MS Store Lumia 1020 Pre-orders

jdl440

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I chatted with the store rep this morning.

My status moved from 1 checkbox, to 3 checks and an !. Still out of stock. They stated they were expecting a shipment this evening (6pm eastern time) and that they would ship them then. I asked if mine would be part of that shipment, they could not confirm. (pre-ordered last Friday mid morning)

I guess I'm just going to be patient and wait it out.... try to at least.

shadyghost

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I too called the local microsoft store. they said if i can bring in my receipt they would give me the phone with free camera grip..

Just to clarify, they would give you the phone and the grip which would fulfill your order, or they would cancel the order and you would purchase it there thus having to pay tax...

MoggSquad

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
As much as I'd love one today. My closest MS Store is 3.5 hours away and the closest AT&T store that would have one is 1.5 hours away.

I can wait it out. I mainly need it by August 14th.

snguyen10

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Gave in and cancelled my order...called at&t and they said they had 8 black ones and 4 yellow ones in stock right now. Guess i'll go pick it up after work! Good luck with your MS orders guys!

lerimer

May 24, 2011
Visit site
So I cancelled my online order. Went to the MS store in florida mall. Got a yellow 1020 with camera grip. Was given a 50$ in store gift card and a 10$ gift card for apps. Bought the charging plate with the 50$ gift card. I'm a very happy camper!!!!!

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
So I cancelled my online order. Went to the MS store in florida mall. Got a yellow 1020 with camera grip. Was given a 50$ in store gift card and a 10$ gift card for apps. Bought the charging plate with the 50$ gift card. I'm a very happy camper!!!!!

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

@Lerimer - that's where I'm going later today! How did you talk yourself into the gift cards :eek:rly: ? Did you tell them that you had already pre-ordered?Also, did you happen to notice if they had any white 1020s still available?

Any info, greatly appreciated! :grin:

moirane

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Well this is discouraging

From MS Chat:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Please wait while we find an agent to assist you....
You have been connected to Bhaskarjyoti .
Bhaskarjyoti : Hi Kevin, I'd be happy to help you today. For security reasons, could you please provide the last 4 digits of your SSN?
Kevin Gittelman: ####
Bhaskarjyoti : Thank you for the verification. It will just take a minute or two for me to review your order information.
Kevin Gittelman: Thanks!
Bhaskarjyoti : You are welcome,.
Bhaskarjyoti : Thanks for your patience.
Kevin Gittelman: No problem
Bhaskarjyoti : Nokia Lumia 1020 Black for AT&T is a pre-order on Microsoft Store website. The phone has not been launched yet.
Bhaskarjyoti : We will ship the order within 24 hours as soon as the model is launched.
Bhaskarjyoti : We have more than 200 orders for Nokia Lumia 1020 Black and all the orders will be honored together once the phone gets launched.
Kevin Gittelman: I thought today was the launch day
Kevin Gittelman: at least that's what it says all over the MS store site
Kevin Gittelman: Can you tell me when launch day is?
Bhaskarjyoti : I completely agree with you. Please let me check the inventory for your order.
Kevin Gittelman: Thanks!
Bhaskarjyoti : You are welcome.
Bhaskarjyoti : I appreciate your patience.
Bhaskarjyoti : I have checked that Nokia Lumia 1020 Black has not arrived at our distribution center yet. We have not had a confirmation date of launch from our distribution center.
Kevin Gittelman: So you have no idea when it is actually going to ship or even arrive, even though everything on the MS website said it would be today
Kevin Gittelman: and you are also saying that today was not the launch date for the ####?
Bhaskarjyoti : Kevin you are correct.
Bhaskarjyoti : The wireless device you ordered is extremely popular. We have been notified that we will be receiving a shipment of these phones but at this time we do not have a firm shipping date.
Bhaskarjyoti : We will start shipping as soon as we have the phone available in our inventory.
Kevin Gittelman: And yet your reps have been telling everyone who pre-ordered that it would be shipping today
[/FONT]
spacer.gif

Bhaskarjyoti : I truly regret for the delay. In fact, we were informed by the manufacturer as they will supply the phone in bulk as usual. However, unfortunately, we could not meet our high expectation.
spacer.gif

So they aren't even sure if its going to ship today and in fact it pretty much seems as if its not going to be shipping today

Uncled1023

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Just talked with a MS store rep, and they will be honoring mine too. Looks like i'm heading there today to pick my stuff up. Simplexity sure **** the bed on this one.

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Sitting here at the Microsoft Store getting my phone. Free camera grip, free $50 gift card, free $10 app gift card. No brainer. Cancel now.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
It will be shipped today, everyone needs to be patient! (haha just like me)

In fact, I predict everyone will start getting shipping emails within the next 2 hours.

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Oh I know, frankly I am more ticked off at the fact that, if this is true, why doesn't MS send us all an email letting us know that its not being shipped today rather than leaving us all hitting F5 every 30 mins

Every 30 minutes?!? That's showing a great deal of patience and restraint...I'm probably averaging five minutes between F5 twitches...

Stanford Moore

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Not only the Microsoft store gave me the promo.. they gave me a $50 gift card that I they allowed me to apply to the phone... and then they have me a coupon for $10 worth of microsoft app store....... Glad I went to the MS store.. I cancelled this order when I was waiting in line..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo