MS Store Lumia 1020 Pre-orders

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
And I emailed MS support to ask if we will be receiving a camera grip in the color of our phone order. This was the response:

"I am sorry to say that I can not assure you about the Lumia Camera Grip associated with your purchase as it is an accessory and will be randomly pick by the warehouse. "

Gay

TemjinC

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
MS Store shipped my Surface RT a day before the launch date and it arrived on the official launch date. Hope it's the same in the case.

I am sticking with my order with them because not having to pay tax on $699 is better

blackbox1

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
MS Store shipped my Surface RT a day before the launch date and it arrived on the official launch date. Hope it's the same in the case.

I am sticking with my order with them because not having to pay tax on $699 is better

I agree but that's if they don't charge you for the tax fee once the order is shipped. I was a little concerned about it myself but still ordered through the site. Can anyone on this forum confirm whether the Microsoft Online Store charges a different fee once the ordered is shipped?

Also, even if you pick it up from the ATT store, your likely to pay pretty much the same price after tax considering that it's $40 cheaper.

Jeff Schaub

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I agree but that's if they don't charge you for the tax fee once the order is shipped. I was a little concerned about it myself but still ordered through the site. Can anyone on this forum confirm whether the Microsoft Online Store charges a different fee once the ordered is shipped?

Also, even if you pick it up from the ATT store, your likely to pay pretty much the same price after tax considering that it's $40 cheaper.

I'd be very surprised if there isn't a tax, as there is a physical MS store in most states and as such they'd need to charge it.

Whether it ships or arrives on Friday (or next week...please no!), I still think getting the camera grip for free is worth an extra few days of waiting.

TemjinC

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

MS Store charges tax, but Lumia 1020 is fulfilled by Simplexity which operated based in VA. I am upgrading using the 2 years plan so it's the same $299 price.

It would be AT&T: $299 + $699 * 9% = $361.91 and I do not get a Camera Grip vs MS Store : $299 + $36 Activation (Which might not get charged because I have Premier account)

I'd be very surprised if there isn't a tax, as there is a physical MS store in most states and as such they'd need to charge it.

Whether it ships or arrives on Friday (or next week...please no!), I still think getting the camera grip for free is worth an extra few days of waiting.

MS Store charges tax, but Lumia 1020 is fulfilled by Simplexity which operated based in VA. It seems that AT&T is shipping it out July 23rd, when exactly is the official release date?

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
I will not go another weekend without my 1020 😊

this is almost my attitude. But honestly, I would really like the camera grip and not pay tax. -plus I have a feeling those pending funds that they charged on my account won't be released until the week after if I cancelled...which would pretty much suck as I have almost 650$ pending -___-

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I'll wait patiently since I want the free camera grip, but I'm disappointed if we really have to wait until next week. :(

FWIW, I find customer service representatives are usually clueless about that stuff.

Rebelatheart

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Great that they added the free camera grip to those buying off contract, but the $699 price kills the deal if you have to pay taxes. $699 from att with taxes vs $740 thru the MS store. If you really want the camera grip, you still save $20, but for those like me who are on the fence, not really a deal that great of a deal anymore. Oh well.

navidee

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Well, there is a slight chance since its going FedEx, that it may arrive on Saturday. I've had it happen before on FedEx next day. Unfortunately, I did preorder until 8:30am on Friday, so im not sure how far behind my shipment will be.

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
Well, there is a slight chance since its going FedEx, that it may arrive on Saturday. I've had it happen before on FedEx next day. Unfortunately, I did preorder until 8:30am on Friday, so im not sure how far behind my shipment will be.

All orders from the MS store all go out FedEx. So yes, high chance of Saturday delivery if this is the case...

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Special note for Preorders:
If you placed an order for a device that is currently in preorder, we will begin shipping them in the order they were received as soon as we are authorized to release the devices.

I certainly hope this means that they will be authorized to release the devices a few days before the actual launch date so it gets into our hands in a timely fashion.

MoggSquad

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
So are you getting the free grip or do you have to re-order?

Since they changed the policy on the free camera grip (all orders vs 2 year contract) I called to see if I was getting the grip. While I had the guy on the line, I asked about ship dates. After some hold time, he said the fulfillment warehouse would be receiving the phones on the 26th, and shipped out that same day.

Take that info for what it's worth.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99