MS Store Lumia 1020 Pre-orders

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Another day, another un-updated order status page. I guess the ol' distro center in Largo, MD wasn't as busy this morning/last night as we were hoping...sigh...

Any MS Online orderers out there with improved status updates? On the plus side (hey, we have to find one to keep our Lumia lunacy in check), all of our brethren that ordered via AT&T will be able to bug check and troubleshoot over the weekend so we can learn from their early adopter-itis :wink:

Techiedude

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
So has anybody with an MS Online order through Complexity got an update to their ordering page? I've still got a big fat red exclamation point for Shipped :(

Hopefully it's shipped before the MetroPCS version is released...

Techiedude

I guess Armageddon *IS* upon us:
Nokia Lumia 521 coming to MetroPCS tomorrow for only $99 | Windows Phone Central

(and, yes, I know it isn't the 1020 lol) glad to see we're getting WP some visibility with budget carriers. Hopefully we can gain some marketshare and light this sucker up ;)

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
Another day, another un-updated order status page. I guess the ol' distro center in Largo, MD wasn't as busy this morning/last night as we were hoping...sigh...

Any MS Online orderers out there with improved status updates? On the plus side (hey, we have to find one to keep our Lumia lunacy in check), all of our brethren that ordered via AT&T will be able to bug check and troubleshoot over the weekend so we can learn from their early adopter-itis :wink:

Techiedude

This is stupid...There BETTER be a shipping notification today or I will be pissed. lol.

"be the first to get the 1020, when you preorder from the MS Store" -my arse

anyway...I only work a half day today...yay! ....so I'll keep in touch all day.

andybbtt111

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Canceled. Just gonna cut my losses and go grab one at the store in a few hours when they open. Got a car show this weekend, want the camera, lol.

andybbtt111

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I lol at the thought that there could possibly be a line for a windows phone, lol. Nah, when I did the same thing for my 920 there was like 3-4 people there getting one, so whatevs.

I'll be getting there 20 min early "just in case"

lantern20

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
I just talked with customer service. They said they are waiting to receive their stock. They said if they receive their stock by 6 p.m. EST they will ship today. If not, they will ship Monday. Of course, this could all just be BS. Just need to be patient I guess.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
A quick correction: early I stated that a MS rep told me if I cancelled my order, it would take 24 hours on their end, plus another 3-4 days on the banks end, for the hold to drop off. Well, I cancelled my order via the web last night around 8:00, and 12 hours later the hold is gone.

andybbtt111

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
A quick correction: early I stated that a MS rep told me if I cancelled my order, it would take 24 hours on their end, plus another 3-4 days on the banks end, for the hold to drop off. Well, I cancelled my order via the web last night around 8:00, and 12 hours later the hold is gone.

Thats cool, I'm just putting it on a CC with 0 balance, so hold all ya want!! lol

andybbtt111

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I haven't canceled yet, but will as soon as I confirm ATT store has stock, I don't know if I'll be bummed or happy if it ships before then, lol.

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site

Quick question for you: is the cancellation process easy/slam dunk? I'm probably gonna go by a local MS Store today and would consider picking it up there if they offer the camera shell for free too but want to know how the cancellation process is :)

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
…ok…sit down…deep breath…drink some caffeine…here it goes…
I called the local MS Store and asked if they had the white Nokia Purity headphones in stock and are they selling them at the online price ($49)? Nope not in stock; but it sounds like they would honor the price if they did :shocked: Drat :cry:
Then I decide to ask about their 1020 stock...
Store Rep: Oh yes sir. We have those.
Me: Are you offering the free camera shell with purchase?
Store Rep: Well, you had to pre-order to get that.
Me: Well I did preorder online through the Microsoft Store. Could I pick it up from your store and get the camera shell too?
Store Rep: Oh certainly sir, that wouldn’t be a problem
<head gets woozy, feelin’ faint and a bit loopy at this point>
Me: Really?!?
Store Rep: Yes sir (“cheerfully authoritative”, if that’s even possible)
Me: ummmm, but I preordered online through the Microsoft Store and they aren’t shipping out yet but I can still pick it up in your store?
Store Rep: Yes sir.
Me: Can I reserve one or ask you to hold one?
Store Rep: We have plenty sir; that shouldn’t be a problem.
Me: Really? Ok…um, thank you for your time, it’s gratefully appreciated.
Blah, blah, blah…

So I’ll be printing out my online order confirmation and receipt and high-tailing it to the local MS Store this afternoon. This is gonna be a loooooong day…even longer if this ends up not true :crying: (which will make for an even longer weekend...)

<crosses fingers, toes and eyes for luck>

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb