MS Store Lumia 1020 Pre-orders

TemjinC

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Still hoping for a late today shipment Ike the Surface. Hope is not a strategy, if course. Is no sales tax worth a weekend of waiting? I usually say no. Really wanted my 1020 for a couple of concerts this weekend...

9% CA Tax bites, fortunately no special weekend event for me this week.

Nice, thanks. Should be good for us East Coasters! :)

It ships Fedex Next Day, wouldn't make a difference

tmark86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I just called my local ATT store and they said that they would have plenty of stock of the Lumia 1020 available tomorrow. I will be there at 10 waiting to pick one up if it doesn't ship out from Simplexity soon.

Would it be possible to go and activate a new lumia 1020 with ATT tomorrow and then once the MS Store order arrives (assuming I haven't canceled it) take the 1020 back to ATT and use everything from the MS Store? I would love to be able to keep the camera grip and the no tax but still want to make sure I have it for this weekend. Basically I would activate the phone for the weekend and then swap phones when the MS Store order arrives and return the activated one.

prrios

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I just called my local ATT store and they said that they would have plenty of stock of the Lumia 1020 available tomorrow. I will be there at 10 waiting to pick one up if it doesn't ship out from Simplexity soon.

Would it be possible to go and activate a new lumia 1020 with ATT tomorrow and then once the MS Store order arrives (assuming I haven't canceled it) take the 1020 back to ATT and use everything from the MS Store? I would love to be able to keep the camera grip and the no tax but still want to make sure I have it for this weekend. Basically I would activate the phone for the weekend and then swap phones when the MS Store order arrives and return the activated one.

That's what I'm thinking about doing. You have 30 days, I believe, to return your device to the AT&T store and still keep your upgrade eligibility (though they may charge you a restocking fee). I did the same thing last year when I "test drove" a Galaxy S3 and returned it when I didn't like it. They refunded me my entire payment back and I upgraded to another phone a week later. Just make sure you don't damage it.

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site

If you use your upgrade to get the Lumia from the AT&T store, then that will probably cancel or stall your order with the MS Store. You can only use your upgrade once, and one Simplexity sees that your upgrade was already used, that'll prompt them to either cancel your order or call you to find out what's going on and how to fix it. You'll have to return your device to AT&T before Simplexity can do anything, unless you want to pay full price for it.

tmark86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I figured it wouldn't be possible but I wanted to try and get the best of both worlds. Ha.

I am actually switching from Sprint to ATT just for this phone and the crappy love that Sprint gives WP. I've been using my FrankenPre 2 for about 2 years now. Does anyone know how long a port takes with ATT?

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I figured it wouldn't be possible but I wanted to try and get the best of both worlds. Ha.

I am actually switching from Sprint to ATT just for this phone and the crappy love that Sprint gives WP. I've been using my FrankenPre 2 for about 2 years now. Does anyone know how long a port takes with ATT?

Wow! A Pre 2?!? :) Lucky you! When I left Sprint, I was still running the gen1 Pre and was overdue an upgrade by six months and left specifically for the HTC Titan when I saw the direction HP was taking the Pre (essentially into the HPToilet) and the poor selection of WP on Sprint. I still miss the card interface and swiping cards away when I'm done with them...I was using my TouchPad just yesterday lol I got a new number when I transferred to AT&T but a friend of mine had their number ported rather quickly...hopefully it's the same for you :)

To quote the infamous John McClane: "Welcome to the party pal!"

:smile:

tmark86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
@techiedude007 I love webOS and the Pre phones, especially with the portrait keyboard. I actually started with a Pre- from day 1 and did the whole board swap of a Verizon Pre 2 to work on Sprint. I've been trying to stick it out hoping that Sprint would give some WP love because my phone is starting to die but no luck. I have wanted a Lumia for a while and this camera finally tipped the scale.

I just convinced my boss to get a Lumia 928 and he loves it and after playing with his I know it will be sweet. Hopefully the ATT port goes quickly and I will be taking photos tomorrow.

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
So of course I called my local AT&T store and they said that it launches tomorrow but that they don't even have any in stock to sell. Of course they do get shipments all week long so it may show up later today or tomorrow.

Sigh.

As is typical with AT&T, they knew nothing. Had to put me old hold and run around to get the answers to my questions. Basic questions.

tmj8102

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
That's what I'm thinking about doing. You have 30 days, I believe, to return your device to the AT&T store and still keep your upgrade eligibility (though they may charge you a restocking fee). I did the same thing last year when I "test drove" a Galaxy S3 and returned it when I didn't like it. They refunded me my entire payment back and I upgraded to another phone a week later. Just make sure you don't damage it.

The buyers remource is now 14 Days. I work for AT&T. I am 100% on this policy! My MS order still not updated :( Boo, but I want the free grip. I will have to show patience!

tmj8102

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

It can take up to 24 hours for a port to complete. Start the process today!!!

andybbtt111

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
When I ordered from MS I thought it would be delivered the same day, so if I get no shipment notice before 10am tomorrow, I'll cancel and just cut my losses on the grip. I'm impatient, lol.

navidee

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
When I ordered from MS I thought it would be delivered the same day, so if I get no shipment notice before 10am tomorrow, I'll cancel and just cut my losses on the grip. I'm impatient, lol.

I must have the grip. Will be pissed if it doesn't match my phone though.

elRamiro10

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Just got off a CHAT support session with MS, they state they don't have the phone, and are scheduled to receive them tomorrow. They will ship once received. This is pretty upsetting.

Meaning, if they don't get the phones tomorrow, they don't ship. And if they do, they ship tomorrow, so in that case we won't receive the phone until the following week. #MicrosoftDropsBall

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Release date is tomorrow. It's been clearly stated from the beginning that MS would ship them on release date. AT&T clearly stated they would ship them early.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss