?

I spoke on the phone with a rep (for the third party website handling the orders, I think) and they said the phones would ship when they were in stock and my status would be updated then. I don't think they are aware that the phones are a pre-order and haven't been released to gen pop yet...

Techiedude

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
Has anyone else that has pre-ordered through the (online) MS Store (258 by the last count on the unscientific/unofficial WPC poll) seen their status get past "Order Received" on the "View Receipt" status page? Have any of you actually reached "Carrier Approval" or "Order Validation Status"?

I spoke on the phone with a rep (for the third party website handling the orders, I think) and they said the phones would ship when they were in stock and my status would be updated then. I don't think they are aware that the phones are a pre-order and haven't been released to gen pop yet...

Techiedude

yea no, mine has not received carrier approval yet...I'm getting worried. lol

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
yea no, mine has not received carrier approval yet...I'm getting worried. lol

Wahoo!!! A lot has changed in four hours. I just checked status and the only one without a green checkmark is "Shipped" (a techie can dream, right?). So check yours now. I ordered mine on the evening of the 16th so it's been about 36-40 hours since I placed the order.

Techiedude

snguyen10

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Yours is shipped!? I'm jealous! Hopefully this indicates we'll either get our phone the day of release (Friday the 26th) or before that.

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Yours is shipped!? I'm jealous! Hopefully this indicates we'll either get our phone the day of release (Friday the 26th) or before that.

Lol, no. "the only one without a green checkmark is "Shipped"". Keyword there is "without". It still has a red exclamation point. :(

Of particular interest is what's below that: the Status in the "SHIPMENT 1" area, it has a link for "Approved - Awaiting Inventory". When I click the link it says "Special note for Preorders: If you placed an order for a device that is currently in preorder, we will begin shipping them in the order they were received as soon as we are authorized to release the devices." It also says "We apologize for the inconvenience, but the phone you ordered is extremely popular." lol

Don't know where I am in line (ordered around 6p on the 16th) but will remain hopeful til given reason to be otherwise lol

All: If you pre-ordered from MS online, drop us a line here with the time/date you ordered and if you have good news for a status update.

Techiedude

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Everything I read on the site says that the status of the order basically won't update until they get the phones in, at which point they'll go ahead and get carrier approval and start shipping. But if yours got updated then that's a really good sign... mine hasn't updated... and I ordered the evening of the 16th as well...

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
Everything I read on the site says that the status of the order basically won't update until they get the phones in, at which point they'll go ahead and get carrier approval and start shipping. But if yours got updated then that's a really good sign... mine hasn't updated... and I ordered the evening of the 16th as well...

Ditto I ordered on the evening of the 16th. Mine still has yet to be updated. I check like every 3 hours or so.

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
Glad I am not the only one.. I ordered mine around 2pm CST on the the 16th too.. (around when MS opened their ordering)

Lol yea, I will be pissed if somehow my order gets cancelled right at ship time. Both ATT (a preorder that I cancelled) and Simplexity took money out of my account.

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I still see nothing more than the first checkmark, so I e-mailed them to ask to make sure that everything is alright. Just preventative to make sure nothing stalls them shipping the phone.

dogfacedsoldier

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Ordered on 7/16 around 3pm ET and was told I had a hold on transaction due to balance on account, and the Rep said AT&T would approve after balance was zeroed. She gave me the order number and told me to call back after I made payment. I made payment to AT&T and checked the order page, which said "Order Received". I called the next day to confirm I made payment, the Rep checked with AT&T account liaison and said I should be good. After a couple hours the web site had green checks for Carrier Approval and Order Validation. Shipped has red exclamation mark. Funny thing was I had previously tried to order on AT&T site for upgrade but it said I wasn't eligible, as my contract ends in December. Seems this was allowed via MS site. Ordered Yellow plus camera grip and can't wait to ditch my HTC Titan!

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
Ordered on 7/16 around 3pm ET and was told I had a hold on transaction due to balance on account, and the Rep said AT&T would approve after balance was zeroed. She gave me the order number and told me to call back after I made payment. I made payment to AT&T and checked the order page, which said "Order Received". I called the next day to confirm I made payment, the Rep checked with AT&T account liaison and said I should be good. After a couple hours the web site had green checks for Carrier Approval and Order Validation. Shipped has red exclamation mark. Funny thing was I had previously tried to order on AT&T site for upgrade but it said I wasn't eligible, as my contract ends in December. Seems this was allowed via MS site. Ordered Yellow plus camera grip and can't wait to ditch my HTC Titan!

Interesting...My account has a zero balance already as I pay on the 6th of every month. The billing period ends though today. -Whatever, I have a feeling I did something wrong when I ordered through the MS Store. But good thing you got yours to go through! -I think that makes 2 people on this thread to have all green except for the shipping.

Anybody else showing green checks on carrier approval and order validation from the MS Store?

Simplexity = misnomer

Last edited:

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I just called customer service and asked them to check the status of my order, she went and verified my carrier eligibility while I was on the phone and updated my status immediately. Now I'm at 3 green checkmarks.

I would probably recommend that if you're only at the first check mark, that you call up and verify your order status as soon as you can!

TemjinC

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Had to chat with the Customer Service when I placed order and couldn't get through the Carrier Approval page. It's right now 3 Green Check Mark

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
I called them today...absolutely no informative information was given to me. Basically the rep said that I had to wait for them to get the stock in before they could carry out the other processes. I simply explained to them that other orders were receiving carrier approval and order verifications checks. The guy could not give me an answer as to why. He then restated that all orders are approved once a phone has been assigned to that order. -________- ---obviously.

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I would call again and hope to get a different rep that is more helpful, or just ask them directly to give their eligibility team a call and have them verify the order/account.

To be fair, their online help documentation says that is normally how they work. They wait till they actually get the phone, then process the carrier eligibility, and then ship out. But seeing as how some people already got verified, I wanted to make sure I was verified and that no errors occurred once they got the phone. I just want them to ship it out as soon as possible with no hassle.

Better safe than delayed.

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
Yea, I'll give them another call tomorrow. Question, when you called, did you have any problems with staying connected after you said your personal info when the automated voice asked for it? The funny thing is that sometimes when I call after I say either my order number OR phone number that is associated with the order, I automatically get disconnected. At first, I thought they were dropped calls, but I finally got to talk to a rep today after "numerous" times of trying?

Their hours say 9am - 10pm Eastern Monday - Friday///9am - 9 pm Eastern Saturday, so I am pretty sure that I called during hours. --- I don't know why it would hang up right after saying/typing my info? --- Anyway, thanks man, I know I sound like a broken record on this thread. It's quite annoying to have to deal with this, but unfortunately as you stated...I'd rather not have a delayed phone. ---especially when they already decided to charge my account.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb