MS Store Lumia 1020 Pre-orders

revolutionofm

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if this info would be helpful but it may shed some light on your preorders.

I ordered my 1020 through AT&T and it was delivered yesterday so I immediately went searching for a camera grip. I stopped at three different company stores and they all told me that they hadn't received the camera grip because it hadn't shipped from Nokia yet. One manager told me to check back the middle of next week.

Since most of you in this thread ordered from the MS Store because of the free grip promotion this may be a cause for your delay.

cubanaso

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Just cancelled my order. On my way to my local Microsoft store where I just called and confirmed that they will honor the free camera grip promotion. Awesome!

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this info would be helpful but it may shed some light on your preorders.

I ordered my 1020 through AT&T and it was delivered yesterday so I immediately went searching for a camera grip. I stopped at three different company stores and they all told me that they hadn't received the camera grip because it hadn't shipped from Nokia yet. One manager told me to check back the middle of next week.

Since most of you in this thread ordered from the MS Store because of the free grip promotion this may be a cause for your delay.

Thanks for the heads-up; the store rep I spoke to said they had "plenty in stock" so hopefully I can hold her to that declaration...only time and a long drive will tell though...

dogfacedsoldier

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Well, just got off chat with them and they indicate inventory is expected today.

Please wait while we find an agent to assist you....
You have been connected to Sourav.
Sourav: Hi Me, I'd be happy to help you today. For security reasons, could you please provide the last 4 digits of your SSN?
Me: ####
Sourav: Thank you for the verification. It will just take a minute or two for me to review your order information.
Me: ok
Me: Hi, any info?
Sourav: Since the phone you have ordered is a pre-order phone and we are expecting the phone to be launched by today. However, the phone is still not available in our stock in our inventory.
Me: So when do you expect it to be in inventory? Today was launch day and there are no phones in?
Sourav: Once the phone is available in the stock we will definitely process the order within 24 hours.
Sourav: Once the phone is shipped we will definitely notify about the package via e-mail along with the tracking number.
Me: How long could that be? Also, do you know if the camera grip will be the same color as the phone?
Sourav: Since we are expecting the phone to be available in our inventory by today hence we would request you to comeback for another chat session by today evening or can also comeback for another chat session tomorrow to know the status of the order.
Me: Ok, thanks.Is the phone order being delayed because the camera grip hasn't been delivered by Nokia?
Sourav: I cannot confirm you that, however also cannot confirm the color of the camera grip that you will receive with the order for free.
Me: Ok, thanks for your help.
Your session has ended. You may now close this window

Guess we'll have to check back later today :(

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure they will ship today! Hang in there.

BTW, I just walked into the AT&T store and walked back out 5 minutes later. Quick and painless. I won't be preordering from MS again.

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Just cancelled my order. On my way to my local Microsoft store where I just called and confirmed that they will honor the free camera grip promotion. Awesome!

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

Yes please let us know how it goes. I called my local MS Store and they said they wouldn't be able to help me since an online preorder is a different stock than what the store has. No camera grip if I go there.

My ATT store still has no phones in yet.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
btw, first impressions are very good. Much nicer than the 920 or 900. Some of the improvements over the 920 include:

1. Nicer buttons: the 920 buttons were nice at first, but got a bit mushy after time. These feel very solid
2. No small bezel around the screen: it blends right in with the body ala lumia 800
3. Amoled: Holy crap I forgot how nice WP looks on amoled. Blacks blend into the bezel for a stunning visual look. However! Writing does tend to break up a bit, just like it does on the 925. This was not so on the 900's amoled screen (or the 920's lcd for that matter), so a slight disappointment there
4. Jury's out on the matte finish. It feels great, but I'm concerned about soiling from jeans, etc.
5. Size-wise, the phone feels great. Nice weight, and no issues with holding it b/c of the camera hump
6. Every time I've restored a phone, it gets to 97%, reports an "unable to restore" error, and then goes to the phone, which appears to be restored (except for downloading apps). No error this time.
7. Out of the box, it was almost dead, so it's hooked up to a charger while it updates. Which brings me to the last point...
8. Oh boy do I miss wireless charging. This cable hanging off the bottom of my phone feels medieval. Wireless charging case on preorder (ack!) from amazon...

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
At least not for a phone.

I'm so tempted to walk over to the MS Store on lunch and just friggin buy it, pay the tax and cancel my online order. I don't really want to walk a mile to get there though.

Oops, forgot about that lil thing called "tax" :( I'll double-check my order status before leaving work today but could be tempted to pay "it" once I see the phone in-person.

andybbtt111

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I just went over to ATT and picked one up, they don't even have camera grips there. Oh well, I'll stop by a MS store later this weekend on my way to my parents house to grab one. What's money anyways... Phone looks cool so far.

prrios

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
After spending the entire past week constantly checking on my order, Microsoft decided to cancel it, stating that the line I was upgrading wasn't eligible. Which isn't true. I just got home from my local at&t store with a yellow 1020. Thanks Microsoft!!!

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Has anybodies MS order updated and shipped today?

Just checked...nope.

I also chatted with a rep and got pretty much the same answer as other posted chats here have gotten: when we get them in they'll ship within 24 hours of arrival...We can't confirm which color camera grip you're gonna get...we can't confirm if the camera grip will delay shipment of your order.

Stay classy Microsoft/Complexity </RBurgundy>

Last edited:

MoggSquad

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
So is this really just a glorified case that happens to add wireless charging? I'm not a fan of cases in general. You cover the beautiful design of your phone and you're also adding to the bulk of it. I think the only time I bought a case was for my iphone 1st gen.

I'd like your opinion since I'm really having trouble grasping the $40 cost of this.

btw, first impressions are very good. Much nicer than the 920 or 900. Some of the improvements over the 920 include:

8. Oh boy do I miss wireless charging. This cable hanging off the bottom of my phone feels medieval. Wireless charging case on preorder (ack!) from amazon...

navidee

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Just checked...nope.

I also chatted with a rep and got pretty much the same answer as other posted chats here have gotten: when we get them in they'll ship within 24 hours of arrival...We can't confirm which color camera grip you're gonna get...we can't confirm if the camera grip will delay shipment of your order.

Stay classy Microsoft/Complexity </RBurgundy>

I'll give them until tomorrow and I'm cancelling and going to local ATT store for my phone.

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah so I can't wait. I'm gonna just cancel and go to the MS Store and pick one up. I'll be much happier, and you can't buy happiness, so the cost of the camera grip won't bother me. Lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel