MS Store Lumia 1020 Pre-orders

MoviesHateUToo

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
So are most of you cancelling your orders and then heading to the stores or are you heading to the store and then cancelling your online order while there?

lerimer

May 24, 2011
Visit site
@Lerimer - that's where I'm going later today! How did you talk yourself into the gift cards :eek:rly: ? Did you tell them that you had already pre-ordered?Also, did you happen to notice if they had any white 1020s still available?

Any info, greatly appreciated! :grin:

Sorry for the late response. But yes, they had all three colors for the phone, but only black and white accessories.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

lerimer

May 24, 2011
Visit site
@Lerimer - that's where I'm going later today! How did you talk yourself into the gift cards :eek:rly: ? Did you tell them that you had already pre-ordered?Also, did you happen to notice if they had any white 1020s still available?

Any info, greatly appreciated! :grin:

And the gift cards where bundled in with the purchase. I guess every new 1020 owner gets them. But only at a MS store.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

ytechie

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I stopped at the AT&T store today, they had one in stock. Went ahead and bought it. It was a great experience.

I called to cancel the pre-order from the MS store, they cannot find my order using ANY of my information. I have the email confirmation, and I can even check the status of my order. I told the lady on the phone to send me an email stating that I didn't have an order, and she wouldn't do that. So now they say I don't have an order, but I know one will show up at some point.

What a terrible experience. It will probably show up next week and I'll have to send it back.

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I stopped at the AT&T store today, they had one in stock. Went ahead and bought it. It was a great experience.

I called to cancel the pre-order from the MS store, they cannot find my order using ANY of my information. I have the email confirmation, and I can even check the status of my order. I told the lady on the phone to send me an email stating that I didn't have an order, and she wouldn't do that. So now they say I don't have an order, but I know one will show up at some point.

What a terrible experience. It will probably show up next week and I'll have to send it back.

There's a button on the website where you check your order status. Couple clicks and its cancelled.

So are most of you cancelling your orders and then heading to the stores or are you heading to the store and then cancelling your online order while there?

Doesn't really matter. Simplexity can only really process the update/account change once they actually have the phone. Until then, they can only check to see if you are eligible to get a phone, but they can't make any account changes since they don't have the information for your new device. So you can head down to the store and get your phone, and cancel at any time as long as Simplexity doesn't suddenly send you a notification that your phone order has been processed and shipped.

MoggSquad

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I felt adventurous and made the treck to my MS store while cancelling simplexity. Great experience overall:

They told me that a few hours before I arrived that MS sent a memo not to combine the $50 gc and free camera grip but made an exception for me. No one was aware of any $10 app gc promotion.
They were having issues activating the $50 gc, so they just gave me a $50 credit off the total price instead. Also gave me a card for 3gb of Skydrive and the Appy thing for the Nook books/magazines.

I'm exhausted and didn't even get to power the 1020 on yet!

drtek

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I too canceled my on line order that was done on the 19th and headed to the MS store. I got the free camera grip and the $50 credit which I used to get the wireless charging adapter. They said something about the $10 app credit, but I'm not sure how that works. Very pleased so far. Wish Otterbox had their case available.

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
Based on all this, screw it... I'm headed to Beachwood today!

It will be worth it man. I had to drive 60+ mins (not including 5 o clock rush hour traffic ... And BC I got lost...damn TomTom) to get to my store. I literally have no regrets or buyers remorse. Free camera grip+50$ store credit+10$ app voucher is still worthy of not paying tax with the online order.

If you are lucky, ask to do the Bing It challenge to get an additional 25$ off your purchase. I was just talking the the clerks yesterday about how I didn't want to pay tax and basically they offered to do this for me.

Anyway make sure you call ahead to make sure they have everything you need before making the drive.

Quinlan00

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I cancelled my MS.com order Thursday night and went to an ATT store Friday and got one. It took TWO corporate stores to get a yellow phone. I was the first in line at both, and one store didn't event get a yellow unit, and the one I bought mine at said they had only received two. Neither had camera grips.

Kacey Green

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
As much as I'd love one today. My closest MS Store is 3.5 hours away and the closest AT&T store that would have one is 1.5 hours away.

I can wait it out. I mainly need it by August 14th.

I did this and paid the tax my stare is 2 hours away each way, but the rep there was awesome, he saved me over $20 a month with a different set of plans that the computer let me pick from and let me know I actually have an employee discount with ATT. Winning!

I also changed from black to yellow with black camera grip, Amazon is sending a black charging cover. I've only had black phones for the last few years so this will be a nice change of pace.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Yep... Phone, camera grip, $50 gift card, $10 app store card, and $25 Bing challenge. Well worth the trip!

Now my only disappointment is the lack of red and cyan, lol.

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
If you're looking for a screen protector (since Zagg doesn't seem to have a custom one yet), I used a Zagg for an HTC Titan and it fit within a couple of millimeters. $14.99 @Zagg.com with free shipping and before any coupons you can dig up. You might also find them at a local store (Best Buy, Target, check their website). Just a thought...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss