MS Store Lumia 1020 Pre-orders

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Yea, I'll give them another call tomorrow. Question, when you called, did you have any problems with staying connected after you said your personal info when the automated voice asked for it? The funny thing is that sometimes when I call after I say either my order number OR phone number that is associated with the order, I automatically get disconnected. At first, I thought they were dropped calls, but I finally got to talk to a rep today after "numerous" times of trying?

No disconnects for me. Nothing like that. It was a pretty quick and painless call and talk with the automated system, then transferred to a person.

navidee

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I preordered mine yesterday morning. I just hope get mine by Friday. Im figuring im pretty far down on the pecking order as you all had two days up on me. Can't wait, im ready to retire my Focus!!
Edit: just saw att sold out of preorders already. I have a bad feeling mine is going to back ordered now since I preordered so late :(

Last edited:

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
Ok, called the MS Store and again...somehow I got the same EXACT guy when I called last time. -lol. Anyway, he assured me that since my order was just an upgrade to an existing account with no change to my current plan that carrier verification is not really needed, and that they check ATT as soon as the order is placed to check upgrade eligibility. -which he said everything looks good from the ATT verification.

Whatever, I guess we'll see soon on whether or not that is the case....

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
I preordered mine yesterday morning. I just hope get mine by Friday. Im figuring im pretty far down on the pecking order as you all had two days up on me. Can't wait, im ready to retire my Focus!!
Edit: just saw att sold out of preorders already. I have a bad feeling mine is going to back ordered now since I preordered so late :(

I don't know if all the preorders are sold out...as some people can still place orders for the 1020 on ATT and haven't received a backorder email yet. I wanna say since they "don't actually" have stock in since it is a preorder, that it says it is that it is out of stock???? -I could be wrong on this though. Lets hope not!

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Relax folks... As it's a preorder, there is no inventories to ship yet. If you don't see any change by Wednesday (the expected ship date), then you should call for follow up.

Quinlan00

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Ok, called the MS Store and again...somehow I got the same EXACT guy when I called last time. -lol. Anyway, he assured me that since my order was just an upgrade to an existing account with no change to my current plan that carrier verification is not really needed, and that they check ATT as soon as the order is placed to check upgrade eligibility. -which he said everything looks good from the ATT verification.

Whatever, I guess we'll see soon on whether or not that is the case....

I called yesterday and was told almost the exact same thing by a female rep, so I'm going to assume that is probably accurate. She said she could see that I had an upgrade available.

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
Sometime today, my order progressed and now I have 3 of the 4 boxes checked on the order verification screen...

Nice. Still sitting at the first check box for me...I will check again tomorrow. All shipments should be in tomorrow anyway...if there is no change by Wednesday, I'll probably cancel and just go to the store to buy it.

Jeff Schaub

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Make sure you keep checking your order status. This morning I still just had the first check box, but the description changed from pre-order to "order received." Then this afternoon it went to an exception status and I had to call in. For some whacky reason everything on my order was the same, except the name changed to someone else!! Still had my acct number, phone number, address, but was listed under a different name so they couldn't verify with AT&T.

Spent 20 minutes on the phone with a rep to try to clear it up. While I was on the phone it progressed, all boxes checked except for the "shipped" status.

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Nice. Still sitting at the first check box for me...I will check again tomorrow. All shipments should be in tomorrow anyway...if there is no change by Wednesday, I'll probably cancel and just go to the store to buy it.

That's my plans also. I am thinking we should all see shipped by Wednesday

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
Didn't I just suggest that several posts ago?! :p lol

Anyway, same status as everyone else here... sitting at pending confirmation with carrier.

Lol you did! Hahaha, you have to excuse my anxiety here. -I honestly have been obsessed with this phone since December 2012 -ever since the first leaks started coming in. xD

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Since they changed the policy on the free camera grip (all orders vs 2 year contract) I called to see if I was getting the grip. While I had the guy on the line, I asked about ship dates. After some hold time, he said the fulfillment warehouse would be receiving the phones on the 26th, and shipped out that same day.

Take that info for what it's worth.

deepu424

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I called yesterday and was told almost the exact same thing by a female rep, so I'm going to assume that is probably accurate. She said she could see that I had an upgrade available.
Even its the same when i called yesterday....as yours is an upgrade...we'll let you know when the we get the devices...and ship them

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Since they changed the policy on the free camera grip (all orders vs 2 year contract) I called to see if I was getting the grip. While I had the guy on the line, I asked about ship dates. After some hold time, he said the fulfillment warehouse would be receiving the phones on the 26th, and shipped out that same day.

Take that info for what it's worth.

I hope that is wrong. Really hope.

Last edited:

andybbtt111

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I am hoping for Friday delivery but expecting monday-wed next week.

I just bought a brand new car though, so I'm satisfied with material things for the time being ;)

blackbox1

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
@andybbott111

My thoughts exactly about delivery on Friday and expecting monday-wed next week, but here is hoping for a ship date of the 23rd like the ATT pre-orders.

Also, did any of you have different delivery options when ordering? I only had one which was "next day delivery".

Jeff Schaub

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
And I emailed MS support to ask if we will be receiving a camera grip in the color of our phone order. This was the response:

"I am sorry to say that I can not assure you about the Lumia Camera Grip associated with your purchase as it is an accessory and will be randomly pick by the warehouse. "

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05